1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

talking to your BJD

Sep 26, 2014

1. I talk to mine a lot, but I talk to lots of things. I fuss at my sewing machine, I converse with my dogs, I just talk. ^^; It makes up for all the not-talking I do around people...

2. I talk to them ones in a while. I talk to my DOC Petsha Yuki more often though. She seems to pout more if I forget to notice her for quite a while. She's pretty needy when she wants to. ;)

3. I'm so glad to see others do this. I just ordered my first doll and I know I'll be talking to him alot (venting, telling him how wonderful he is and how handsome he looks). My husband won't be surprised because I talk to my MMORPG character like that all of the time.

Update - I received my doll a few days ago and have already enjoyed some fine conversations with him :lol: The wig that I ordered from the company was a nightmare (it looked perfect in their pictures but no matter what I did it looked like a mess). My mom used to be a hairdresser and she worked with wigs alot so she came over and trimmed it and styled it, but the best part was that she kept talking to my doll too :) it was pretty funny.

4. I sort of talk to them I guess. Usually there are quite a few people plus my dog around so I usually just talk to them in my head. Sort of like communicating telepathically you could say. When no one's around I do try to talk out loud once in a while so I get used to my own voice a little more, I don't talk a lot in general so it's good practise.

5. i guess i talk 'at' them when they are being naughty, you know, like having a kicky leg or they keep pulling their wigs off. Yes, i love it that i can say what i want to them and they listen to me, but i think my conversation is more to do with getting them dressed or making new items or re positioning them. i dont tell them my darkest secrets, just cos they are only little children pixies in my eyes.... love them, love the escapism they provide.... and who wants to talk about real life when these beautiful little people provise us with a space to forget the trials of everyday life. great question, thanks for posting it!

6. I mostly talk to Kai in my head, but when I'm alone in the house I talk to him out loud. Mostly little things, like complaining about the work I'm doing, what he thinks of the sculpt I'm looking at. Every so often he gets the "Why won't your joints go where I want them to?!" vent, but for the large part it's just random stuff. It really helps me figure stuff out about his personality, thinking what he'd say back to me.

7. I talk to mine when I'm alone. It's usually random stuff like, "sit properly", "stop biting me!" "what do you think of this?". I also do talk to them when I'm around my friends, because they're doll owners too...and it's not considered weird by them lol. They do it to, to an extent.

8. I haven't received my doll yet.
      But just like Osaka i talk to everything.. my car.. my hair.. my cats..
      I think my doll won't be any different hihi

9. I talk to my doll, but not like huge conversations. Ill just comment on things, just because i feel like her essence and her presence needs it. It makes me feel better. I always say sorry to her because I am clumbsy and her hand will fall off and i freak out and find it and apologize haha.

10. I usually only talk to my dolls when I'm trying to pose them for photos, which I'm not very good at. So it'll usually just be things like "Oh my god Kanaya, stand up nice, please," or like, "Seth what are you even doing with your arms?" :doh When I'm making things for them I'll occasionally comment on it to them, I suppose.

11. Ha I do chat to mine occasionally but I chat to myself regularly so no different [emoji14]

12. My doll sits at the corner of my desk. Look at my avatar. So yes, I do chat with her often. I especially chat with her when I want to change her clothes or props ("Chloe, do you want to work on your computer today?" or "Would you like to wear a dress?"). I think I always greet her when I come sit at my desk ("Hi, Gorgeous!"). :)

13. I talk to them all the time. It's better to talk to my dolls because, unlike the walls, they have faces =.= That being said, I also talk to my plants and pets lol

14. Yep. I talk to them. I comment on how something looks or mutter and curse when they are misbehaving (refusing to hold a pose etc...) Some of their characters are so clear in my head I know what they would say back to me if they could too :)

15. I got envy how handsome my boy looks so i was mad at him and like hey how the heck can you look that good and me looking like your headcap and i came back to the reality and my mom was just starring at me and after that i stop talking

16. I think its the normal case when talking to your doll when especially I am making some handmade things to dolls, :) feel weird but they are the same when we are talking to our toys when we are babies :)

17. I actually do, when i dress her up in different clothing and style i often say, "Wow this is perfect for you!:aheartbea", "You look so cute in this!:aheartbea" or "I wish i had that belly like yours". x'D

18. I talk to my girl all the time,she makes me so happy and I find it great my best friend talks to her and about her like she is real. Like the other day after work we stopped by this antique store and seen a few doll beds..one was a baby bed and I had joked about buying it for her. Shiro told me Ami would have a fit,we just laughed and went back to shopping.

19. Of course, Yes! I tell them how lovely they r all the time...and how expensive they r...LOL! :)

20. I tend to talk to everything and everyone, including myself, so I toss comments at them like, "Do something while I dress your sister," and, "Lil, why don't you look at things?"