1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tan DoT are not worth their price

Jan 19, 2006

1. Well, I guess the word "Scandal" is maybe a bit strong but mind you :

-Not answering to any mails during 10 weeks
      -Not mentioning the parting lines can't be sanded when she bought the doll (it's still NOT written in the description, only Luts warns in its ads that the tanned dolls can't be sanded)
      -Giving the makeup job not to a profesionnal makeup artist but to a seamstress (she is really good as a seamstress yes, but she is NOT a makeup artist...)
      -Forgotting to put the bill in the parcel ( which gave this poor Dora a really hard time and lots of stress)
      -Not mentionning that the headcap might not perfectly suit the head.
      -Not mentionning that there might be lighter marks on the doll

For all those reasons you can understand why she is angry against DoD. It's not to open a debate on "DoD is cool" or "DoD is evil" but to warn you people that the ones who ordered a tanned shall from DoD that they might be disappointed by their dolls. Of course DoD is not responsible of French Customs (but this added to her anger). When you pay such a high price you at least expect a perfect doll, don't you think ?
      I know that many of you love DoD and wants to protect this great doll companie from critiques, but when there's something wrong it has to be said to prevent other problems like the one who happened to her. I'm objective and I'm trying to me honnest with myself.
      The eyes are really lovely, the doll is stunning, but all those bad details I told you above are a bit ruining the love for this doll.

2. I thought the company had a good reply. But your email was a bit cross (though you have some reason, but to get a good answer, you have to submit a good inquiry). I knew about all the problems with tanned dolls, and I dont even have or want one. You really have to do research about a doll before you buy it. If you look at normal skin dolls, they have the "rubs" you explained, but they are not prominant because they are not painted over. They are like raw spots so the tan coat is absorbed differently in that area. I like the style of face-up, but I agree it could have been much better for it being a LE doll. And about customs, that really has nothing to do with the company, and it was quite easy for you to find the informaton out youself since you are a resident of your country, and they reside in a different one. Some people are not satisfied with their dolls, but you cant bad mouth the company because this is your personal feeling towards the doll, to someone else she could be a dream come true kind of doll. They most likely wasted way more than $700.00 USD (they note they ruin several dolls before the final product each time) to bring you the best product they possibly could, though not perfect to your standards, I think you should cut them a little slack.
      I hope you get to re-do your doll in a way you fancy.
      *jen

3. What if you can't see any parting lines on pictures? What if more than ten weeks ago, tanned CP weren't not released and no one had much information on DOT? What if my friend liked this doll enough to trust DOD's so-called description? what if she had already six dolls and wasn't a beginner when she bought Shall? I mean... I certainly don't feel as it's our fault!

We were not happy, indeed. But it's strange too that DOD replies instantly when they have bad feedbacks and ignore their customers during ten weeks when they asked for news.

4. Not answering mails depends.
      My UOL e-mail just recives DOD e-mails sometimes. Sometimes it recives, sometimes it doesn't. It is up with it being a korean e-mail and their server...

Oh, yes, the parting lines are possible to be seen on the promo pics ^^'

Nylh - It is not about DOD being good or evil, I understand. As I said i agree that chesca making the make-up was a mistake. I understand her frustration.
      But I think explaining about the parting lines, etc are something needed so she could understand a little bit more of their answer and the situation. She didn't know the seams couldn't be sanded, it is aways nice telling her right? ^^
      It is not a fight for who is good or evil. Everyone is just explaining and viewing the situation on their own way. ^^
      I'm sorry if I sounded other way.

Kisses

Cacau

5. You know, when she bought her 10 weeks ago the Tanned El hadn't been released, almost nobody knew about how to take care of a tanned doll and if the parting lines where removable, don't forget that point.

6. I hink that if the face-up was paid for, they should refund it. The person who did the face-up was not a professional, and sholdn't have been doing that particular job- *especially* not on a limited doll.

7. If you do get a Narae in Tanning skin color, you can sand her. The colorant in the French resin goes through the resin mixture to the core. It is not an accurate comment that all tanned dolls can't be sanded, as Narin dolls do not have color applied only on the surface.
      Catrina

8. Yes. Ask them about a refund on the face-up. You bought a face-up made by Jemma, not Chesca. I hope you can get it.
      If you don't like the tan doll at all, maybe you could sell her?
      There are many people that want a DOT Tan doll, and already knew about those kind of flaws and were waiting for the second bath that was canceled ^^

9. the color wasn't aplied only on the surface but it dries different on the surface and each layer. I think it is the same to Tan El, Tan Lishe and, I'm not sure, Tan Hound ^^

10. I think they are perfectly in their rights to be angered by the product they recieved. The doll in question in no way resembles the doll advertised and may also have quality issues. It's not a matter of cutting a company slack, it's the company advertising one thing, taking large amounts of money for it, and then sending customers another and the expecting the customers to be happy with this or to just take it in spite of the problems. I know I certainly wouldn't. And just because most of these dolls are ok does not negate her feelings or excuse the fact that one wasn't so ok.

These sort of reviews are important for future doll owners so they can weigh the pros and cons before buying. Every company has cons and we shouldn't be forced to overlook them simply because we want to be nice.

11. I will tell her. She may be interested but I know she has already contact an artist to redo the lips (the eyes are so beautiful... the gap is a total nonsense). She is disappointed by the flaws and by the answer of DOD, but she won't sell. She loves her girl already but... It's just very sad for her >.>

12. OH YEAH Tan Hound! I think that's when many people discovered the difficulties on tan dolls, since on Tensiya's site it said don't sand, it's very difficult to mix the colour/make the doll etc. etc. However, I'm really bad with timelines, so I don't remember if Tanned Hound came out before or after tanned DoTs. Or at least, before or after the DoTs were put on the DoD website (I know there were pics of DoTs before they were on the website). ^_^;; Sorry for butting in XD

13. I'm surprised about the faceup-- usually Chesca does beautiful work. She might be primarily a clothes designer but she's hardly an amateur with face painting.

I'm sorry about the problems your friend is having though.

14. I certainly agree that DoD should have put that warning on their promo page like Luts does. However, I did notice the seam lines on the tanned dolls in DoD's own promo pics. And while tan El wasn't available all those months ago, I knew from reading various threads here on DoA that you couldn't sand a tan doll. (At least, these type of tan dolls. As Catrina said, the resin used for the tan Naraes can be sanded.) That doesn't mean that DoD shouldn't have made that clearer though since not everyone is a member of DoA.

15. Thanks Kim, you got the whole point of this thread.

16. Tanned Hound came before ^^
      At least I think... 'cause I remember lusting over him while I still wanted another doll, not Shall.. and I liked shall as soon as I saw her so... I dunno.

I think the answer from DOD wasn't the sweeeetest thing ever but was professional ^^'
      They explained the problem of the parting lines and that custom wasn't their busininess (and it is not.) they explained why the make-up is this way and it gives you the door to ask the refund at the make-up. 'cause if it was Jemma you got a face-up by Jemma. But if it was Chesca, you paid a face-up by Jemma, by their artist and I think you should ask for a refund on the face-up price.
      But do it when you are calm, be polite and professional, 'cause it makes things easier, or else you'd end up stressing yourself, and stress is not good ^^ you already had too much stress.

17. And, yes, DOD should have writted that parting line can't be sanded on tanned dolls.
      I'll e-mail them about that ^^'

18. This is one of the main reasons I will never buy any Dream of Doll :/ as cute as Twingkey is.
      The actual dolls almost never look as good as they do on their website , you have every right to be angry. Ive seen body pictures of tanned DOD's and the seams are horrible .Most other companies do have seams , just not those little square spots on their body parts, they seem a little too distracting IMHO.

**edited to fix my wording ^_^

19. I second what Krambear said, I have seen Chesca's face up---it is much better than this.
      I understand your frustrations, I think you should ask DoD for a refund on the face up....

20. Jinx, sorry, I know it is not what you mean, but what you said about the tanned dolls might sound a little bit rude to their owners ^^' it is ok to dislike them, and dislike DOD, but saying they are horrible might hurt the people than own a tanned DOD and like them ^^'

---

By the waaay, I e-mailed DOD and requested them to put a message on the notice board warning about not sanding tanned dolls. I'll be waiting for their answer, I hope it'll save a tan dot owner from sanding their dolls. ^^'