1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tan DoT are not worth their price

Jan 19, 2006

1. But according to the pictures of this particular doll, you can see why we assume that she *isn't* a profession face-up artist, right?

I think everyone agrees that this particular doll got a very bad deal on the face-up side, and the company has a reponsibility to sort that out with a refund.

2. I'm sorry you think I'm rude ^_^ But assuming I'm a native English speaker...?

BUT, DOD did actually state their tanned dolls would not be sanded. They did they did they did, just like they did state their normal dolls WOULD be sanded before they changed their minds.

3. I know. ^^ I just got fed up with seeing non-professional faceup artist repeated over and over (in general). A lot of people would give their right arm for a faceup by Chesca, although probably not that one. XD

4. I don't see any need to close this topic, anyone reading can look at your situation, e-mail, and DoD's response and make up their own minds on the matter.

The tanning DOTs is a moot point, as apparently they won't be making anymore.

However, some of the flaws you've described in Tanning Shall are those I noted in Treelore's auction. Beautiful color to the tan, beautiful sculpt, but those marks (that they said were from the separation from the mold) made me cringe. I've never seen anything like that on other tan dolls - and Volks, Custom House, DollShe, Narin Dolls, LeekeWorld, and Cerberus Project are all producing tan dolls. Some of them sand the seams (I hear CP doesn't?) but give very strong warnings that you shouldn't do any additional sanding. It's my opinion that they could have worked out those mold marks with their prototypes.

One thing I highly recommend, when approaching a company with problems in the product, is to be as utterly polite as possible. It helps, and they're more inclined to try and help you in return (such as refunding money for an unsatisfactory face-up). :smile:

5. I'm with you on this Kirane, DoD should have noted that there would be inconsistencies from where the doll left the mold and that they could not be sanded. Regardless of the fact that we already know because eLuts and Tensiya had informed us. When it's something like this you'd think the answers you needed would be right there on the page. Luts and Tensiya could provide them, why not DoD? It's better to assume your audience doesn't know rather that they do exactly because of situations like this. I have a feeling that if Dora had been able to read about these problems on the DoD site before they released the doll she still would have bought her. Then she'd be prepared for it. Instead she was ready for a doll that look like their promo pictures and got something less then desired.

Another thing is that if you can't speak/read english, korean, or japanese that well it's hard to research things completely. Sure there are translators but I know I am at a loss sometimes with Y!J auctions so I imagine it would be the same. But should that also stop you from doing something that you enjoy? No.

About the customs issue, I don't think this is about lowering the value. Nylh mentioned in her reply that they forgot to include the bill in the parcel and so I'm thinking that Dora was overcharged on customs because of that. Kirane, what exactly is the customs issue? (Or did I miss it?)

6. Sorry again, but I have been browsing DoD website and I haven't seen any warning about sanding a tanned doll on the description of the limited tanned DoT ..... Can you point me where you found this information ON their description please?
      Because I really can't find it..... ((maybe because I'm not used to DoD website...))

7. I don't think Reena was rude ^^
      It is internet, sometimes we read things the way the person didn't mean to sound.
      I'm not a native english speaker either, but, hey, what's the matter with that? ^^ I never had problems with this before. Just a few internet fights sometimes...

Hm, well, I think most people agree that the face-up should get a refund.
      Said that, I think you girls should try e-mailing asking for that ^^
      But please, do it when you are calmer or else you'll get stressed ^^'

Good luck

Kisses

8. I'm not sure about the bill, I think they indeed forgot it. But one thing is certain is that they wrote "black shall", not "doll" or "toy" or anything clear.

She was indeed not prepared for the flaws and even if she would still have bought Shall, those are several issues that need to be said on the site - DOA is not almighty and if you can't access it, it's not your fault.

(thank youuuu *hugs*)

(eeeer, I am calm... I'm just answering to different points of view ^^; )

9. I think they took it off.
      I'm sure I've seen it on the description. It was even on that damn discussion of parting lines that made me stressed for a whole week, i remember!!!! XD
      And it was on the full sets that they'd be sanded.
      By the way, fullset dolls ARE being sanded....

Still... I can't find it now.
      I might be confusing with something else... maybe a message at cyworld. I dunno, I'm not sure, but I'm might be confusing.

10. This is something that we could all do to remeber. Just because most of us spend a lot of time on DoA, this is by no means the only doll forum around and the information here is not accessable to everyone. :smile:

11. I'm glad this thread is here. This is the kind of thing I like to know about, that's actually pretty important, and I really hope others can see that as well.
      I'm sorry the OP (or OP's friend) went through this. As said, customs are not DOD's fault, although it does suck. prominent seamlines/inability to sand I would have expected myself, but they probably should have stated it for those who wouldn't expect it. And yes, there is no excuse for that faceup, whether or not chesca is usually a good faceup artist (I wouldn't know). A paid company faceup should be better than that, or at least come close to advertised pictures. They know what looks good, and that doesn't measure up, whether or not the buyer thinks he/she can do better or not. I would push for a refund on the faceup. I don't think DOD was exactly rude or scandalous, but they should have apologized.
      There are some matters that should be, and have been, excused. But the rest should not be overlooked just because the company is usually nice or does a lot of good things for people. Specifics!

12. kirane - Please, don't feel bad for posting this ^^ There is no reason to this post to get deleted or locked, IMHO.
      She didn't expect the seams, but it is a normal thing and yes, it was wrong to not be listed under the discription. They did expect people to know or see in the pictures, and they shouldn't. It was business mistake, I'm sure they'll learn with this mistake. You have the right to be upset. - The shipping... well... to me customs is not their fault, and I don't change my opinion about it. And the face-up, ask politely for a refund ^^, you expected another person to be making her face-up, Jemma, and you didn't get the make-up you asked for.

Sorry about anything

Kisses

13. wow, this is a shame! I'd be upset if I got the doll with that faceup. That I would.

However, none of the tans should be sanded. The only company that sands and touchs up the parting lines is Volks.....and the last time I had a doll sanded by them it was about $125, and it was a natural resin colour.

My tan CH has relatively no parting lines....very good cast, to say the least.
      My SoulDoll and AR have a few small parting lines, but they aren't bad. And I will not sand them.

Anu warned not to sand the dolls for the Tensiya tans.....

I don't care what company makes the tan, don't sand it. There are colour variations in the resin. As for the French resin....well, SoulDoll's first tans were that very resin, and the colour was through out...but they warned NOT to sand.

The marks on the doll's butt are the gating marks....and I'd guess that's what's on her heels, too. Funny I've never found the gating marks on any of my dolls.....but they have to be gated. O.o

14. Kirane : you have reason to defend you ... poor you are... ma pauvre je te plainds... maintenant c'est toujours le vendeur qui a raison ! je viens d'en faire les frais aussi ! I encourage you ! !

15. I can just affirm that Chesca is indeed VERY famous in Japan, even if she didn't do her best effort on this doll. When I first saw them, the #1 thing that impressed me was that they'd got Chesca involved. Until I read this thread, I felt having Chesca onboard gave credibility to the company. I wonder if she was rushed due to the manufacturing delays. (Or is it Jemma after all?!)

I do think their response was very rude. You sent them an angry but civil letter, and they replied in kind. IMO, this is not acceptable because you are a paying customer and they have a responsibility to you that you (or your friend) do not have to them. If they use this tone with their Japanese customers, they will lose them.

And I'm annoyed that they point out the high price this doll is going for on auction in Japan, because I seriously doubt the Japanese buyers have access to any more info than your friend did. It seems like with Korean companies, it's Korea first, then English-speaking countries, then Japan. Whoever bid high on the auction is also taking a leap of faith because of Chesca. It's too annoying!

16. Even if Chesca is a very famous person, they actually state in the letter that she was the seamstress, not the face-up artist that was meant to be involved. And no matter who she is- there's no way they can expect someone to pay for this face-up when it is so far below the standards of the promotional pictures. If they *do* expect people to be happy with this, then it's as bad a false advertising.

I know this may sound harsh, but I'm not suggesting in any ay that *all* their dolls are like this. Like I've said before, I think this a tagic one off- bt the way they are dealing with it is making it worse than it needs to be.

17. mm i like the lips..

18. this make up is awful ! the LIPS is the worst i have seen in my life ... my child can do better... ¤__________________________________¤

19. I think they should refund for the faceup. SOrta the problem I am having with Luts...they should refund me the cost of shipping something that I've been waiting almost 2 months on and added to another order because of the long wait. Mike shipped quickly with makeup...I expected the same with thise order.

20. eeh- that's not good. I agree, they should do some kind of compensation for you on that. Mind you, I've never had an agressive e-mail from Luts, so maybe it'll turn out OK? I hope it does.... ^_-