1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tan/African American/Black BJDs - Discussion!

Dec 14, 2007

1. I love Goldie, light and dark Cocori, Aaron, Ruru, Ruby, Lishe, Saint, and others. I have so far dark Aaron, Lishe SD and MNF, Linlan, Nabi Kiss, and a vinyl drk Goodreau doll. Cocori is next.

2. There are so not enough tan dolls on the market. Or at least not tan enough dolls. I really wish the BJD hobby represented a greater range of cultures.... so many white dolls. *_*

All I know is somehow I need to get me a tan Souldoll 'spear of dark mist valley' Hye. I am so in love with her in tan.... know anybody who needs to move theirs on to a good new home? :aheartbea

3. how come? o_o
      I went to iplehouse website and find out that only dark skin cocori is available. light skin cocori (normal/sweet) are not even sold out, but *disappeared*.
      Did Iplehouse discontinue them? For good?
      Or will they restock them in future?

aww, i so love her in light skin TT___TT

4. MissStraw, yep.
      They also took down Aaron as well.
      It's really difficult to make the light tans, so they stopped doing them.
      I don't think they're going to make any more tans as basic, according to what I've read of what they've said.
      But they did tell me they won't launch Cocori in NS/WS, so I bought WesternVer, then a month after I get her, they launch NS/WS Cocori :| :roll:

5. I agree, would love to see more tan dolls.
      Have Lt Cocori (secondary market) and would like Ruru and Ruby, have seen a few tan here and there but always sold out. If so popular, you'd think they will produce more.*_*

6. I would like Fairyland to produce tans like they did back in the day. I wish there was just an option to choose a skin color in any mold the way that Bobobie does it.

7. They're there but they were limited dolls. Click here for all the limited dolls including light skin cocori and aron. X3

8. I didn't know they were done in basic. :sweat But I can see why they stopped. It's kind of hard to do that sort of colour that Iplehouse made. I'm still sad because I liked that colour it was so nice and realistic looking.

9. Dollzone tans dolls regularly, so does AOD. Though I've only ever\seen Tanned Yuu XD

I wish Tanning didn't have such a high failure rate. Some of these dolls would look epic if they could be tanned.

10. Ah ok, fair enough ;) :)
      In about May time, the relaunched Lt.Cocori in basic, but she soon went to SOLDOUT, and was taken down last month-ish. Aaron (lt&dk) also disappeared.
      Perhaps(speculation follows;))if they manage to find a more successful resin, perhaps get tips from BBB,(since they do their dolls in a rainbow of colours),they might re-launch their lovely tans in basic again, one day.
      *fingers crossed*

11. I'd read on the iple site that they were just discontinuing the basic tans because they'd reached the rainy season, and were planning on starting back up again later in the year when the conditions are better for producing the tans.

I'm hoping to one day snag an Aaron myself. :)

12. Dollstown is offering most of their sculpts in a Pale and Dark Tan. The Torre sculpts, Elysia, etc could definitely work in a darker resin.

Also Twigling is supposed to be releasing a very beautiful doll called Yilsande through Enchantment Doll.
      She has suggested that in future Yilsande will be offered in a choice of resin colours including light and dark tan and her features are versatile enough that she would look lovely as an African/Carribean/Mixed Race girl.

Yilsande's discussion thread with photos of some prototypes here, just in case you hadn't seen her -

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219020

13. I am thrilled Dollstown has created such a dark tan, now they just need to be willing to make the MSD size and elf parts into those colors and I will be ordering a couple more kids.

14. You can aslo dye a dolls of your choice with rit dye, which is also are more cost effective option.

15. flowergirl, what's the price on her in tan? i've been waiting to see a pic of her.

16. RROSS, the price hasn't been set yet ~ the doll that Flowergirl got was a trade. Hopefully we will know soon though. I'll post an update in the Ylisande discussion thread when there is more info, also probably there will be a News thread when she is available for sale.

17. Flowergirl and of course Twigling, Yilsande looks so amazing in tan.:D

18. Your dark Ylisande looks amazing Flowergirl. I'm so glad you shared. I've been dying to know who got her and if they would share. I can't wait to see more of her. I absolutely love her features. Twigling she's wonderful, congratulations.