1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Tenshi No Sumika opens Nov 19th in LA

Oct 4, 2005

1. okay... we'll just chill here and see what you guys come up with.. I agree if we are all in one place it will make it easier to meet and also give everyone a place to crash if necessarry..
      Thanks for the advice..
      Rose in NY

2. Too bad I'll be in Norway then :( Hopefully I can go in December when I get back to California

3. I'll be in the area a week later, for Thanksgiving weekend. No can do the 19th. Anyone want to go a week later and hang out with us? ;)

4. I'm going to see relatives in another state (for thanksgiving), but other than that... I think I'll always be up for going to the Volks store. XD

5. Hmm... *strokes chin* Does anybody have any idea if there might be doll painting classes there? It'd be great to be able to get School heads more easily. :33

6. no one knows, we can only hope

7. I hope so! Anyone know if they have them at the Korean Sumika?

8. *crosses fingers!*

9. Karisu, I asked Tach about it and she said that it would depend on which male members of your doll family will be attending.

Boy, I didn't know she was that picky. Maybe she just doesn't want to share? (but I know she would probably go no matter what)

If I am able to, will see what can be done for the following week...is there a convention or something?

10. Ooh, could you bring Chibiko's Sora? :D

11. wow on my birthay! Too bad I don't own a private airplane! I hope people who live there will send photos!!!

12. We'll be in town as usual for Loscon, the annual LA Science Fantasy Society's Thanksgiving Weekend convention. (http://www.loscon.org/32/index.html) :)

I expect all the Volks BJDs in our house who actually have bodies (dunno 'bout the "head cases" Seishin & Sofia :p ) will be attending the con and going with us to the store, so of course that means Chibiko will bring Sora. ^^ (BakaRei's new Lune boy will be going to the con with us too, but he just won't drop by the store out of respect for Volks' preferences - I figure Rei will probably be babysitting Sian Arashi for the store visit. ^^)

13. Oh, that's great. ^^ I'd love to see the Kun mold and Toppi mold side by side!

14. This has been edited, because I found other threads that helped out. But I still need to know the following.....

I'm planning on traveling all the way from the East coast to go to the opening, but only if I will be able to choose my own FCS that day. Is it a sure thing that they will offer FCS at this store, and if so, do we know if I will be able to go through that process on opening day? Maybe there will be only special ceremonies and events on opening day. Is there someone I could contact to ask?

I don't mean to sound like a bother, but I'm investing a lot of money to fly out there, get a hotel and such. I don't want to be disappointed once I'm there if I'm not able to select an FCS.

Thanks!

15. You can always email Volks directly. They're great about answering questions quickly, especially for people traveling to their stores or events. :grin:

16. Awesome, thank you! :D

17. Ooh, who're you getting? *nosynosy* X3

I wanna go and get a FCS myself! ...But that'll take a long time. XD;;; Poor Lutz. It'll be a while before he gets his F-08. :lol:

18. Eeeets a seeeecret. ;)

BUY EPHRAM A BODY ALREADY!!! Poor boy. :( *pets Ephram*

19. are you going to email them? If so, I won't email them ALSo about it. I don't want to overwhelm them, I'm sure they're getting too many emails as it is :)