1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tenshi no Sumika LA limited edition dolls

Oct 29, 2005

1. This worries me greatly. :( I really want to try and get Madoka, though now I wonder if there'll be a chance to get them online even for people in the US! Heck, I'm near San Fransisco, and I'd even make the trip to LA if I knew for sure I could buy a Madoka at the opening. But it looks like it will be lottery, and I don't want to waste the $$ for travel on a chance. I think I'll email Volks and ask if there will be an online event for people in the US.

2. Ha! They just listed the remainder of my dolls. I have none left. Teehee. Not sure if that would be kosher anyway. :cow

3. Please keep in mind that even in Japan most of the LE's are lotteried this way at the Dolpas! I don't think it is ever a sure thing for anyone no matter where the LE are being sold.

Sometimes it is a lottery to get a voucher and then one must wait months for your doll. At least it seems as they are planning to have the dolls on hand once you receive the lottery.

Volks doesn't mass produce these dolls, and they do their best to make sure as many people as possible have a fair chance at getting one. :daisy

4. Actually, it sounded from the description like the lottery determined the order that people would be entering the store? So of course the sooner you get in, the better the chance of getting the doll(s) you want, but I guess it really depends on the quantaties of each.

5. zomg. fcs.

That's what i'm looking for! I can't go to the opening, but is there a way to phone in an FCS order and pick it up in person.. or would i have to make the order in person and not get to watch the ceremony for the FCS? ;_;

I don't think i could afford TWO trips ot LA AND an FCS. I wonder if they have the FCS prices listed anywhere for US residents?

6. I don't think you can call in orders. Volks likes having you there in the store while you create your unique doll. :grin:

7. mou. then i might have to be content with having him shipped to me and just making my trip to LA to order him and get him clothes.. or something. ;________;

8. *Pats your back* There, there. I'm gonna have to do the same thing. :daisy

9. Yeah, I don't think Volks will ever let you phone in FCS, it's sort of why they won't let you do FCS on-line, it's a very personal process. Especially since one of the options is custom make-up. ^^

In Japan at least, for an additional 1000 yen, they will ship your doll to you. Usually if you want an Omukae ceremony you then need to schedule it ahead of time.

Personally, the ceremony is not something I feel entirely comfortable with after having had one. But I am just so impressed with Volks' committment to their dolls and customers.

Good luck! :daisy

Rachel

10. I just thought of something. Do you think they will have pureskin optional heads there? I hope they at least have the F-03 available to buy seperately.

11. I don't think pureskin heads are available separately even in Japan yet.

12. Aw, darn... :(

13. Oh yes, I've heard that they're sold this way at Dolpas too, where you have to wait in line and they might run out before you get one. I totally get that, since the dolls are so limited they don't want to make too many. I'd be just as happy to get a voucher and wait if I went. :grin: I'm just a bit anxious since they haven't given any specifics or mentioned something like that, is all. :daisy I wouldn't want to go all the way to LA to secure the purchase of a doll, only to find out that I wouldn't even be able to get a voucher. Because as much as I'd love to go anyway, I couldn't justify the extra expense unless I was able to save some $ by not paying scalper prices for the doll. ;)

And I hope they'll ship FCS within the US! My sister wants to get hers at the LA store, she's getting a trip down there for Christmas.

14. I know people are still speculating on how things are going to be handled, but is there anyone going to the opening that isn't planning on buying a doll that could pick up Anais/Tae for me? I just want her head and plan on selling the parts once I get her.

( Since they don't seem to be planning on doing an online sale. )

15. Aw, man... I really hope they clarify the "one per person" thing. If it's just one of the 3 NEW limiteds I'm okay, but I just lost an ebay auction for a MSD Enn and I'll cry if I don't get to buy one and a Mai. :cry:

Do Volks stores still sell unassembled body parts? I know they don't sell pre-assembled bodies, but it would save sooo much money to get parts in LA.

16. I went to Japan about a month ago and the only place I saw separate heads for sale was Sato. I didn't see any in Akihabara or Studio Alta. I'm pretty sure none of them were pureskin. :oops:

You can buy extra hands, feet, and kits for MSD, but I don't think I've ever seen kits for SD or larger.

Hope this helps :daisy
      Rachel
      *who's wishing for a way to get a Yo*

17. wow...I am so there for SHIZU!
      Looks like I will need to go 2 days in a row!
      (I wish we could get them on the 19th and get clothes for them on the 20th!)

What an exciting weekend it will be, so many people I finally get to meet!

Wonder when we get our invites?

18. Volks says you can buy every limited, but only one of each. So yes, you can buy Mai and Shizu together, but you couldn't buy two Shizu.

The reason for the strict invite-only rule for the opening reception is because space is limited and they would like t house as many SD-owners as possible. They said however, that they are considering letting you bring an extra person. If they allow it, it will be announced on the website.

As for the invites, jut need to be patient :daisy

19. I just heard back from Volks, it's confirmed:

There will be NO online sale of the Limited dolls. You can only get them if you are physically at the opening.

20. So now that there's a US Volks store, it IS going to be harder to get limiteds. :roll:

Good thing there weren't any must-haves in the batch for me, or I'd be really upset. :-/