1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tenshi no Sumika LA limited edition dolls

Oct 29, 2005

1. Sorry for posting twice, but....

"Only one item per person"

WHAT?! O_O So like, I can only buy Mai, not Mai AND Shizu?! :cry:

2. That's what it sounds like.
      :|
      Michelle

3. *cries*

Well I am bringing a friend so I can get 2?

4. Problem is, you have to get a LOTTERY to get admission before you can buy them. This is worst than Dolpa! ><

5. Well, since I scheduled around the opening being the 19th as was announced and not the 20th, I guess I'm out of luck as far as getting an LE as they won't actually be on sale until the 20th (nor will anything, it looks like). That's pretty disappointing. Good thing I wasn't in love with any of them. Amusingly enough, on the website the header still says Tenshi-no-Sumika opening on the 19th.

Makes me wonder if it even be worthwhile for me to go. I guess it's going to depend on the time and what's being offered for the Reception (and if I can figure out something for my friend to do while I'm there, since I can't bring her in). :(

On the 20th, if you're not buying a LE, can you just go in? Or do you have to wait for the whole lottery for admission thing?

6. I'm still haunting the website to see if they will really have any of the other dolls they mention.....
      I actually bought eyes last night for a Toppi I may never have.
      :cry:
      Michelle

7. I'm doing that as well, though I must go to sleep now..... I emailed Volks asking for clarification on the whole "one item per person" line because I sincerely wish they're not gonna do that..... :( Because that is just cruel. T_T Even Dolpa is more lenient that those who won get to buy one doll of every kind. T_T

Can we talk to Volks about this? I mean, I'm really devastated to think there is a possible chance I cannot get Toppi or Mai or both of them..... And I'm sure many people are just as devastated as I am. :cry: Will they listeN? T_T

8. Don't they usually say that meaning one doll edition per person? Like, you can only get one of each. No three Madokas. That has always been their policy, at least for awhile in order to discourage scalpers...

9. From what I heard my Japanese friend always said it was ONE TYPE of doll per person at dolpa's

:grin:

10. I like the one limited per person rule. It should cut down on scalpers.
      So what if you can't get the two dolls you want? In a general-world-karma-view, it's better two people get one they love, than one person gets two. :daisy

11. I just read that you can't bring your S.O. to the owners tea part at the mansion. :(

Um. Yeah.

12. That's very true. :grin: Good insight. :daisy

13. Can Mr. Kallisti register one of your dolls instead and be part of the owners club?

14. Wow, three lovely ladies. Volks is just killing me with these new limiteds. I would love to have any one of them. And I really like the traditional outfits too. I sincerely doubt that I will be able to travel to CA for the event though. And I am beginning to wonder if acquiring dolls from Volks will be more difficult than ever for those of us who live in North America but can't go to CA? But I'm not giving up hope yet since there is so much that we still don't know about how they plan to handle things. Only time well tell I guess. I sure would hate to make the trip all of the way out there for the opening though and then not even be able to get in line for one of the limited dolls. I remember some of the stories from the Dollpas in Japan where people waited in line all day and still couldn't get their dream doll. :( I would hate to see that happen here too.

15. It's nice that it looks like Volks will give people a CHANCE to get the ONE doll they want.

What's wrong with that? You know, some people are finally waiting for their chance to get one doll, at a Volks store, in the flesh. Insteead, people are getting upset that they can't get a truckload?

I really hope everyone has a chance at ONE then, if any are left, a chance at more.

16. Some of us are trying to get one for ourselves and another for someone who can't make it to the opening. So it would be nice if we could do that. I think maybe 1 of each doll. But we will have to wait and see...

17. I go away for a few days and Zoukie remolds my dreams. I am content. ANAIS!! *spasms and dies*

To work with me! :D

Some of the other limited are listed below like Lucas Sweetdream. O__o;
      Does that mean what I think it means?

18. Huh. Yeah, I'd like clarification on the one-per-edition, or one-per-person thing. I was asked to be a distance purchaser, and I'm also interested in getting a gal for myself. If there is money left over, a Toppi would bring me great cheer, but I'm also perfectly happy with one. Hell, I'd even be happy with none: the dolls I have are pretty rad.

That is a bummer about the SO issue. For me, that's a deal breaker. I know this is a lame excuse, but I like to have someone to ground me in situations where I'm meeting many new people all at once. I'm a wee shy. On the other hand, I can hear a collective sigh of relief from all of the SOs who'd rather be doing something else than looking at luxury dolls. I also wonder how that rule works if you're, say, a disabled person travelling with a companion. Likewise, if you're a minor travelling with an adult. Generally, stateside events don't take kindly to people under 18 travelling without an adult, no matter how mature they may be. It's a liability concern.

19. I have no plans to get any dolls at the opening, so if someone who cannot make it to the opening needs help getting one of the limiteds, I might be able to help out! Just send me a message.

20. PM'd you!! :D