1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tan/African American/Black BJDs - Discussion!

Dec 14, 2007

1. I pictured her singing Mowtown....! :-D

2. Her face is lovely.

3. I'll admit I've never bothered to look past his thumbnail pic before as that wig and styling wasn't for me. I think he has nice features though and would look great on a taller body. ^^

4. I really like the new Dollmore Model too. Amazing face. Now that they have stated that they will supply a modified, carved teeth part I'd love to see what she would look like with the new part. The Models are gorgeous!

5. I love the new Dollmore model ouo *new here...and greatly amused Janelle Monae is a doll~:)*

6. Anyone have suggestions on where to obtain YOSD sized dark tan or grey doll? I have a non-DOA friend looking and I didn't know where else to ask. My apologies for any intrusion.

7. well, iplehouses BID can be ordered in ebony and/or gray, through their "doll choice"system.at the other end of the spectrum dikadoll has lovely yo-sd size dolls and has dark gray and , i believe, a darker tan color.

8. Impldoll also does a resin choice in the darker tones for their dolls.

I do love the Iplehouse ebony though. I had a YO size, but I wasnt' nuts for the body, I do miss her though, she was an Ezrulie. I recently got an Aaliyah (YID size)in a trade, in the ebony color, she is amazing. I love the color of the resin. It's rich without being too red.
      [​IMG]Sugar Magnolia by stellamaris61, on Flickr

9. She is beautiful. I have always wanted a black BJD but could never manage to get one. I just ordered an ebony (very dark brown) Mika from Mirodolls. I love your girl's face-up, Stella Maris. Did you do it? That's the look I would like- very natural, very beautiful.

10. Aww, thanks for loving her cirquemom, sadly I did not do her faceup, Sugar has her default Iplehouse faceup, and as I am not her first guardian, I have no idea what was ordered. It is very pretty though, and natural looking.

11. I got my Miro Doll Mika. Had wanted her in dark chocolate- not a color they normally offer but I was told that if I ordered ebony and then sent an email requesting dark chocolate they would do it. Well...she arrived today and there is no chocolate there at all! She is black- like a very dark gray- without the warm chocolate undertones. So that was a bit disappointing. But she's still very pretty and I'm really glad to have her. Have not figured out the face-up yet. Took me about 45 minutes of searching to find this thread again!

[​IMG]

12. Sorry about the color of your doll, Cirquemom, but she really is beautiful! There needs to be more African-American/black BJD's! I really love Twigling's Newkiru, but missed out on the preorder with the darker skin. Hopefully, she will be offered in a dark skin tone again. Anyone know of any other must-have SD sized dark-skinned bjds out right now?

13. So I have fallen in love with Iplehouse Benny special edition but there is none to buy :( any suggestions on any darker skin toned dolls around?

14. You can get light brown Iplehouse dolls through their doll choice system during the first half of each month; some months they have their ebony resin available (I believe it is meant to be every 3rd month, it was there in Feb, so maybe next month?). So you can still get a dark toned Benny and they will do the special edition faceup if you ask.

There is also Luts Tan resin - it is a lovely chocolate colour. (A lot of the Luts centaur dolls have a Tan horse body if you're looking for pictures of it). Impldoll will do custom colours.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

15. Oh thanks thats great advice! I looked on the website and it said the Benny special edition was unavailable? which is the dark toned version? Im not as fussed on the tan skin. I really like the very pale white skin or dark skin.

16. actually I see what you mean the tan skin is a lovely warm chocolate colour

Also I will check next month then for the ebony version. Fingers crossed! and thankyou so much ktk8

17. Granado dolls also make a beautiful boy called Chaka, they said they may re release him later this year! :eusa_pray

18. For anyone looking for a mature African man check out Granado's new sculpt Mars on their new Evol body. Their chocolate color is similar to but less red tone than Iplehouse Ebony resin. He is limited so do't miss him if you want him (July 3 to Aug 3 2015).
      I have not seen any indication of a rerelease of Chaka but Mars is similar. Evol is 70cm so taller than Chaka was 68cm or 64cm.

http://doll-granado.com/models/mars

19. OMG he's gorgeous! What color skin tone do you think the one in the pictures is?