1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tan DoT are not worth their price

Jan 19, 2006

1. Remember that I e-mailed DOD about putting a notice on their page about the parting line at tan dolls?
      He answered me a while ago, telling me that since the korean doll owners already knew about that he thought that western comunity knew as well and was sad about making such mistake ^^'
      And, he said he would make the notice, so people would know that ^^

AND HERE WE GO:
      ^^ I hope it'll help all Black DOT owners

Kisses

Cacau

2. you know, I orginally thought tanned dolls were uniform in color throughout. Glad that was cleared up! And she looks lovely. ^^

3. A company can't just 'assume' we know everything about their merchandise. That's why there are directions on things. :3

4. I understand. But they made a mistake, they recognize it, they had problems 'cause of that and so, they learned and won't do this again ^^

5. The Korean doll community is composed of fans. They follow their favorite dolls and companies fanatically (kinda like I do. *^^* )

I think it's nice of the companies to sell to the US - but misunderstandings like this are bound to come up. *^_^*

6. The doll is really quite lovely now that she has her lips repainted.

7. Thank you for DOD's answer, Cacau. On our part, Dorachan never received an answer to her second email where she included a picture of the lips. In the end the whole make-up still needs to be redone and we have been warned. My friend is sad but she thinks she won't order anymore before a while (not to mention that someone else in France received a Yen head with big flaws too).

Anyway, thank you for your concern! I hope this will never happen again ^^;

8. Humans may not be perfect, but when almost $700 is on the line, not to mention $200 in customs fees, they better start trying for perfection really hard.

Switching faceup artists without asking first most certainly IS the company's fault. If I got a $700 doll with that faceup, I can tell you I would be raging mad. The email writer [to DoD] is to be commended for their restraint! When someone is doing that type of artistic work for a company, you better believe they are going to be held to a certain standard; and that standard is going to be higher than the standard for an owner who is doing their first faceup at home, with little artistic experience. This doll "isn't perfect"? I'd say that is the understatement of 2006... and the year is young yet.

Not being explicit about unsanded parting-lines most certainly IS the company's responsibility. If not theirs, whose?

In closing, I am truly sorry the doll did not meet expectations, but am glad the owner shared what happened with the rest of us so that we can make informed choices. I have never been really wild about DoD due to the fact that, as has been mentioned, what you GET and the promo pix seem to sort of.... vary wildly. I will never purchase from these people. Never.

p.s. the new lips look great!

9. Well, as a Tan Shall owner I can say I´m very happy and in love with her. She is my first bjd and I can´t imagine buying another bjd instead of her. People who got the tanned DoTs should realized how special they are, wow, only 7 for international costumers (!), put that on the world scale, it´s like winning the lottery or something like that!!!!

Before she came, I saw some pictures here of the squares on her knees and other parts . I was afraid how it might look, but when I saw then, it was not a big deal, they are so small and so lighter than the squares of the pictures. Clothes and shoes can solve this easy.

When I first read on this thread that Chesca had done the tanned make up, I felt very pleased.Chesca do such a wonderfull work,and it was not different with the make up I received. I do like Sookie´s make up, despite the fact of some of Tan Shall´s lips came with dark stripes. This stripes only apear if you take pics using a very powerfull zoom and with some lights (fluorescents, I think). But her eyeborws , blushing and eyes make up, so well done, I think no one had problems with them, right?
      And make up can always be changed, redone….some day the default make up will fall of the dolls face anyway…

Sookie´s default make up:
      [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About the seamlines, there isn´t in fact something on DoD´s page saying tanned dolls can´t be seamed. I talked with some friends who have bjds , and they warned not to do it. All others tanned bjd have this warning , so I was expecting Tan Dot´s woul´d be the same as them.

Like Cacau said, here in Brazil we had to pay 60%~70% of the real price- but DoD send to me as a free gift…..I hate customs T_T - , so, she was
      much more expensive then others Shall around, but I dind´t thought twice when I picked my El´s fund money to take her of the postal office.

In my opinion, she is worth every cent I spent on her. And if I had to wait another 10 weeks for her, spend money on her once again, I would. She´s just perfect to me, and I´ll never want to sell her or trade for another bjd ^^

10. wow Pixie! your Shall is very beautiful!! :-D her color skin is perfect, i'm so glad you're enjoying her^^ ooh i really want a tanned DOT now u.u

11. wow, that face-up looks dreadful...i would be disappointed in the doll, too, but i don't believe dod was too rude in their response. i haven't finished looking through the thread, so i hope you posted pictures of the doll's other flaws. i've dealt with dod in the past and they've always been wonderful. i guess they're bound to have a few unsatisfied customers, huh? XD

12. That's awful! I am so sorry for all the trouble you had to go through.
      I agree...her lips are, um...well, not as nice as they could be, to politely put it.
      I hope you can get her fixed up!

13. I would have had a fit..I really would have. I'm so, so terribly sorry about your doll. I bought from Luts so I didn't have any problems with my el, but yeef. Like everyone said you can sell her on ebay or get someone to do a face up. I've seen some really awesome face-ups.

14. Kirane's friend has already had her Shall's lips fixed. This thread is from January. :sweat

15. Wow...this thread has been active since January ^^;

In my *honest* opinion, Kirane has every right to be upset. ........and I wont even give reasons not to be. This is an unfortunate experience, and I do realize you made this post not to start a debate...but simply to inform other Tanned Shall owners-to-be that they may not be as happy with the product.

However, there are a few points (that have been expressed before) that do hold true.

Whereby I havent seen any images of the other flaws...the make-up alone is enough to set me off! I have seen other Tanned Shalls, and their makeup was BEAUTIFUL. Then again, my disliking of the face-up received could be a personal taste as well> is it truly bad, just because I dont like it?

As per the lack-of-warning about the seam lines/no sanding....I did not know you couldnt sand them either. I come to this forum alot, but never heard (until DOD actually made a notice to their international customers) that you couldnt. It makes sense as to why, but I myself did not think too much about it. I may or may not have done some research about it prior ordering......but I dont think the owner is at fault either.

These *ARE* limited dolls. If they spent the time to research, they may not have been able to purchase it in time.

In this case, the makeup is nothing like their usually BEAUTIFUL work....and so that much could have been refunded (altho I did see the redone faceup, and its beautiful!!). Keep in mind that these dolls are hand-made. If humans make anything, there needs to be a certain margin for error~

Maybe it will seem like I'm defending DoD...and I probably am. I own a yen, who I received just 2 weeks ago -------- he came to me more or less perfect. I knew about the seamlines not being sanded, but they dont bother me in the least ^^;

DoD is a great company, with beautiful products, and its a shame that your friends purchase had such flaws. If the other rubbings are normal, at least the makeup.

Dod cant control customs taxes. But I do see how paying *that* much extra would have made me even more angry to receive a less-than-desired product.

Response to emails sometimes takes a really long time, or not at all (as I've experienced as well) But i think its depending on what emailing service you use. They actually do reply, just it doesnt send, or at least not all the time. As per their email, where it DOES lack an apology, I believe DoD was very professional in giving explanations, and did not come off as mean.

To say the least, at least DOD has recognized both the difficulties in making the tanned dolls, with the process and delays, as well as their errors. If they only released (i think) 14 of these tanned dolls, then if anything, your friend received something extremely limited. Flaws or not.

But since they have gotten the makeup redone, I hope they are happy with the doll *now* ^_^;

16. Nah, I think someone revived it because I didn't see it on the Larger Dolls Page 1 for awhile.

I was kinda surprised to see it again. Luckily I think everything got worked out eventually... even if it is a shame what the owner had to go through.