1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tan/African American/Black BJDs - Discussion!

Dec 14, 2007

1. I really wish I could have an African doll with actual African features, you know?
      They're always like an ubertan version of the regular dolls....
      :/

2. 58cm? Prefect size as Aaron's close friend...may I see more pic of her? I love tanned skin dolls with more mature body!!!

Cliffy:aheartbea

That would be very cool too~

Thank you very much, dear.

That is a very cool tanned girl!!!!

3. LOL! I think my Soo Ris need to meet up with your Cocoris! :lol:

They just multiply, don't they? :)
      See... I just need a white skin Gentle Soo Ri to complete the set!
      Ns ('06), Ws('06), Tan('06, '07) Soo Ri - Ns('06 body, '07 head), Tan('07) Gentle Soo Ri
      The odd man out is the tan Lion('07). :lol:

My hope is to get a light tan Gentle Cocori for my Tan Soo Ri v.2 boy. :)
      SOME day....
      And a dark tan Aaron...
      And a light tan Aaron...
      and...

4. I can not wait to see a doll that actually looks like me. I love Cocori and I am trying to be as patient as I can for her to arrive (Swan Lake). I have a dark tan Aaron so when they bring out a tan JID I will have to buy her. I hope they bring out a tan female in Akandos size.

5. I have been checking Iplehouse but that lighter Latino Aaron indicated as "sold out"...Have it been gone without my notice so soon? Or it is still pending for sale?

6. Not sure.... we may have to just watch and wait...

7. Hey, it is up for sale now!!!

8. Now DarkCocori is no longer for sale :(

9. I'll need to sell or trade my Spinel now. I thought he was sold out. That's the only reason I settled for Spinel.

10. Hi Cliff!
      Hazy isn't tan but she has a gorgeous creamy color. This is the first batch. I think the second addition of Hazy had a whiter skin tone. My girl is a hybrid. I was lucky enough to snatch her head on DOA and I'm hoping in the future I'll get an original body. :-)

The dress Ru is wearing is an American Model outfit by Robert Tonner. I had to sew her in it. LOL

11. Thank you Callum! Those glorious blue eyes belong to Meee. She did his face.

12. Thank you for your explaination. I meant the 2nd pic with the close up of a tanned skin girl....She is kind of Haze look alike to me. Who is she?

OH...I have no idea that the Tonner's American Model's outfit could do that good....Did you do a big alternation?

Cliffy

13. so you're saying iplehouse could (and repeat it, could XD) release new light tanned cocoris?

Ohhh, I so wish it, she's the only tan SD I wish TT_TT the new tan of Aaron is quite different, but I wish to see Cocori in that skintone *.*

14. I just recieved mine and pics are in the box opening thread. She is darker than the new Aaron it seems.

15. RROSS, your doll collection has me showing all of my friends that abjd makers aren't "racist". That they do have darker skinned dolls and now a co-worker is hoping to score the darker Aaron. She was inspired when she saw your awesomely hot guy.

As for me I'm hoping to somehow dye my Soom Spinel darker and not mess it up. His character's from the Indian subcontinent. Most of my characters are South or Southeast Asian so they have dark skin.

16. Hey, I thought of dying him too and thanks for the compliments. I hope to get more. :)

17. Hi everyone! I am now the lucky owner of 2 dark tan girls. Mellow Cole (arrived 2 weeks ago) and Full set Hip Hop Cocori (arrived last week). Unfortunatly Cocori's previous owner couldn't find her high heel feet and posted her without them also was the hip hop girl supposed to come with a necklace & earings?? 3 little skulls on the necklace & little red skulls on the earings? Still waiting for them to be found and sent on to me.

18. The Tonner American Model clothing fits quite a few of the SD size girls. It doesn't fit the old Elfdoll bodies but works on Iplehouse, Customhouse, Luts, UniDoll, etc. The bust is a bit big but not terribly noticable & the gowns with straps need the straps pulled back as they're too long. I just use a tiny safety pin to pull them into a "V" in the back.

The pants don't fit & neither do some straight skirts. You also have to watch the width of the sleeves as some BJD hands are too big to go through them. I used to collect AMs so have a lot of clothing for them. My resin gang stole everything that fit, including the fur coats. Other than the strap thing, I've never had to do any alterations.

19. Congrats on your new Mellow, I am glad other people see what I see in her. Did you take any pics yet.