1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tan/African American/Black BJDs - Discussion!

Dec 14, 2007

1. On the drop down menu for the makeup if you don't want the Tan makeup you can get the default makeup on the tan skin for Queena and Phillipa. I sure thought about doing that, but another doll may have caught my attention.....

2. Yeah, but the NS/WS default face-up may not really compliment the color of the tan resin very well. Besides I want to see what they look like without face ups.

3. oh, i just found this thread....... i am a huge fan of dark/ethnic dolls, not tan like "california tan" but true dark skin. i am lucky so far to own a beautiful Volks Ruby, and a dark IP Cocori, i also have a dark tan Dollshe Orijean on the way and am in the process of ordering the my special ball joint doll from Nobility, which will be a dark skin beauty. i will probably order one of the DT girls in tan as well some day.

i think these dolls are truly beautiful, and have a place of honor here in the BJD community. i hope to see more in the future, IP will be doing some of the circus characters in tan so weeeeee!

4. Sorry if I've mixed up your words, but you used Nobility Doll's "make your own BJD" thingy? If so what was that like, I mean...how's the process been? I've been curious about it for a long time but I haven't seen anything about it on the forum.

5. no you got it right, Nobility has a " design your own doll" similar to DIM Minimee dolls. you pay for the head/doll like a regular doll (they have a special order page for them) and then you send them either photos by email, or a drawing of an original character, and they will make it for you. they will also do custom face up, wig, and costume of your design as well. the price is quite reasonable IMO, $55 for a head (i think), and the body is $460 (i think) for a standard body, i think they can customize the body as well. white skin and normal skin are included in the price, tan and special colors are $100 more......... a note, the prices listed on the ordering page seem to be a bit different than what they actually quoted me by email.

i am just waiting for some posters that i ordered to be able to send the some good photos, and then i hope to order.

here is a link, with the discussion thread, if you look on page 3, post 42 you can see the one that *Sara* had made, i think she is stunning.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185425

6. Congrats! I love Cocori especially in her darker colors.

Miss Ally

It's so cool to hear you're getting an Orijean (which I can't stop spelling "Origel" for the life of me:?) especially in the dark tan. I wanted light tan for the SA Saint but the Saint's not my doll, it's going to be my boyfriend's and he wants the Freshskin. :sweat. I haven't ordered yet so maybe I can convince him to let me get the tan. *crosses fingers*

...I want a tan Souldoll Killian. Really, really badly.

7. morriscode Sorry I don't have a camera yet as I keep spending the "saving for a camera fund" on my BJD's. Your pics especially were the one's that made up my mind to get a Mellow Cole. I think she is absolutly fabulous! Hoping dollmore will bring out a really dark tan Model Male sometime soon. Also hoping that iplehouse will re-issue Dk Aaron.

8. Thanks for posting these links. I have not been to Souldoll in a while. I am completely smitten with Queena tanned. I am loving this thread.

9. Thanks,

I really just wanted a second opinion. I thought that the price for her is more than fair but with things so tight, financially, I just wanted to be certain!!:)

Oh, I forgot, another question.

I've heard of people actually taking fair skinned BJDs and dying them a darker shde. That idea intrigues me because it would lead to a collection of many varied skin tones.
      Has anyone tried it and what was the results? What method did you use, ritz dye or air brushing?

Okay,
      Every time I hit the submit button I think of another question I should have asked!!:doh
      I saw photos from some time ago of Yilsande and wondered whether she was ever actually made in tan?

10. You can hit the "Edit" button to add more text to your post.

Ylisande is not avaiable in tan yet, she is only just about to come out in normal and white resins. Still waiting to find out if the manufacturers will be able to make the tan colour for us.

Have a look in the Workshop area for information on dyeing dolls and there should be pictures of the results too.

11. I SO WANTED him but my current situation do not allow it!

Do you have pictures of this light tan Aaron to share with me, dear?:aheartbea

Cliff

12. Aw... unfortunately, no. :(
      I've been hankering for the darker skinned one, but they don't come up for sale when I've got the money, and it goes towards other boys. :sweat

13. Augh, I would love a dark Aaron... are they going to produce these again? And if so, anyone know what the price was? Do they cost more than the other Aaron? Too bad he's really the only option for a black male doll that actually looks black. I wish there were more!

14. Does anyone know of a company that makes a tan girl over 60 but lower than 65? >_> I'm trying to find a doll for another OC. She's tan, and needs to be taller than my other girl (58cm), but shorter than my guy(65cm). >_<

I guess I can settle for 60. But I'd really like something in the mid-range. D:

15. Aww, here's also one who wants to have lt. Cocori back. :( I had just decided to buy her (though lt was a _bit_ more expensive than ns) and had the money, when they announsed not to sell her anymore. She had been out of stock before, but there had been the promising text on the site that she would return, but then, no, she wouldn't. Hope she'll come back some day...

She's probably my favorite female doll ever. So beautiful and exotic, I love the lips. I think I'll try to catch one if it comes for sale, though the price must have gone up and there's others wanting her as well, because I can't imagine any other doll to be my character, Maryan.

16. Bluebelle,
      just keep that money for if you see one in the MP - (ofcourse, you only joined this month, and your post count isn't high enough yet, but it soon will be) , or if IH put her back up.
      Have you thought , if you get a 2nd hand one, what year you want?
      The 2007 ones are darker, more olivey. But the 2008 are lighter.
      I have some comparison pics , comparing a 2007 Lt.Cocori with a 2008 Lt.Aaron.
      Good luck :chocoberry

17. callum,
      I have to say I haven't really thought that (Thank you for the mention!) but after some searching I came up with some comparion photos, hope they are the right ones. That Naoise girl looks more like the color I would like to get, Aaron seems too light.

(Yeah, can't wait to see the MP, at the moment I keep hearing what's on sale from a friend of mine.)

18. Thank you so much for help, callum! I thought I'm good with forums, but DoA is so huge and quite different than the ones I use... :whee:

I have asked IH a few times (nicely, like "she so pretty blaablaa, I wish she'll return" or something like that) but they always ignore the question or give an indefinite anwer. T_T;

Well, I'll just wait for the day when I'll hopefully have my own Cocori.

19. *sigh* I'm with you there. The dark skin Cocori is one of my dream dolls--I fell in love with her the moment I saw her, and she's become a beautiful, strong character that I'd love to bring to life someday. ^.^ Perhaps Iplehouse will be wonderful and, once they've got all their Noctarina sculpts under control, they'll start re-releasing popular older sculpts? ... well. You never know.

Speaking of, have any of you found wigs that actually look like real African/African American/Black hair? Not straight or braided, but a texture more like this, or this. So far I haven't seen anything even remotely close (save on this thread, lol!!), though perhaps a tightly curled mohair wig might do it.... where do you guys get your wigs?