1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Teeny Gem?

Jul 11, 2007

1. Prices are up and it's ............ 283 US$. Not bad. You even get a choice in the ears : mouse, cat or squirrel ears :D

2. I splurged and put in an order for Mint. Unfortunately, I had a problem with the webform, so I'm waiting on an email back from Dollsoom confirming the order and letting me know where to send payment. :sweat
      I'm so excited though!!!! Eeee, the little ears totally make me squeal. :)

3. Teeny Gems are adorable! I really like Mint. The shape of her face and her little clothes are so sweet! I have to pass on her, though. I only have room for one more doll and that's going to be an Elf Uyoo. :D

Soom's original announcement made it seem like all 3 pairs of ears came with the teenies. It's disappointing to hear that you only get one pair; for $283, I would expect all three pairs. Are any outfits up for them yet? I can't visit Soom's webpage from work because it's banned (along with Iplehouse, Luts, Dollmore, etc. I think they just banned everyone in Korea! :doh).

4. they do come with the three pairs

* including :
      - assembled Teenie gem
      - three pairs of animal ears parts (cat, bear and squirrel)
      - 14mm SOOM eyes(random color)
      - a wig(random)
      - manual & certificate of authenticity

it says AND not OR
      that and there is no menu option for only 1 set, so you do get all three sets

5. It looks like they currently have the outfits in which they are pictured (the overalls and the little cat tee-shirt set) for $30 each, plus the lucky first 10 people to order each doll get the yellow raincoat set. I'm sure I missed out on the raincoat because I didn't order until several hours after they went on sale...
      I'm quite new to tinies so not completely sure of the size comparisons. If these little ones are 28cm tall, how does that compare with the YoSds? Do you think Yo clothes will fit these?

EDIT: Looking at the tiny size chart post, these are actually a mite taller than yos, but only by 2cm! I hoping they can share clothing, it looks likely!

6. I totally love Mint she is soo cute I actually heard about these guys on another we forum like this one thats Spanish. I just love her soo much she is soo cute! Unfortunately as of right now I do not have the money to get her. Even though she is not really as expensive as I thought she was going to be.
      Hopefully I will be able to save up for her and get her in a while, misa1 I was wondering if I could add you to my friends list so that when you get your Mint you could show her to me in pictures. I would love to see what she looks like and all that, if you don't mind that is.

7. That was EXACTLY my first thoughts lol

8. I was just browsing around on Soom's Q&A board and found an unlocked question someone posted about their ears. According to Soom's answer, the ears are magnetic!:D I'm really excited about that! For some reason, I thought they might be pegs that fit into holes on the head and that little holes would have to be made in the wigs. With magnets, you could even make them other, different ears from sculpty or apoxie-sculpt! Or you could make antennae or horns! :whee: I am ridiculously excited now. :sweat :lol:

9. Thanks for the great info! I thought too, the ears would be on pegs. . .but MAGNETIC. . .creativity abounding!!! Wow! That will mean we can turn the ears for additional expression, too, like dogs/cats. Oooo, some more!!!

Soom shipped my Mint today. Won't be long 'til I'll know if those are teeth or flash highlights. Cute kids!

10. will be nice to see them in person
      Im not tempted ...not yet.. Pepper looks cute

but I would want to see more of the body
      if he has a jointed torso ...and is he anatomically correct

I do wish they would show more pictures of the body and hands and feet

11. I'm with tinybear on this one -- very curious to see if their anatomically correct!

12. YAY! I'm happy someone else ordered one. My girl shipped today too. I'm on pins and needles here because I have a doll-meet on the 5th. I would so love for her to make it in time for that.

I would guess they are anatomically correct, only because if they're not, then what's the difference between them? It appears that they have the same facial sculpt. At first I thought Pepper's face was a little fuller, but looking at all of the pics side by side, I think they're the same. If the facial sculpt is the same, and they aren't anatomically correct, then the only difference between pepper and mint would be the wig I guess (and maybe a slightly different face-up, if you request a face-up?). That would be disappointing. I guess we'll have to wait until someone orders a pepper to be sure...:roll:

13. The posing, looks like it's going to be really good, judging from the joints we see positioned. Did anybody who's watching order a Pepper? It does seem like the kids ought to be correct. . . or yes. .. just a wig difference??? Surely Soom didn't do that?!

14. OH MY GOSH!!!
      I really really want a yoSD size and finally found them!!! oh my gawd...!!!
      I tought I'd never find a yoSD size mold that I wanttt >.<

I want that Pepper boy soooo badly...T_T

15. :fangirl: :fangirl: :fangirl:
      My girl just arrived! I have to go to church right now, but I'll post photos this evening.
      To answer our questions:
      She is anatomically correct. The posing is exceptional, she has a jointed waist, and a rotational joint at the top of her thigh which allows her to either sit suwarrico style, or cross-legged! :ablink:
      The only thing I'm not sure of on mine are her eyes. The eyes were random, and my girl has very very pale grey or lavender eyes. I'm not sure whether I like them, but it's hard to tell because I haven't done her face-up. Maybe they'll look good once that is finished. I got the raincoat set too, despite not having placed my order until awhile after they went on sale.

She does have little teeth. :lol:

16. Can't wait to see her!

17. Ok, I posted my arrival pics, both pre face-up and after.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2196328#post2196328

She is extremely cute, but I was a little surprised by her profile which is why I included one photo of her from the side. She's got quite a little nose on her! :lol: Her posibility is impressive right out of the box. I'm still lukewarm at best on the eyes. I think she'd look better with darker eyes, plus the ones included with her are Soom's soft silicone eyes. They look lovely, but attract dust like crazy. I've already had to wipe them a few times, and even the residue from the eye putty will make them cloudy if you accidentally touch the eye lens after handling the putty. That's a very minor beef though, at least she came with eyes! :)

18. Ok, in the interest of taking the bull by the horns....:(

I've received a PM from a concerned member that Mint/Pepper's body, specifically the torso, looks uncomfortably close to the Volks YoSD body. I have agree to take more naked photos of my girl tonight, from various angles, so that a better comparison can be made.

I am extremely upset about this possibility, but looking at the Yo photos in the comparison thread I agree they do look close. Obviously, if this turns out to be true, then Mint/Pepper will be verboten on DoA. :( :( :( I guess we'll keep you posted.

EDITED TO ADD: I should mention that I have no YoSDs here myself, so unfortunately I can't compare her side by side with one.

19. Congrats! Your Mint is so sweet and you did a really nice job on her faceup. She's looks like she's going to be lots of fun. I just ordered mine yesterday, not realizing Soom is on holiday. Oh well, more time to get her some clothes, I guess.

Kathi