1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tenshi no Sumika LA limited edition dolls

Oct 29, 2005

1. hehehe... yeah, I demand that everyone take copious amounts of pictures. XD

Are they even going to use the site? I would have thought they wouldn't be selling from there. And if it goes by how they do it in Japan... Japanese customers didn't get an online opportunity, only overseas buyers.

2. I was pretty sure that Volks originally mentioned an online preorder for those US residents that couldn't make it to the event itself.

3. Oh, I didn't even think of that... I guess that's probably just a Dolpa after-event thing, yeah. T_T; Just trying to figure out something in case I decide I need to spring for it.

I'm totally freaking out here. Blaaaargh. :barf

I don't even know who out of my friends is going anymore. Maybe I should start begging for someone to play shopping service on the marketplace. ^^;

Oh, this is so bad, so bad. Volks, why must you torment me so? *siiiiigh*

Edit:

Oh, so I'm not just totally losing my mind, then? Oh please oh please. Volks, I love you. Please do not forsake me.

~Kalmia

4. I'm safe. Nobody I can't live without, since it's almost all girls. XP If it weren't Sweet Dreams Lucas, maybe I'd be vaguely tempted, but I swore off dreaming/sleeping dolls after Rynn's Kyo hated me so much I sold him. XP

Though it's nice to hear that there will indeed be Dollfies, since some people wondered about that. No more paying more for shipping than you did for the doll! :lol:

5. You know I was just looking at the site and it says that on the 19th it's open to supper dollfie owners only and then it's open to everyone on the 20th. Does this mean that if you don't own an SD you won't be able to purchase the exclusives or get into the store untill the following day?

I hope not, cause i'm making arrangements to be up there on the 19th.

Christal

6. Oh dear O_O Those three are my favorite girls after Jun so I'm going to be in SO much trouble if I can't resist them. They're so pretty!!!

7. This is such wonderful news!! :D

I severely doubt I'll be able to go to the grand opening, but just knowing it's there is a great comfort. :grin:

Hmmm... Out of all of the dolls there, I like the Anais one the best. Maybe it won't be so hard to find her then! :daisy

I'm so glad they will have 1/6 dolls there too! After I order my FCS doll, I want to make her a Dollfie Plus so she can have her own "Super Dollfie". :chibi

I just had a funny thought. You know how Americans will go to Japan just to go to the Super Dollfie events and buy limited dolls? Do you think that Japanese people will come to the LA opening just to buy OUR limiteds? It would be so funny to see them on Yahoo Japan Auctions afterwards! :lol:

8. You know, I have never really been fond of Liz's head sculpt before... but as Mai, she is really quite pretty!! :chibi

9. I have managed to avoid getting Liz so far... now this. She's beautiful! So are Anais and Modoka!

10. Cammy: No, it wouldn't be funny, it'd be as annoying as when the JP limiteds end up on Y!J... Because it means that some scalper got it and someone who really wanted it didn't. >:-/

11. Eeps! :o Well..... I'm sure that whoever they sell it to will love them. :grin: Sometimes it's the only way people from far away can find their dream doll. :daisy

I just thought it would be an interesting switcheroo. :grin:

Edit: I hope there will be enough for everyone. :daisy

12. Wow. :o I must say, I was only expecting a single doll for the opening, like Sakaki. Nothing like this!

I am very tempted by Madoka, I've always liked the idea of a Madoka boy but never considered it due to price. But I can't go to the opening, and I bet she'll be nearly impossible to get online. :(

I'm still glad Volks is releasing them, though!

13. I'm afraid to ask this question , but what price range are the limited dolls usually? Madoka is one of my dream dolls...sigh...

14. I think you can reasonably expect to pay $900 - $1000 for the LE's. It would be nice if they were a little less - and it's possible they may be a little more. Kimono aren't inexpensive (Volks has sold similar ones for around $150), and the blonde wig Mai is wearing retails for about $75 by itself.

15. wahh I wanna go so bad, a new anais @_@ seems kinda weird to re-release a doll 3 times, but whateva, I love anais! wheee fly me to LA :chibi

16. It's actually happened a few times! Lucas, Chris, Cecile, and Sweet Dreams Nono have seen 3 releases each... and Michael has been released an unprecedented 5 (!) times.

This Anais is my favorite, I think. She's so pretty. Uwaaaa. *sparkly teary eyes* ;w;

~Kalmia

17. So. Amazing.

OMG.

The most beautiful girls in the world! Now, if one of them were only snow skin... drats!

And FCS! And... and...

Looks like 19th is for owner's club only? And open to the public on the 20th.

18. Aw I'm kinda sad that they're having a private opening for club members. I was hoping to purchase my volks boy in person. Well frankly I am quite releaved. Nothing I can't live without. Would have been in huge amounts of trouble if Tsukasa was reissued :D

19. well this is just f...ing great :evil: All my doll plans have just gone to crap! Madoka, my dream doll *sigh* now I'm desperately trying to scrape together the money, curses!!!!