1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

That one turn-off

Aug 2, 2012

1. lol! Yeah, they're scary.

For me, I'm another one who has a hard time with white skin. I think a lot of people get it looking really nice, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to get the faceup and blushing to suit the skintone, and it would just look plasticy. Also, I'd be afraid of the sun ruining the poor doll, so I wonder if I'd play with it at all.

2. I prefer thinner dolls, so I'm not a fan of the male iplehouse bodies. medium muscle is perfect for me. :)

3. Huge ears, that stick out. I don't know why, but so many sculpts seem to have these, and I can't stand it. Dx

4. Derp, delete please.

5. Ok, I just looked them up, and you're right. That is scary. Even the 'small' bust looks like huge implants!

6. Badly engineered eye sockets!! Gah. Gappy eyes are the thorn in my dollie side, for sure. Also, very large and muscular bodies are a big no-go for me.

7. Yes to this one! That's my biggest turnoff, when you can see the ribs on a doll that also has abs, my brain will not accept that this is possible. Granted, doesn't matter much while the doll is dressed, but it will bother me too much just to know that it's under there...

8. Noses so sharp and pointy you could slice meat or pierce ears with them.

Male bodies so ripped they looked like they've been flayed alive. I like muscle definition but there's a line.

Not terribly excited about helium boobs.

No paddle hands. No jazz hands either. I like a pretty and elegant, dare I say, balletic hand.

Really childish faces on mature bodies. Just eeew.

Speaking of faces, I steer clear of angry, annoyed, or mournful looking dolls. I don't need to be glared at or blubbered at by inanimate objects. I get enough of that from my flesh and blood kid, I don't need my dolls busting my chops, too.

9. Unrealistically ripped male bodies, chunky/poorly sculpted hands, overly shiny resin. :eek:

10. I would say big boobs and overly done hourglass figures. I think they just start to look too much like Barbie! I also dislike extremely childish faces on more adult looking bodies.

11. Hands are almost as important as face sculpt to me. If I don't like the hands I won't get the doll; and it has put me off quite a few dolls in the past. Shovel-hands, flipper-hands, tiny fingers, pointed fingers, awkward positions, noodley or sausage hands, poorly sculpted, disproportionate & a lack of definition.
      I like nice hands, and to be really picky, I'd like a variety of nice hands in fun poses. It's not like you can just... get them teeny tiny gloves, or stick mittens on them... XD

Turn off #2 is really more of a personal preference; but is it too much to ask for swivel-thighs? They add -so- much more mobility to a doll, I don't know why some places still don't have them. (and I don't like the idea of taking a hacksaw to my dolls legs to fix it)

Turn off #3 Poke-your-eye-out nipples. :/ Kicker is you don't really notice it until they're home and you try to dress them, and it looks like they've been out in -10 degrees...

12. ~Tear ducts that are too close together... this makes the eyes look closer together, which makes the doll look forever cross-eyed to me.
      ~Two front teeth. I don't mind a little white line to be like, "Hey look, teeth! Cute!" But two front buck teeth are just... Guh. Not to my tastes. (I get that this is a faceup thing, but still.)
      ~Joint between the belly button and pelvic bone (on girls). It just weirds me out. I get that it's a natural place to bend, but it always looks funky.

There's always more, but those are the absolute no not ever in my life things.

13. YES. These are the worst >.<

14. Ok... Mine is fingernails. Typically im fine, there are things I dislike but the one thing thats actually stopped me from buying a doll was its nails. Coughlimhwacough. Absolutely beautiful dolls but crazy growing at a 45 degree angle fingernails freak me out!

15. OMG... which sculpts? Because I love huge ears that stick out and can't seem to find any!

16. Double joints that are too bulbous. Honestly, I just don't like double joints that make it look like the elbow or knee bends in two places. My 1/3 scale girl is single-jointed for that exact reason.

17. YES. The Hujoo MSD action dolls look like aliens!! Those elbows just... what? Even Doll Chateau had almost too much of that for me, but I got over it (probably because my incoming girl is fey, so natural human joints didn't really matter...).

18. I agree with Bandersnatch about hands! The sculpt of the hands is very important to me, and I will not buy a doll that has subpar hands. Tiny hands on an SD boy are my biggest beef; it's a total turn-off.

19. I agree on unrealistic body parts, unless it is supposed to be elf like or a centaur or something, (dou to being long lifed they age slowly in the face, they cant help that) but even on them their is a line, also, expression does matter, unless the characer you have in mind is bad @ss

20. I dislike any head with an "extreme" expression - like a really, really wide smile that's meant to show teeth or even have the mouth open. I don't know why but they almost always weird me out.