1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

That moment when you first open the box

Nov 17, 2008

1. I think what I first thought was that Takeru looked better than the promo photos and how small his head was xD I had never seen a bjd upclose and held one before. I saw some at a con but they were mainly SD and yo-sd.

But he instantly became my favourite mould :D

2. When my volks megu arrived I opened her box and.....it was a huge letdown.
      I remember thinking "is this it? uhh she's so....not what i expected"
      I actually felt bad because she was so boring. It was a major disappointment. I wasn't expecting some gorgeous custom faceup, but I was expecting her to look something like her promo pics.

With all the others its been "awww" or "omg!!!! :D " (depending on the doll)
      so love at first sight 4 out of 5 times isn't bad...too bad the first one was the ugh moment

3. Man, I wrote "never" and it happened.
      My Lati red boy came. It was a HUGE box. I opened it and man oh man. Okay I was grinning and a very quiet squee happened. I so want to do a photostory now.
      So I guess the right doll just never came till him.

Now I know to get rid of the dolls to do not make me feel that way.

Also I feel that getting a head back from a face-up artist is alot more exciting.

4. When my Souldoll Killian came home and I saw him for the first time it was a mixed reaction. Firstly I fell in love with how his body looked and how the double joint moved, but when I saw his blank head he looked like such a nice guy. The person I wanted him to be is pure evil so I worried that I'd have to give up this personality I'd just created. But of course this lasted about ten seconds before I ran off to do his faceup and Lethian was born as he should be! :D

5. Yes Today was my very first box opening. I took pictures which are still in limbo due to my lack of batteries and or cables to connect my camera to the computer. I love my boy. My co workers think I am a booby doodle-doo idgit for spending this much on a doll, especially when I don't have a car of my own:...(, but I wanted him from the first moment I saw him and after 18+months I have him! He even has the only pair of under wear I will ever Crochet.:lol:
      What I wanna know is where the thread is that tells us why Unidoll stopped making normal sized dolls and only has real and tiny now? I really wanted some of their other sculpts when I had the money but they all went poof and I am not too eager for the Real dolls or any smaller dolls. Oh well. Many other fish in the sea and hopefully at least 1 box opening next year as well!
      :treecookie Happy Holidays:treecookie

6. when I saw my first doll I just said..".........ow....that's tiny.......they f*** with me !!!":o
      but one hour after that I already aes taking millions and millions of picture !:D

7. When I opened Saif's box, it was like "YOU'RE PERFECT!"

Opening Muniya... I dunno... It was more mixed. But she grew on me.

8. I totally know that feeling, I have it every time I open the box for a new doll <3 but expecially my first, he's a CP Chiwoo and the first bjd I saw in real life..I was so amazed at how small and pretty he was, with those little fingers and that little face(eheheh Chiwoo, 'little face'...I obviously had no one to compare him to xDD) and those beautiful long legs and those little toes..I spend so long just looking at every little detail, moving him around, posing him, picking him up again...until my mom told me to give the poor boy some clothes xDD

It's been mostly 'wow!' 'omg prettyyyy!' 'yay finally!' with the others, with my Cecile and Seimei I was so happy to finally get those two hard to get sculpts I really wanted(and that they were everything I had hoped for), with Lucette I was thrilled to see she was the character right out of the box, with Xem I was just really happy to have him and staring at how pretty he was and I got Kahlen at a meet-up and even wig and eyeless(because I didn't expect to take her home then)she was perfect <3 But none of those can live up to that first moment of wonder at how adorably beautiful they are <3

9. the opening of the bjd is such a moment of excitement because you really don't know how they're going to turn out. We all know dolls don't always come out as they look on company sites. I've had moments of utter glee when opening and moments of my heart dropping in heartbreak. My new Elle made me freeze with her beauty though :D I had her shipped to my job and I had to wait for my break to open her, it was torture!

10. I was really happy about getting my girl (: She looks WAYY BETTER in real life than the pictures (:

11. When I got my Volks SD Nono, I had excitedly ripped open all the packaging only to lift the box and become scared of her. -_-;; I don't know if it was the face-up or her huuuge eyes but I was instantly backed up into the wall in fear. Even now, I'm a bit skittish of her. I recently sent her head out to Vitta Vera though. Hopefully a new look will change that fear into something nicer. ^^;;

On the other hand, when I first laid my eyes on my Dollmore Kid Pado [boy], I was head-over-heels in love! I was worried at first that I wouldn't like him like my Nono but it was completely the opposite. Even to this day, I'm very much in love with him. XD

12. Hikaru's box opening was...interesting. The poor boy's hands were tied with bubble wrap behind his back, and he was blindfolded and gagged with a face cover and more bubble wrap! And to his dismay, he was nekked as well. :sweat He was on his side in a half-fetal position, and looked like he had put up a great fight with the Luts people as he was being packed away.

My friends who were with me during the box opening were like, "OMG! You smuggled a boy across the border!!!"

13. it wasn't my doll but back in august I was visiting some friends in vancouver b.c. One of them went to pick up her soom sard and when she walked up carring him I literally felt my heart race. I asked if I could hold him and it was MURDER trying to give him back. I didn't want to let him go. I think he was quite possibly the most beautiful doll I had ever seen in my life. I was so desperate to have that feeling again that I ordered an IO. Now I REALLLLY hope that when I pull him out of that box I can experience the same feeling as when I held that gorgeous sard.

14. I was expecting Malice to be tiny but he was sooo small! I was so excited! I had to show him off to everyone!

15. Heheh... I opened my first BJD a few days ago. I bought it unassembled, with no eyes or faceup, but I was so excited. I had been reeeally worried that the resin tone would be icky in reality, but I was just so ecstatic when I saw that the color was really pretty and not-icky. And I just wanted to run around and marvel and pet each individual piece X3 . My mom kept asking me to help with dinner stuff in the middle of it D:< .

But anyway... I actually wasn't supposed to open the doll quite yet... I bought it with my own money, but I was meant to wrap it and put it under the tree anyway. But gods, I was so excited and worried, I couldn't resist!

I told myself 'just check the resin color, so you don't have to worry about it any more'. I did... and then I marveled for a bit... and then I finally told myself to wrap them back up and put some wrapping on them to reduce temptation XD . So it was a rushed 'box-opening'. But a happy one!

The 'real' box-opening, on Christmas, I'm sure I'll be even more excited. Because Then I'll get to string her, and do her faceup and tattoos, and dress her up, and try on her wig, and play and pose with her and take pictures and spend ALL day playing around >w< ! And then I get to drag her to the big family get-together and show her off XD ! The cousins will probably all call her creepy or strange and big-eyed and the aunts and uncles will probably gasp and complain about the price, but I don't care XD . I'll 'show her off' anyway!

<3 ali

16. When I opened my first (DOC Elf Petsha), I almost cried. That probably sounds dorky, but I've had an emotional year and seeing her beautiful face just took my breath away.

With my second (JDK Day) I was more "excited" than "emotional." It was a lot of fun opening him up - he is the first blank BJD I've ever seen and it was so amazing seeing how customizable these dolls truly are.

17. when i opend the first time i was so happy i could not belive it...... so beautiful

18. Oh, yeah, definitely! Just holding the box I was going light headed case I could hardly breathe, and I'm always clumsy in opening the doll-related boxes that I get the wrong tools without thinking. Then you see they're little hands and feet and the face and just :fangirl: I even cut my finger without realizing it until after opening the package for her eyes from Junkyspot :XD:

19. In my case, it was a moment of utter horror... but just because I didn't open the box first, but the customs officers, and I'd had this horrible experience with my mail being mishandled a few days before. In that occasion, the officer disregarded the "fragile - handle with care" sign on the box and even shook it to "test" what was inside, not to mention another employee of the customs office dropped my box when handing it over to me *sighs* So I was terrified when I went to retrieve my doll, afraid that they'd damage it when checking it, and was about to shout "stop that! Don't do it! I want to call in the insurance NOW!" at any moment. But the officers who checked my package were very kind and careful.

The next moment of utter horror came when I realized customs taxes were almost 40% over the total price of my doll :o

Third and last moment of horror occurred at a friend's house. She happened to live nearby the customs office and I paid her a visit to ask her for some money - I literally used all the cash I had on me to cover the taxes and couldn't even pay a bus ticket back home. Well, I took my doll out of the box for her to see him and... I ended up making a small but visible cut on my doll's torso. The horror! I almost headwalled myself for that. I was so afraid employees at the customs office would damage my doll, and in the end it turned out to be ME the one who did it. Speechless, I was.

Anyway, I got home at last and took my doll out of the box, this time with infinite more care. Believe me or not, my first thought wasn't then, "you're so beautiful and I'm in love with you, boy!", but "my God, you're so... tall!", that coming from a person who had been used to Barbie-sized dolls all her life.

And that's the story of my first box opening. With so much that happened, I'm not sure if I'll be able to survive a second box opening... but trust me, if I ever buy a second BJD, I swear I'll be more careful opening the box. Oh, and that I'll be taking more cash with me (but God exempt me of paying customs taxes).