1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

That moment when you first open the box

Nov 17, 2008

1. you know I still have that moment every single time I open the box.....

2. I had already seen my boy before I opened the box. He was part of a group order arranged by a friend. She'd sent me pictures of him wearing one of her doll's yukata and he was bald. But one of her dolls is the same mold, only a few years older and you could see the colour difference between them. The other was originally the same colour. But fortunately they appear to age gracefully ;)
      Right now I'm expecting my second doll and I'm already planning out the box opening in my head. I'll let Shinta open the box for me :) and I think he's a little clumsy with women, but he always strives to be the perfect gentleman ;)

3. It's probably the most exciting gift (to myself) opening ever. When I see my new baby for the first time I'm alway super happy. Nothing can beat that feeling :) Talking about it makes me want to buy another one XD

4. When I opened the box with my miumi in it(luts senior delf blanchet). it was like she looked at me and said 'hello' and smiled. instant love. <3

5. when i 1st opened up his box, he looks really grumpy. hahahaha

but after a few days he's all nice and sweet :D

6. Oh yes I have felt this way. My first doll I just sat back and gabbed at him for like 5 min. It was the happiest I had been in a long time. He just sat there and looked at me like "wtf are you lookin at? Get me some clothes!" XD

7. I get to have that moment everyday. :fangirl: I keep my girls in their boxes when not being played with, so every morning when I go and open the box it's just like it was the first time. It's a really wonderful feeling! :aheartbea

8. Rikka_Mika, what a swell idea! :lol:

Yes, box openings have always been exciting. Heck, unboxing a body was also exciting -- partly since my floating head finally was complete. It's the thrill of seeing my doll -- MY doll, my unique special baby -- in person for the first time. I don't think the thrill will ever go away!

9. I remember I laughed of happiness when I opened my first BJD-box. I was so surprised how something could be so beautiful. Really, I don't remember when I've laughed like that. Was a weird mix of happiness and surprises I guess.

10. Aside from a basket of kittens (4-time Foster kitty-mom right here~ <3), the box-opening for a BJD is definitely on the top of my completely awe-inspiring moments list :D
      And I still get a little awe-stricken that I could own something so gorgeous every time I take my boy out of his box, heheh *_*

It makes me want more every time I think about it, though- I just -love- that one moment when you first unwrap them x33

11. I love box opening's, mine..other peoples, it's my favorite thing to look
      at here on the forum!! I wish that *takes my breath away, speechless
      or teary eyed* moment could last forever. And I love new resin smell..
      the stronger the better XD Honestly the feeling of waiting for my doll,
      tracking it to it's arrival at my door and holding the box is my favorite
      part of getting a new doll...so if I could relive that feeling every time
      I look at or hold my doll that would be great, unfortunately it doesn't
      happen (am I bad or alone in this? :sweat ) so I'm always wanting
      another doll (just not getting them) I guess that's called a doll addiction.
      Eeeek :lol:

A bit off topic..Zest how to you become a foster kitty mom?
      I would love to do that!

12. Haha, I still remember how happy I was when my first got here. XD I just couldn't stop looking at him. It was just amazing seeing him in person for the first time. *w*

And repeating the resin-smell love for the umpteenth time. XD I just love it so much. I always had loved new plastic smell, and resin is like that, only much more subtle and not quite as harsh. It's amazing. <3 That's still what I remember best about Maddie's box opening. Her smell was so much stronger than Henry's, and I still associate it with her now. XD;;

13. I was mad with my first box opening
      because I received the box and I had no time to spend some times in my box opening...
      I had been obliged to wait for the evening, and then, to many people around me, so many things to do, so, it was not the magical moment I was hoping for
      So, I promise myself that for my next box opening, I will do all the necessary in order that this moment will remain unforgetable :whitetruffle

14. I had alot of things going on and the internet wasn't working so I was in a bad mood, but when the box came I had this feeling of not knowing what to do with it because I was so nervous, not a bad nervous though.

15. I technically became a foster-kitty mom by complete chance xD My family has always owned cats, we've raised two litters where the mom was present, and two where they were either strays (yes, we actually found a box of kittens in an alley D8!) or victims of animal cruelty.
      At the time, my computer was in the room where we'd keep the kittens, so all of them were extensively socialized (and hand-fed when needed ;3) and we adopted them all out to loving families <3

If you'd ever like to raise or foster kittens yourself, I'd recommend checking out a local no-kill animal shelter- they're always looking for fosters, and it's actually better for the pet. The more socialize they are (and attention you give them), the sweeter the companion you get ;)

Anyways, yeeeaahh, more on-topic, that's one of the reasons I don't/won't call any of my BJDs my "babies," or "kids," because all the kittens I raise are my babies/kids, and the only ones I plan to have xD (And why BJD box openings are only second best to when you realize you successfully raised a loving, sweet kitty companion ;D -loophole-)

16. When I got my first doll and opened the box I couldn't get over how beautiful he looked and just stared at him for at least 5-10 minutes, then when I picked him up the first thing I thought was "Ow why did you just headbutt me?!"... That was my first experience with an SSDF and their 'interesting' torso joints, still love him though haha

17. Yes, I had that moment with both dolls.

Aubrey was my first doll and my reaction to seeing him was basically me being frozen for about 5 minutes before getting enough courage to move his arm. I had no idea what to do with him but I thought he was lovely.

Penelope was my second and limited doll. She was an impulse buy and I was terrified that I wouldn't bond with her. The moment I saw her face though, any worries flew out the window because she was just so gorgeous.

It's always a great feeling to open the box and just be floored by the amazingness of your new doll ^^.

18. I opened Mercutio after hours and days of fretting and worrying that I'd be unhappy with him, that I wouldn't like him or any of my choices for him, but when I opened him, and he had a tissue on under the face-up covering, I almost DIED laughing, cus it was like, "No, you can't see me until you unwrap ALL of me!"

Every time after that, I always hesitated removing that bubble-wrap or face cover that hid their faces, smiling a little before moving very delicately... Seeing Benvolio moved me to absolute tears, he was just so darkly gorgeous!

19. I always take pictures of my box opening and every time I take too many, they're so gorgeous I just want to keep taking pictures..
      it's always a horror to choose pictures for my boxopenings post..

20. When I first opened Cesavier's box I couldn't believe it, because I had such high expectations for how amazing it would feel... and they were all completley surpassed. The sheer amount of adoration, just how beautiful and perfect he was was over whelming. I felt (and still feel) like it was art - art that I could bond with and shape to my whims, art that had human shaped hands to hold and a face to look at. Both of my parents were there when I opened him and it made it all the more special that my family were so happy and excited too. Seraphine was a little less so - I was amazingly excited, and again I thought she was stunningly beautiful, but I don't think anything will ever match how I felt holding my very first BJD, all of my very own.