1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

That moment when you first open the box

Nov 17, 2008

1. It's amazing. I remembered when I first got my first ever doll. I made my Dad pick me up from work so I could get home faster and I opened her and saw her face for the first time. She was so beautiful. I was in awe!
      The same happens, with every day. I just got my Minifee Karsh and I opened him and I couldn't stop staring at him and smiling. So perfect!

2. The first moment i opened the box i was thinking only about my doll to be undamaged. The week before this my friend got her bjd with broken ear, and i was so frightened. The post office here isn't very careful, to be frankly speaking.
      But my Keira was so safely packed, that i calmed down. And yesss, she was perfect :fangirl:

3. I had one of these moment just yesterday! I took my Reaa from the box, unwrapped her and put her on my lap amazed by the wonderful sensation of her resin... she is my fist MSD and she seems so big!

4. My reaction to my first doll was: omg, I own a doll now. This is my doll. MY doll. Nobody elses. I actually bought one...
      My reaction to my second: that is not white skin...and why doesn't she have a face-up? I got send the wrong doll. When I got the right doll however, I did marvel at her sheer beauty.

I am more mesmerized when the doll comes in with a beautiful face-up. I was so happy with my fullset. Everything was just so perfect. I've waited too long for her to arrive, but when she finally did, angels almost sang. <3

My first reaction to my msd (as a yosd collector) was: omg she is soooo big. I had forgotten how tall they actually are. Now imagine a sd. 0.o

5. I had my first unboxing yesterday (my Luts Kid Delf Darae :fangirl:) and the entire box opening was an amazing experience...I had the collect the parcel from the post office because I wasn't home when it was supposed to be delivered. When the woman brought out the big box with "LUTS" written on the side, I went "Yessss! I've been waiting for this since October!" When I took off the lid and the pillow, the first thing I saw was her torso and my first thought was, "Yes! She's even bigger than I expected!" I was also really amazed at her beautiful skin tone. Something I was really happy with was the fact that they gave me glass, MAGENTA eyes! They match her hair so perfectly, I don't even want to take them out~ And I actually didn't get any whiff of resin, despite the fact that I ordered her brand new from Luts.

6. Not yet, but I am furiously saving I hope to share the same emotions of a box opening, I am very excited!

7. I think it's perfectly natural! I had it as well with the dolls I got, with their bodies especially. Just admiring their bodies at first sight is something I always do. They're just so beautiful. c:

8. As soon as I open the box I wanna remove all the bubblewrap ASAP! I opened my first dolls way too fast so I am trying to calm down and open my dolls slowly and carefully but it is still pretty hard^^ I just can't wait to see their beautiful faces and play around with them :)

9. Reading threads like these make me want to skip rent and bills so I can get her NOW! hehe.

All kidding aside, I can't wait until I open my first BJD box :)

10. I know what you mean. I froze when I saw my doll's face for the first time after lifting that pillow. Took my breath away. I must have stared at him for a good 5 minutes.

11. I couldn't take the arrival pictures because my hands seemed like they were doing the freakin' harlem shake, I was sooo excited I couldn't help it ;A; and really happy too :) -so, my mom took the pictures instead of me-

12. >< awh I always love box opening, >.> and I still remember how sometimes I almost cried when I saw my boys ;w;

13. From my personal experience with a first box opening,everything was wrapped in protection except the private region which somehow brought a round of laughter so that was still nice and since I keep mine in the box most of the time,each time I open it there's that scent of fresh resin.

14. When I first opened Nova (my first large size doll) I was awe struck. She was just so amazing and wonderful to me. I couldn't believe quite how much I loved her from the very first second. I was pretty sure I would like her since I'd been longing for her since a couple of years ago, but I was so in love from the second I saw her I was taken aback. No one could have prepared me for the moment and I never would have imagined loving her as much as I did (and do :D)

15. My most recent box opening was for my Resinsoul Ai. I remember thinking that SD doll boxes were so big. Fawn is my first SD. I took off the bubble gloves and just looked at her hands. Then I took the rest of the bubble wrap off and we made eye contact. I kinda stood there soaking in the "bonding moment". It was amazing. Then I picked her up and it really sunk in how big and heavy SD's really are.

Tomorrow I have another Junkyspot package coming in. I finally get a Resinsoul Mei and I splurged on a Hujoo Arthur. 8D So double box opening for me tomorrow Im so excited

16. When I opened my first BJD ever (Dollshe Hound):
      I technically opened him when I wasn't supposed to! :P Since my parents contributed quite a bit of money to buying him as my christmas present that year, I wasn't supposed to open him until then! He arrived in OCTOBER--how was I supposed to wait? I had never seen a BJD in person before, and I was so excited to see my precious boy! He actually arrived when I was home sick, it was a nice surprise! I snuck him open and I honestly don't remember anything other than how happy I was to hold him. I was so surprised and shocked and just in love, but I can't remember anything but the emotions! :) It's all a blur! After taking him out (in secret, sometimes even with friends) over the next few months, I *finally* "opened" him on Icelandic christmas (24th of December, which is our big christmas celebration in the evening), I squealed and cuddled him all night.

Opening "my second" BJD (gift for my sister, Puki Sugar):
      It was just to make sure she came damage-free. I tried to keep myself from getting too excited, because she wasn't for me and I wanted to be excited when my sister opened her :)

Opening Calista, my DC Agatha:
      I was hanging out with my friends about 35 minutes from my house, and so I kept calling my sister to ask if she had arrived. When she DID arrive, I drove home (probably a little too fast, although with my luck I got stuck in traffic, UGH!) and practically ripped the box to shreds. I was so terribly excited, it had been years since I had seen a BJD other than my Hound and my sister's Puki Sugar, and I had fallen in love with the Agatha sculpt so hard the moment I saw her! I remember taking her out of the box and saying "WOW YOU'RE TINY," because I really only am around my Hound, haha. I wanted to cry though, because I had been going through a lot lately, and having Calista arrive made me so relieved and happy. :)

(I'm such a sucker for telling stores ; ; )

17. I like telling stories too. I was in the middle of another international move when my most recent doll came. We had no house or possessions outside our suitcases; everything was already being shipped to our next destination so I'd been freaking out about whether or not this doll would arrive before we left England. I had been assured it would only take 4 weeks, but it had taken 12, which I hadn't bargained for with the move coming up. I just anticipated forwarding a box with potential customs fees due to another country being a nightmare. I had been going haywire with unmedicated anxiety while coordinating the move, so finding out in the middle of that moving disaster that my package had finally arrived was so amazing. I would have had to walk over 6 miles to reach the post office, so I had to wait for a ride there, but holy #$%& it was difficult.

I'd made the jump from owning nothing but 60cm SDs to a 75cm Herculean, so I didn't really know what to expect. When I finally pulled the humongous box open in the parking lot, I was shocked. His BODY was amazing! I couldn't believe how big and heavy he was. He was so substantial in my hands compared to my willowy, androgynous SDs. Then I unwrapped his face and was disgusted. The sun (it was unavoidable) shining through his empty eyeholes made them look red, and his gray-brown lips had been glossed (unlike photos), so he looked both demonic and "like a drowned fish" according to my husband. It was truly grotesque. I was both elated and unhappy until I got him to a friend's where we were staying. Under nice, safe, artificial lighting with his eyes in, he was much better. I had to repack my bags so he could always stay in my carryon, resulting in an interesting bag check in Turkey, but it was worth it to keep him near me. That was the most attached I've ever gotten to a brand new doll.

How does it seem to happen so often that they arrive when we owners really need them?