1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tenshi no Sumika LA limited edition dolls

Oct 29, 2005

1. I hope i can get anais !!!My money is ready for Anais!!!!!!!

2. Will they be selling them on their website, or just for people going to the store?

4. Okay, yeah, money for Madoka is ready and waiting. *dies*

5. Ah, thank you Valentine. :oops: I'm sorry, I missed that.

6. Could I kick myself any harder for being on my last payment for a Liz when I could have gotten a Mia!?! Ouch! I'm wondering what happened to the links that I guess were posted earlier in this thread, because they are down now. If anyone saved the pics of Mia/Liz, could you please PM them to me, so that I can kick myself even more? :( :x :crushed

7. WOW! Madoka, Anais... WOW! Everything many people here wished.

8. I really love this Madoka. I don't have any plans to get her, I know it would never happen, but she is so lovely. Liz is beautiful too. Good luck to all those of you who want to buy them, I hope you get them and post lots of pictures in the Galley so I can drool over them.

9. isn't it suuuper hard to order one through volks site?
      I hear someone stayed up all night for the right moment.
      oh!! the idea is stressing me right now but I want madoka so bad!!!!
      could anyone share their experience?

EDIT: sorry I've gone through all the replies of this thread but let me get this
      straight. so the sale will be both on online (presale) and on the opening of the
      shop (20th?)

10. I wonder if the online thing will be for US residents only? ;_; I hope they don't give up selling to the rest of the international market!

Also, I'm wondering - why have they changed the names of the dolls? I mean, everyone seems to know who they are anyway, so why re-name them... they didn't do that at the opening of the Sumika in Korea, did they?

11. Actually, I think they did. Didn't they change "Chris" to "Kai" for the Korean opening, but it was still the same doll in different clothes?

12. Yes, Kai was Chris. That occurred to me too when I was wondering about the name-changing.

13. Suddenly, a horrendous thought that I think everyone should be aware of....

IF the limited dolls are like, on sale during opening instead of online.... We might be subjected to the 8.25% sales tax!!!!!! :cry:

Torrence will love Volks very, very much..... :|

14. I think they will be both in the store and online, like with After Parties.
      ...CA Sales tax sucks. Luckily I am used to it (paid $20 tax on my iPod mini, joy).

15. I emailed Volks and asked...
      Is the reason they gave me a different answer due to the fact I'm located outside of the US?

'Thank you for your e-mail.
      You can go to Tenshi-no-Sumika in LA on Nov.20.and get the limited
      editions there. Please see the details on our web site.
      Please be advised we are not planning an on-line-release at the moment.

If you have any further inquires please feel free to contact us.'

-bleakly-

16. Re: sales tax

Considering that an SD/SD13 size doll from Volks costs around $90-$100 to ship from Japan, think of that sales tax as a similar form of punishment.:barf The difference in this case is you get instant gratification. If they do open up online sales and you live out of state, you'll be saving on taxes and pay only domestic shipping rates, which is the best situation to be in, cost-wise.

17. PRICE IS UP! PRICE IS UP!!!! :grin:

18. $800.00 for a "traditional" Madoka, geta feet and all.

Wow. I wonder how many they're releasing?

19. I hope a lot! :grin: Now I just wish they will give us the prices of the other LEs!

Has anybody got their invitation email yet? ><