1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

That ONE tiny thing!

Jul 25, 2011

1. One of Kiddo's eyebrows is a teensy bit off. It's not something anybody buts me notices, but it bugs me every time I see it. Thank goodness he has long bangs!

2. While a larger rounder forehead could be modded on, it's true there are some things that can't be changed. I love my Minifees' beautiful faces but their darned eggy heads are too big for their bodies... Oh well.

3. It's so cool that you managed to fix 'that one tiny thing', Ryochan! The one tiny thing for me (and I'm new to BJDs) is the gunk that hold Lati Yellows' eyes inside their head. What is that all about? I thought that there'd been some kind of terrible happening :othe first time I removed the back of her head and saw it. Now I just have to try not to think about it at all. A seriously strange design!

4. :sweat Just so you're aware, all BJDs allowed on this forum will have that 'gunk', also known as eye putty. The dolls are designed that way so it's simple to change out the types of eyes you want them to have. It's not a flaw and won't show through the eye sockets if placed in properly.

5. Bit of trivia, only 10% of humans are estimated to have a longer second/middle toe than big toe, but many forms of idealised human representation [classical sculpture, paintings- often our dolls] have this trait. Most my dolls do, but it'd be weird if it bugged me. I have it on my feet ^^;

As for my one little thing...my otherwise -perfect- boy's head is a sliiightly different shade to his body, only noticable in some lights. Dollshe's WS is a paperwhite, colder colour, while the soom body he is on is a warmer slightly cream white. Bugs me to no end, but the body poses exactly how the character should, so I shan't be fixing it.

...oh, that and my Rosen can look like the most doped up guy ever at certain angles.

6. There's always something that bugs me: a too pointy nose, black paint in the corners of the mouth, faceup so pale that I can barely see it, eye wells that aren't beveled the same so one of the eyes is wonky, long sculpted nails on the toes (this grosses me out for some reason). I have tweaked almost every doll I have, even the pricey ones.

7. My Soom Hyperon's nose... most of the time it looks perfect, but when you turn him at just the right angle it looks like he broke his nose a long time ago. It's got a little bump on the bridge, and was designed that way by Soom.

But I'm sure I'll leave it be, as it's not TOO noticeable... and if I tried to fix it it'd take part of the face-up off. That, and I think that if I did try to sand it down, he'd suddenly look too girlie. O.o Which is definitely something I don't want!

8. When i got my DZ Genly I was a little freaked out by his genitals...It looked like he had a tiny snail down there! Nothing i can really do about it (I don't want to mod him a wang...) except keep clothing on his man-area at all times (which i do as a matter of course).

9. Really? Interesting! That'd be why two of my boys have it despite it being unusual then. I don't care about it on humans- just on my dolls it bugs me. My middle and big toe are exactly the same length, which is possibly even odder :D

10. The one tiny thing is usually what prevents me from purchasing a doll. I've always wanted a DoT E-An but...under her nose...it's like her nose isn't even attached to her face. It's this huuuge gap and it looks terrible from the front so I can't justify buying her because I know it would irritate me. I know it could be modded but I have a hard enough time picking face up artists never mind a modder! :'D

My Souldoll Mayu's face isn't even. This is a feature with all Souldolls and I didn't even notice until someone talked about their Ize's face being off. It used to bug me but now I've gotten over it-she's beautiful anyway. C:

11. Sometimes I completely hate that my Pippitan's one hand is positioned as a pointing hand. There's no option for swapping the hand out, her joints are funny and I'd have to find a pair of hands that would work because I doubt I'd find comparable finger sculpting. It also drives me a bit crazy that my Domadoll Cooki has such an adult female shape when she's a tiny with a young-ish looking face, but I love the hands and her legs and such so I live with it. :)

12. I've found the One Tiny Thing is how you find out what to look for in future dolls. You either find that it's not so bad and you can live with it, or it's a deal breaker and you know not to have that in any other dolls.

For me, the one that comes to mind the most is open mouths. I've had a few over the years, and they've all eventually moved on. I tried, but it just doesn't work out for me.
      I got a doll that was reeeeeally pink in person that hadn't looked anywhere that pink in the photos, and eventually it just bugged me enough (along with other body quirks), that that one moved on as well, and I keep an eye out now for resin colors a bit more closely.

So I've found it's a Lesson Learned. You either fix it and love it, or realize you never want that in a doll again. :lol:

13. That's a perfect way to look at it, aernath. I deal with my Pippitan's hands because my love for the doll outweighs the pointy hand, but another doll with a pointy hand and no hands to swap moved on. Now, no dolls with only a pointy hand come into the house. ;)

14. I just got a lati yellow Kuroo. I love her to death! She's currently taking up all my attention at the moment as she's only been in my possession a short couple weeks. I have 2 things about her, though neither are deal breakers for me. And I didn't really notice till a few days ago that these problems even existed for me. firstly, her face-up. it's a stock face-up, but she looks like someone tried to make her blushing more visible. Her cheeks have much more color to them and it's very uneven, her forehead looks like all the color is over one eye, and it seems that some of the blushing powder got along one side of her nose and not the other side. So she looks a little uneven. but like I said, it was only a couple of days ago when I got a new lamp with a "natural light" bulb inside that i saw it. So, I'll send her away and get her a new faceup. problem solved. second, her body isn't as pose able as I would like it to be, and I'm considering looking into optional bodies. but I don't really want a different size body. I've heard mention of the lati yellows and the pukifees being able to share clothes and wigs and i've heard about their pose-ability. So i've been on the hunt for a reference pic which i haven't been able to come up with, but i can live with her the way she is because she's just so darn adorable anyway!

15. Fly's got a brown and blue eye, and in photos, only the brown one seems to show up. The blue one seems SO dark! I've tried different blue eyes, and they all have this weird problem!

Dunno if it's the sculpt or what.

16. My Elfdoll Wu's faceup bigs the heck out of me. It used to be too stark, but now it isn't vibrant enough.... you can barely see it! And he doesn't pose at all. *grumble*
      My SSDF 08 man's hands annoy me to no end. I'll go to position them, and oops! They've fallen off again.....

Sometimes I don't like my CP El's nose. It's just so.... distinctive. And his bum is so round. But that's something you learn to like : )

17. I don't tend to fixate on One Tiny Thing that's not changeable... if the doll's wig, eyes, or look bothers me, that's something I can easily fix, and the slightest change can make your whole being sigh with relief, like "OK, *now* you're the doll I wanted! I knew you were in there somewhere!"

I did once change a doll's hands when the default body's own hands were driving me absolutely crazy-- Soom Gem, I mean those vestigial boneless little flippers, they're hardly bigger than the doll's own nose-- so I changed them out for another brand. And when I get a doll from Volks whose teeth are painted pink along with his lips (Ryu, Shiro v.2), I get out the 100/0 brush & paint their teeth white. These are things I can fix with a minimum of fuss, but which change the doll's appearance completely. Changing eyes & wigs is even easier, swapping in new ones until you find contentment.

Otherwise, I am generally very forgiving of a doll's quirks. An asymmetrical face (Limhwa Mano) or a once-broken nose (Iplehouse Tedros) is endearing... the Volks black mouth-corners also seem to be an integral part of the doll's expression (Ryoya, Ryu, Yo-Isao), so I never end up removing them, no matter how annoying they may be when they show up in profile photos... a persistently ditzy expression, despite a million different eye choices (Iplehouse Mars), leads me to create a wonderfully misty flibbertigibbet of a character...

18. I just recently got my FIRST abjd the one in my sig and avatar. My 'one thing' won't be so bad when I learn how to 'handle' him. BUT his hands are enormous! and his hand shape/pose is just open enough that I may need to remove them if i hope to get some of his outfits on O_O. Not to mention I have no clue now where to get 'jointed' hands for him -_- the ones fellow club members brought to try were punny in comparison. I am not used to these dolls and he is strung tight enough im afraid to accidentally 'unstring' him since I don't know how to do it myself yet. So it will be a while before I work up the nerver to 'remove' his hands just for dressing lol.

Then there are the eyelashes... all you see is about 4 or 5 on each, there are more but all you notice is those few.... I will have to 're-lash' him, once i get over the anxiety of modding such an expencive doll ><

19. First off, I'm in love with my new little guy, Beau (Limhwa / Eosdoll Mono), but the one little thing about him that I don't like are his hands. Limhwa must have the ugliest little hands of any BJD I've ever seen. They look sort of deformed to me, and his nails are longer than some of my girls' nails. At least I can sand the nails, but there's nothing I can do about the hand shape. But still, I love him.

20. Yeah gotta admit when I got my doll I wasn't expecting her mouth to be open and teeth showing, at the wrong angle it makes her look vacant but I can't do face-ups or afford to send it off so I'll have to deal with it. If I could I'd redo her mouth and not paint the teeth in.