1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tan DoT are not worth their price

Jan 19, 2006

1. thing is, I asked...and nothing. maybe I will get credit? I dunno...almost don't even want the Ttori anymore.

2. That's a real shame- he's such a lovely doll....

when I ordered Mikos, luts messed up my order and didn't include on of the items. I told them about it, and it took a while for them to get back to me, but when they did, Doogi assured me I'd get back the cost of the item as a credit... and I did. So with any luck, once they get back to you, you will too.

How long ago did you e-mail them?

3. Tuesday.

We will send together your orders items at this week.

Please wait for moment. I'm really so sorry about delayed your orders(Make-Up SHIWOO)

Thanks for your patience.

Our Make-Up orders are pile up now.

We will try to send your 4 orders items to you at this week.

Thanks for your understanding.

And here's what I asked. "I was curious since I paid for shipping for this order and it has not shipped yet due to being combined with orders 20051218-762, 20051218-770, and 20051219-886, if I may use that money to purchase something else? If not, could I get that back? "

4. Eugh.... I want to say that maybe Doogi didn't understand you quite right- I had a hell of a time trying to find out if I could have the sleeping ead from a Yder Secial attatched to the doll instead of the regular one.... I dunno... if it doesn't come back to you as a credit once it's been shipped, I'd ask them again.

5. Alright. Sorry to pull it off topic.

6. I don't think anyone will mind- its a similar problem..... and let us know how it goes, ne?

7. I agree. You don't like the doll so get rid of it by making some other person pay a high quality price for a low quality doll? That wasn't a good thing for them to say.

At first I read this and thought "how bad can it be, you can't be picky with tan dolls they are hard to make". But that faceup is just ridiculous. If the company is becoming so busy that they can't promise good quality of their dolls, then they should definately slow it down. 10 weeks for a reply is too long. That would drive me NUTS. They should have had a decent time amount between selling the regulars and the limiteds. Companies, please don't rush making $600 dolls.

8. Gosh, I haven't found that to be the case -- I have a pair of DODs and I *love* their face-ups, and found them to be even nicer dolls in person than on the site.

I agree, though, that the face-up pictured simply isn't up to DOD's usual standards.

Kirane, I'm sorry that your friend was disappointed with her Shall -- I hope that they're willing to refund her for the face-up since it's so dissimilar to the one pictured as the default style.

-- Andi <3

9. At first when I was reading the letters my reaction was that the owner must have been over reacting...I've seen Chesca's previous works, and I thought they were fabulous...but then I got down to the pictures and my jaw pretty much fell off.

I hope the owner can love this doll, regardless of the quality...

10. Welll . . . no, it's clear that they're using a different material or different methods. I have no doubt that each company keeps its "secret formula" and techniques confidential -- Narindoll's sandable tan resin is supposed to be pretty revolutionary, that doesn't mean that Volks, or Dollshe, or DOD, or any of the other companies making tan dolls are using "poor quality" materials, just that they're not using the same proprietary resin-coloring technique.

Accusations of "poor quality" are really easy to make, but are probably more than a little inflammatory. This may be why you're getting what you perceive to be a "defensive" response.

Heh, if someone figures out just how to get deeply-colored sandable resin and is willing to share, I'm curious, too, since I want to cast black Mau's!! *grin*

-- Andi :)

11. I'm the one that bought Treelore's Tan Shall from eBay. And here is a photo of her faceup, which I find quite superior to the one your friend got:
      [​IMG]
      Before I bought this Shall I was talking to someone about buying a Tan Shall purchased on Y!J, and here is her picture:
      [​IMG]

Maybe your friend's Shall is just a mistake? I would definitely ask for a refund for the faceup. >.<

12. Plum, those two look totally differnt than the one that's first shown here. Definately a refund is in order.

13. Right - mine looks completely different than the first one. I'm glad I'm getting mine!

The first person's friend needs a refund, definitely, and I hope everything gets worked out. Perhaps if you sent DoD a pic of mine and a pic of yours, they might take the head back and give you a similar result?

14. agreed. I don't think you can generalise about all DODs inthat way. Though I can see why she might say that as they can be a lot harder to photography than some other dolls. but in person they're really beautiful!

I think you should try and get a refund on the faceup however, as most tans have got stunning makeup on them (in my opinion).

15. Narindoll uses a French resin, don't they? Catrina's definitely the person to ask about that but as Ashbet pointed out, I seriously doubt the company's going to spill their secrets when this is a competitive market.

Seeing Plum's tan Shall really drives home the fact that a refund is in order. The difference is so stark, it's almost as if two different people did it. (Or the Shall pictured at the beginning of this thread was just really, really rushed...)

16. I think this sinches it. I was unable for many reasons to get a tan Camine and have regretted it- but was looking forward to an eventual tan Shiwoo. After reading this, with all the other reviews and examining the photos others have uploaded, I'm certain this isn't the doll for me, and I don't think I'll be looking at any DoDs for a while.

I really apreciate this heads up! I'm so sorry your friend had such issues!

17. I hope the whole company is not seen as bad because of one screwed up doll - yes, that doll is definitely not right, but I hope the other beautiful tans are proof that not ALL DoTs are crummy. :(

This may however be the reason that they discontinued the tans, and only 14 were released worldwide. Maybe they are just too hard not to screw up. :/ Of course, that face is inexcusable.

18. agreed. DODs are usually wonderful, and it's very rare to find ones with faults in them.

People seem to be reacting very harshly towards this going "Oh now I'll never buy from DOD!!! etc etc" and while that's fine if that's what you want, you shouldn't be put of every single DOD doll just because of this. Sure, the makeup is bad. but most people had no problems with their dolls. I hope that this issue can be resolved for the good of everyone. =)

19. OMG those lips look so gothic.... :D :D let me know if u wanna sell, i like that look :D

sorry but i think the general consensus is that dun sand ur tanned dolls as it will result in bad skin tonning... [i lied i tried it on one small part of my doll and it looked........ :(]

oh well back onto topic... i think DoD reply was expected... i mean sorry to sound mean but i think the reply is quite nice... i mean if u dun love the doll when u get it its best to sell it off?? ah well dun mind me :D

20. If i were them I would let your friend send her doll back.
      Thats just horrible, and I can't beleive that they would have such low production standards.
      Uhg I dont think that I will be buying a doll from them, they were very rude and having to waste many dolls to make one is not an okay excuse to make the one doll that you do produce a peice of poop!
      I have seen their dolls befor, and I was very impressed but if this is how they handle customers they had better come out with somthing great if they want me to buy stuff from them and even that I am now rethinking.