1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

TENSIYA DOLLSHE BERMANN Mr. Fogg, L'etranger & Manu discussion thread.

Oct 2, 2006

1. I would never want Dollshe to mass produce Bermanns.

bad enough my "limited" Isao came out umpteen times, and my Cocori - although Iplehouse swore it was so difficult to make her and they'd never have a general release - is being produced like barbies. I still love both of them big time. (I don't like paying limited prices for a doll produced many many times.)

but, considering his appeal and how no one had a clue he would be so loved, it's a nice pipe-dream to think a tiny few might be released once in a while. Perhaps a dozen unpainted kits once/year. :o *hears people fainting*

the fave dolls in my collection are Le Comte and Morganna Fey, two very limited creations. Morganna, in fact, is waay more limited than my Bermann. ditto Sying. (they're both CP LE Elf with vamp heads, sleep heads, unique hands...strung but no clothes) they were sculpted just a bit differently from the regular El and Lishe and of course have all those extra bits. :love I love that they're ultra-limited. and, I love that other people can have another version of Lishe and El.

so I agree with both christy and gayle. keep 'em limited, but make one more for me!

2. Isao is still pretty limited! He came out a 2nd time in pretty small numbers as we can tell by the amount sold on Ebay and Yahoo Japan(and looking slightly different, make-up wise) and is only produced now, as far as I know, as one-offs at Dolpas. Alex

3. I agree with this too. My take on the limiteds was basically the fact that limiteds exist alone, is a good thing. It adds dimension to the hobby, depending on what you want. So, lets say, I'm glad they exist as opposed to don't exist at all. I was being pretty black and white about it. But I hear ya on what grabs you about a doll....that's the personal aspect of choosing a doll which wasn't really what I was focusing on. It's not just the limited factor for me, either. It's whether something about the doll grabs me or not.

I just don't really agree with making a limited doll into an unlimited doll. I see it as 'what's done is done, there was a reason it was made a limited piece'. It made it's mark that way. Just the same as limited runs of a print are made, like an etching or lithograph. I compare it to a limited art series. Or there only being one Mona Lisa. Or one Eiffel Tower. Of course, those examples are pretty extreme in comparison, but I respect that about a limited piece. It adds a degree of extra interest. That even if you weren't aesthetically drawn to it enough to want one yourself, the fact that it's perhaps the only one, or a few of it's kind may make you look twice at it for the sake of understanding that about it. It adds interest. I hope that makes sense! :lol:

4. Oh yes, Christy, I understand your point, and it does make sense. Doesn't make me stop wanting a Bermann, lol, but I get the draw of limited and of uniqueness. I doubt sincerely that Bermann will ever be unlimited, and I'm at peace with that. I'll try for the last release, and if I get him, I'll be overjoyed, and if I don't, I can live with that.

I will say that a huge part of the uniqueness of bjds is the imprint the owner puts upon them. Petite Ballerine's Comte Havre de Grace and your Vincente are the first Bermann's that captivated me, before I even knew what a Bermann was. They are unique compelling characters, as is your Hound, Feyd, and they are inimitable.

5. The Hound is just a little too smirky for what I need. If the mouth was more neutral, he would be a pretty good choice for what I am after. And that pointy nose - why? *laughs*

For now, I am going to try and work with a Hound with a faceup already in place and a blank Husky to see what I can do to get what I want - if I am lucky. *laughs*

Don't be surprised if you start seeing mutant dogs from me around December...

6. The thing is, even if some plain bermanns were released it still wouldn't be a "bermann 77" or other limited version. So you would still have limiteds in a manner of speaking - they are all numbered, after all.