1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrible transaction with Crobidoll

Dec 8, 2008

1. Hmm, I just remembered today there was a sticker from TNT on the box I got from Crobidoll when I did a group order. TNT uses that sticker if the address is incomplete or incorrect to have someone check the records to get the correct address.
      If I recall correctly the sticker said my address was incomplete. I didn't give it much thought back then, because I was happy my order had arrived.

However, your case is not the only time Crobidoll makes a mistake with writing down the address. It doesn't bring comfort, but I just remembered it.

2. And yet another doll company added to my "Never buy from" list. *_* I really hope this eventually clears up for you...

3. I had a group order with Crobidoll and it went really well and I got my package three days after I paid for it. I think what happened is they didn't understand what you were saying and you got frustrated and then they got frustrated because they felt like they were being attacked.

4. To me, it looks like Crobi felt like they were not responsible for your item because they somehow? know (among the many many customers) that they wrote your address down correctly. So when you told them about your situation and refused to pay custom charges for a delivery not headed to your address and continued to persist, you appeared like you were attacking them. It looks like the problem is that Crobi didn't trust you either. So who's to say who is not trusting who? XD;

So you're both looking at the situation from two perspective: Crobi is looking at the situation from trust vs mistrust and you, responsibility vs irresponsibility.

If you both did your parts, it seems that somehow along the way, things messed up. So it could be the fault of ParelForce (I agree that a photo of an address would have been better evidence). Or the fault of the person who wrote down your address. That person and the person who is writing to you might be two different people. And the person who wrote down the address could be lying, telling the English Q&A person/replier/rep that they did their part...Or it could be Dreaming Doll that messed up since they're the ones that makes that body...Well whatever the case may be, it definitely smells like a third person/agent messed it up tho.

But still, Crobi should have taken responsibility and handle the situation more professionally. Their reply was mean and their comments were unnecessary.

Also, Muisje's example does make me wary. However, in the States, incomplete addresses are returned back to the sender (thank goodness!).

For me, Crobi will not be my "never buy from" company,but just, "Oh, I'll have to take some extra steps to be careful".

This isn't the first time I've heard Crobi messed up either. I remember reading somewhere that Crobi messed up on some wig orders and refused to handle the situation as well. I didn't follow up on that thread so I don't know how the problem was handled.

Good luck tho!

5. All I see is that the OP tried to explain in more depth and then their feelings got all hurt. This is not the way to conduct a business transaction. How can they possibly say with any certainty that they didn't write the address wrongly unless they have a photo of the label? A photo of this nature has not been produced. Everyone can make the odd mistake. In this case it really REALLY should not be a big deal for them. Good for you your transaction went well, but that is irrelevant. OP's one didn't and they are doing nothing to rectify the situation.

I am glad this thread has been posted. I've dealt with sellers like this before (not dollie stuff) and will not be buying from Crobidoll. They should be making some effort at least to sort things out. They've made such a fuss about the situation so far, I have doubts that they will come through even if proved incorrect to their satisfaction.

Judging by their feedback thread they seem to be incapable of sorting out even minor problems (the wig transaction in that thread). The way they are so quick to accuse their customers of dishonesty makes me suspicious about their own integrity. You just don't talk to customers in that fashion.

6. Wow! What a rude customer support agent! Is there a DOA Corbidoll representative that you could contact? I don't like to say never, but if this is not resolved well, I probably would not order from them after the way you have been treated.

7. Wow, at this point I would start pulling punches. They sound like a child who is lying, badly if I might add, about something. They're acting like they just want you to leave them alone, don't. Talk about a lazy post man, more like a lazy sad excuse for customer service.

8. You knoooooow...that thought really did pass through my mind actually. This person sounds like the old Q&A customer service person LUTS had some while ago. They are probably not the same person...but the horrific customer service is pretty identical.

kazezakura~ I'm so sorry that your experience with Crobi has been so appalling. I know that some people have stated that they have had great customer service from Crobi, but this incident alone will steer me away from working with them. Even if misunderstandings occur [which is what this problem sounds like] and company should NEVER treat their customers like they are 'liars on trial'. If a third party messed up, that is neither your fault, nor Crobi's, but Crobi as a company should take care of their customers first and foremost before trying to cover their behinds. Hopefully this whole incident will get straightened out, and thanks for sharing this information with us.

9. As I discovered myself, they do not have any other agents, at least at this time. I was seriously considering buying a doll from them, but it looks as though I'll have to wait awhile on it now. If they did have some agents who could be more professional representatives for the company, I'm sure that would ease a lot of the problems. They do not seem akin to good customer service. True, there could be some translation mix-ups, but their frustration comes through clearly just the same. Right now, going directly through them is the only way to go. Which means I'll be waiting until they get their act together...

10. Crobidoll does have very rude customer service, and I've found myself in a similar situation with them.

I ordered a wig from them about two weeks before I ordered a Dreaming doll body. The wig shipped out in a day and I was very pleased -- until I got it and it didn't fit the doll I bought it for. I bought an SD sized wig (a 9-10) and what they sent me was a wig that would only fit a Lati doll, one of the smaller ones (I found this out after taking it to a local meet and trying it on various dolls). I wrote them immediately and explained they sent me the wrong wig and could I send it back to swap for a new one. They were like hmm, so you CLAIM we sent you the wrong wig. Weeeeell, we can send it back to you but you'll pay shipping and then a thirty dollar fee to swap the wig. Their shipping fee they quoted was another 25 dollars. I was aghast and said that I understood paying to ship it to them but why was there an additional fee when this was their mistake? They got very rude and tried to tell me I had ordered the wrong wig and what was wrong with me that I didn't realize it was my mistake. I triple checked and no, I had ordered rightly. I waited a few days and they poked me, rather impatiently, demanding the wig back. I politely wrote them back and said I would be keeping it even though it was of no use because I shouldn't have to pay more than it would cost to order a new wig for their mistake. I decided to wait until I got my Dreaming Doll body and then wait to write about how disappointed /I/ was in their customer service and how rude they were.

About three weeks later they sent the body and when checking the postal service....it got sent to the wrong address~! I live in Boston and it was sent to Dulles airport. So I had to make phone calls immediately as it had been redirected. Fortunately someone at the post office figured out the mistake and sent it back rather than my having to go through Crobi but I spent the time panicking until it was redirected -- a week later. u__u;;;

Well, when I finally got the body, there was a new wig included so I think someone realized their mistake but...yes, they are very hostile to deal with under these circumstances and honestly as much as I love their sculpts, I would think twice about ordering from them again. That's why the second dreaming doll body I got came off the marketplace.

11. I too ordered a 9-10 inch wig from Crobidoll, but with some force I can get it on a 8 inch head. It's a beautiful wig, but definitely not the 9-10 inch I ordered.
      I only found out a month after I received my order, so I figured it was too late to complain as I should have checked immediately after receiving the order. The card that came with the wig inside the wig net didn't state the wig size. It only had a code I think is for model and colour.
      If Crobidoll doesn't tag their wigs with size, it's not that strange people get the wrong size wigs.

I'm sad that the wig doesn't fit my Sabik as the colour and model are perfect for him, but partially I'm glad I never bothered to contact Crobidoll.

12. ouch... maybe Crobidoll should replace their Customer Service rep or something. As much as i understand that Customer Reps are only human and they can get irate, i think it's still not right to accuse or blame the customer at any point, but try to resolve the problem with them if not for them.

I hope they'll improve.. as I had been looking forward to ordering some stuff from them in the future! would certainly subscribe to this thread too to remind myself to be wary.

13. Wow. You know, I don't care WHO screwed up -- even if it's the customer who has done EVERYTHING wrong, and the company has done everything correctly -- there is never a situation, EVER, when that kind of communication is acceptable from a professional business. I might give individual sellers a little bit of slack, but a company? Absolutely not. Especially now that it's clear this is not an issue with one particular transaction, but an ongoing and repetitive cycle of rudeness.

14. Wow, they have the audacity to say they are disappointed in you?

Not acceptable... How terrible.

15. I just recived a refund from Crobidoll, though with fees+ the charge they gave me I ended up getting back $310 rather than what I paid, which was $330. This is what they said about fact even after I had asked them to pay the fees, I was $20 short:
      "Hi~!We refunded your money, $320 to you.
      We paid shipping fee twice and we paid remittance fee too so we refunded your money $320 to you.
      $10 is remittance fee. You have to pay it for us. We're sorry about this happening between us & you.

We hope you understand us and we hope you listen to other's saying if you want to buy something on international shopping mall."

I am not sure why they had to have the last word in, but in anycase, this is solved, though not very happy with them.

16. Well thank god you got your refund back.

But I still have no intentions of buying from them :x

17. How rude! :x
      If they want to run a business, then they should have tried to solve the problem as professionals. What's with the accusation? That representative should get fired, if they can't solve a problem simple as that. Seems to me that they have their prides, and doesn't want to admit that it's their own fault. They may sell beautiful dolls, but there's no point if they don't have good customer service.

Well, at least you got your refund. Now I'm nervous about buying anything over the internet. I'm never going to buy anything from them.

18. I'm glad you got some of your money back, even if they didn't refund you 100%. I will never buy anything from Crobidoll, it seems like things are regularly going wrong and their customer service agent is a dreadful representative of their company.

19. i had been considering buying from them for a while now...not any more!
      what a rude CS rep!

20. This makes me EXTRA worried because a lovely friend of mine who currently lives in the states but is moving up to Canada in about 2 months ordered 2 dolls for me as a Christmas gift from Crobidoll. Wonder if things went well at all, however the transaction was a pretty high one so hopefully Crobidoll CS representative wouldn't be an a-hole about it. :/

My previous experience with Crobidoll has been very pleasant. They answered my questions very swiftly and there were no problems what so ever.

For those who are interested in what he got, he got me a Ami set and Yeon-Ho with DD body along with bits and pieces from other places (Leeke, Muse doll, etc.). He has been really secretive and refuse to take ransom photos for me.