1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

TALL Minis: What do you think? And would you want one?

Jul 27, 2008

1. Might be a pain to get them clothes, (I have a hard time with dressing a 44cm girl)
      But if the sculpt is really appealing I still might put up with it the added difficulty.

I wouldn't buy it for the size, but rather how much I like the sculpt.

2. I really need a tall mini that would match other company's resin D: My girl character Marcel is supposed to be giant size compared to her girlfriend and everyone else so I really would need about a 50cm T_T Especially girls. But I'll probably end up getting a DZ body if I can cause they're the tallest.

3. As the market is now just about any new size ought to go over well as long as there is clothing to fit it. I tend to make my own, so it wouldn't matter to me. Shoes is another thing. I just got a Min Gus and nothing I have fits her. Poo!

4. That would be AWESOME, I've been thinking recently about how cool it would be if there were a 48cm-52cm mini, for a tall kid or a teenager (or a short adult =P) I can see clothing being somewhat of a problem, but not to those of us who sew our own doll's clothes and certainly not to those who do it professionally, who would probably eagerly rise to the challenge of supplying to those who don't sew at all.

The market is fanning out in all directions - just look at the odd sizes on the opposite ends of the spectrum, from pukipukis and Lati whites to Dollfamily Dawn and Mecha angels, and the in-between ones like Zaoll. It's only a matter of time before a doll in whichever size you're hoping for appears. *waits patiently for a lovely tall mini someday*

5. I always want my girl (AoD Rao) to be a little bit taller so it will be nice if there's a 47cm body available.
      My major concern is the proportion of the body. For example, parabox do have a 47cm girl body but it has a long torso and the legs look relatively short. If any other manufacturer wants to make such "tall minis", please make the legs longer~XP

6. Exactly! I don't want a doll that is the exact same proportions as my other dolls, but taller. I don't want one with a rib cage that is twice the size or something! >< I think that they should make tall, thin, long-legged ones. Like I said earlier-gimme a doll with Hound proportions, for Minis! Otherwise I might as well find a very short SD...

7. clothing could be difficult as they would betoo big for MSD - certainly trouser length and shirt sleeve length and too small for SD clothes, all to long or wide.

I would be interested in dolls between the 45- 55 cm range- I have all sizes too, puki to mecha angel ( well he is on layaway!).

I wonder how many people have trouble with the 55cm obitsu boy and finding clothes for him?

8. Absolutely. I'd be on taller minis like a fly on... well, you know. :| I've been angsting over it for some time, actually.

9. i think they should make them,i mean i want one shorter than my 60cm girl but still like her like a child version of her.like a little kid thats not tiny,i wish they would make those

10. My Kid Delf Ani seems SO long legged to me. I can't imagine a doll the same scale and taller. o.o But I can see if it was a mature mini, like InvisibleWings said, or if the proportions were all just brought up a bit (so it's not just like same body size and way longer legs, because they already have super long legs!). The long legged 1/3 dolls just seem to have freakishly long legs to me!! xD

11. Yeah I know what you mean, as I do have a 55cm obitsu boy, and shopping is a HUGE pain. Essentially, I buy to fit my other dolls (from tiny to Hound), and sometimes get lucky with him, but not really to often (skinny pants for SD girls, slightly over-sized MSD sweaters, bah!). Here's hoping that if/when tall minis appear, the maker will also offer affordable basics, otherwise shopping will be awful...

12. I think that if they made taller slim minis they will need to start calling them something else. Its already hard to find clothes made to fit MSD sized dolls with all the non-MSD sized minis out there.