1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tenshi No Sumika opens Nov 19th in LA

Oct 4, 2005

1. According to the 1/05 Haute Doll magazine most of the showrooms do sell the full line of Volks toys. I would be suprised if the Volks store here in LA doesn't sell their other figures and 1/6 dolls. I know each time Volks has been at doll conventions in the US they have the 1/6 dolls with them along with the SDs.

And if we are lucky, Volks will have an area like their other stores where people can sell their outfits and such.

Just have to be patient and see what happens.

What's going to get me is if they have all the Dollfie Dreams stuff there!

2. XD eee! That's my birthday, too!

Wish I could go but, as I live in VERY-South Texas... eh!

3. I'm really worried that they might change the date again! I hope we can count on this date!

I also wish that we knew more exactly the location! (then I could try and help people find a hotel!) I'd really prefer to try to scout out hotels NEAR the store, instead of "just in torrance" :(!! waaah!

4. Aimee, I wanted to ask you what the nearest airport to Torrance is. I started pricing tickets today and don't know if LAX is the closest. Please PM me if you have any travel suggetions. :grin:

5. the mighty husband says that LAX is the closest airport. ^_^ (unfortunately it is a very large airport, making it a bit of a PITA.... but I'm sure everyone will be fine)

I may try and go down and visit a few hotels in Torrance this weekend (unless anyone has some suggestions?)

I don't suppose people have some guesses one where it might be in torrance? that would be really helpful

6. Showrooms stock full lines of all the Volks toys, and lots of little gundamy things and anime figures and resin models. They don't have quite as many clothes for SDs. Sumika only have the SD & MSDs, no dollfies.

The Sumika (At least the Shinjuku one) have a little thingy for the omukae ceremony. I hadn't heard of the ceremony when I first saw the little area, and I kinda jumped because it looked like a little funeral display. Like at a pet cemetery. I thought they were having a doll wake or something. Then I read the sign. phew. @_@

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the full line of dollfies at the LA store. Clearly I don't have enough of those.

FWD

7. Actually, Long Beach Airport might be about the same distance as LAX, if not closer. It's not as big as LAX, so actually easier to get in and out of. I know Jet Blue and America West (American Airlines) both flight there.

Long Beach is not far from Torrance, and is a decent place to stay, nice hotels near the ocean such as the Westin, and for a really interesting experience there is the Queen Mary Hotel. Hopefully soon Volks will give more info as to store location so can give info as to options for hotels ect.

Also Manhattan Beach, Redondo and Palos Verdes are pretty nice and within a short driving distance of Torrance. (PV actually is very nice so might be pricey, but then that is where the Beauty Salon will be)

8. Aww.. I wont be back in California til a month after that :(

9. *kicks her internet*

Aimee, my guess is (again) Mitsuwa, in Mandarake's old spot. I say this mostly because my friend asked someone at the Asahiya about it and they said it would be that spot ^^; so it's only second or third hand, but it seems likely.

Also, the foodcourt at Mitsuwa is really, really good =_=.. you can get the best lo mein EVER at that cheap chinese place.. homina *_*

Sadly there aren't any gardens there, really... but the food court does have some semi-private raised japanese-style tea rooms and a special tea-ceremony place... and if you can go there during the summer festival *_*;;; That was fun.

Even if it's not at that spot, getting a hotel near there would be good just for the shopping and food! And down the street is my friend's donut shop XD; rofl if he was working there during november I might have made you guys go down there with a TON of dolls and buy donuts to freak him out.

*babbles* I wish I could go~ But I'll visit at AX next year ^^

10. so..slightly a month away and...still no one knows where the store will be?.. :o
      just popped in this thread to see if someone had seen anything...dunno...if it were my city (yeah..not even country...or continent! :oops: )I would be a serious lurker :grin:, I mean seriousXD...so no hints about what the store will be like yet?hmm...either they are reeeealy fast or the date won´t be accurate or....how the hell do you hide a whole building??..dunno just sounds weird that no one passed by ...or is it just me wanting to know more about it just to get greener with envyXD?

Anyway....enjoy the trip..hope you find nice close hotels and keep us "far away guys" informed k?
      :wink:

11. It's my birthday, too! I laughed so much when I saw the date on the page... Especially since they're advertising the Autumn Fair in the same announcement, and my name happens to be Autumn. XD

12. I'm more interested in what the LA LE doll will be. :barf

13. I m so glad that volks gonna open a store in LA :)
      And i think they gonna open it nearby Torrence, cos they are hiring staffs to work there :)
      So happy that's really close to me , i can't wait till Nov 14th

14. I hope they announce a location soon, so that we can start planning this massive U.S. Volks meetup! My dad lives out there so hopefully I'll be able to stop by and see everyone and their dolls, and obviously the new store. But that all depends on how much work my senior thesis is going to need. *_*

15. I think the Embassy Suites in El Segunda is decent.. I have stayed before, not too pricey and some good areas to meet everyone in the large lobby garden..

I am trying to get a group together from our NY club to attend. Will keep you posted, but let me know if you find something closer.
      Rose in NY

16. well, it would be nice if we could pick one central hotel that is medium-nice, you know? then people could easily have doll meetups, etc. But its hard to pick one when we don't know where in torrance it will be.

17. Ooh, Nov is good. I JUST moved to LA a week ago, so that gives me time to get settled and find a job before I'm tempted to spend lots of money ^^;

18. There are some hotels along the 91 Fwy in Gardena that seem okay, and Gardena is right next to Torrance.

I'm going up there tomorrow, I guess I'll keep my eyes peeled for something. ^^

19. My suggestion if you can not wait to get a hotel room.

Google Hotel Torrance.

You will find a group of hotels/motels near the center of Torrance. This area is fairly decent and near Mitsuwa and other Japanese stores plus more. Torrance is actually a very nice area. There is no need to get a place to stay elsewhere, plus you will be closer to the store, if that is your desire.

However, I really suggest maybe waiting just a little bit longer. I am sure that very soon Aimee will have a hotel location. It's not the tourist season so there are rooms available.

( and if you wonder why I might know something about this area, it's because I live here)

20. yeah, I think if people can just wait a bit longer, maybe we'll get a little more information and we can all get in the same hotel room. I think that that would be really fun for everyone (I have no alterior motive here, as I live close enough to drive down...) I just think dollie folks would enjoy staying in the same spot so that they can chat afterhours and have meets if they wish. ^_^

If any of you folks who live in Torrance have a few specific hotels that you think would be good, could you let me know? it would save me a trip down, and then when Volks announces something more, we could get a room block?