1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

That one turn-off

Aug 2, 2012

1. I hate those "balls for tits" most dols have. I think its a mold issue, to get the body out of the mold well. But i will not reject a doll for it. Dremel and sandpaper.....

Non of my girls still have their original breasts, they are all shaped according to pictures of real woman.

2. When a doll doesn't come with (a lot of) optional parts like different hand options. I like to change the pose of my doll frequently so I need at least a little bit of variety^^

3. Too big breasts, facial expressions that are too specific (like the Angel Philia with her tongue out, a crying doll, or a huge smile with visible teeth), and most of all SD sizes. It's way too big for me. Sadly there are amazing SD dolls but I will never buy them :(

4. My biggest turn offs are:
      large breasts, I really prefer the pear shape and I find big boobs on my dolls (for some reason this doesn't apply to other peoples' dolls, I have no problem appreciating the beauty in their large boobs) to be obnoxious and not very attractive.
      Straight bodies. I want my dolls to have curves and/or an interesting shape, not just like a stick.
      And pretty much any boy doll. I don't know what it is, but I just really dislike every boy doll I've seen. (But maybe one day I'll find the one)

5. Unrealistic chests are a major turn off for me. Big balloon breasts on dolls is not my cup of tea.

6. The position that a doll is, is it good quality or bad. I also cares on about the doll face ups, If face up doesn't attracts me, I won't buy it, unless I can change the face up to a better move.

7. my one turn off xD that ahego face x.x it creeps me out

8. My turn offs are for sure too big of a chest x.x that's just over doing it and really not appealing to me in any way. Also the facial expressions on that one sculpt of Unoa with the open mouth (forgive me I do not know much about the sculpt or the name) kinda gross me out.:roll: Or to be honest, any over dramatic facial expression.

9. Wide open mouth, specific expression of a face ( mad or crying or wampire or like AngelPhillia have), sleepy eyes joined with high placed eyebrows which gaves that "on drugs" face. Too big eyeholes, unproportionally to the rest of a face, taking a half of a head, too small mouth with that weird sth like bambicrony have, too big boobs like a joined balls, too straight body - doll needs to look good naked, not like a piece of wood with sticks in place of arms and legs. I don't accept any extra parts - extra face under the hair, extra arms going from the back, totally off with everything is Pashapasha. No gore, no piercing, no big tatoos everywhere - dolls from mp. Need to see a blank head always to check if the doll without a makeup looks good and what I can do with her. And sometimes - like recently - I just need to get my grail doll to my hansd to find out that 3 years of dreaming about her were a waste of time - body movement and that "something" was that turn off with her and I had to sold her immediately.
      Very long list ;) but I find buying a doll not so easy when I want to avoid these things. Oh, and a price. Over 600$ is a greed, not a fair price for something made in more than one copy.

10. - Wonky animal anatomy. Stuff like mermaid tails with evident knees/calves/butts, or centaurs with non-stylized, incorrect horse halves. Cartoony is fine.
      - Faces that are super expressive. I love the sculpts, but I can't imagine owning a doll that constantly looks like it's yelling, crying, sticking its tongue out, etc. I prefer neutral faces.
      - Droopy/melty looking faces? I'm not a huge fan of the style Angel Philia or Doll Pamm do for some of their faces (which sucks because I love their bodies honestly.)

When I got my first doll, I would have also said "giant unnatural breasts" but I think they have their place; as long as the rest of the body is in the same hentai-ish aesthetic, I don't mind.

11. OMG, yes! The main problem is that the muscles are super-defined. I prefer bodies like Volks SDGr, or the old Supergem: A little muscle-tone, but not Arnold Schwarzenegger in disguise. Not everyone has time to spend every day in the gym for six hours.

12. There's a few things that I'd rather keep out of my collection!

- Pointy power nipples. They poke through clothes, they stare me in the face, and they're...well. Pointy.
      - Exceptionally long/ornate elf ears. I’m rough with my dolls, so I know they won’t last. Instant pass.
      - 3 piece torsos with limited movement. Why have a 3 piece torso if you can’t even cock the hips or slouch? Lies! Scandal! Begone!
      - Gummy hotdog fingers. I’m used to my dolls slapping themselves across the face. I’d prefer if the hand that chipped the faceup at least looked great doing it.
      - Teeny tiny eyes. Looks neat sometimes, but I’m about the bug-eyed life.
      - Wide wide frog-like mouths with droopy, exaggerated lips.

Now, the fun: trying to find a doll that has all of these going for it...

13. Really muscular male bodies! I don't have as much interest in male BJDs but I think that's partly because most male bodies are so unrealistic and weird-looking to me. I prefer more realistic and gentle-looking bodies in general.

14. Escaflowne noses. (Lol at least that's what I call them) The first example that comes to my mind is Dikadoll's boy Edime; at first I really fell in love with him, I swear I was about to buy him, but then I saw his nose in profile and... nope. I can't stand those super pointy noses with arched bridges, they ruin the whole doll's head in my opinion :( which makes me really sad because for a couple of weeks I truly thought that Edime was going to be my first doll :v

15. One piece torso... drives me nuts. Another major turn off is small SD heads. 8" circumference heads seem an awkward SD size to me... had to sell my little Monica sarubia because of her head size. Sometimes the head can be a perfect 8-9 or 9-10 but with a super tiny face, which looks odd on a SD body with a standard neck width. My peakswoods girls were not blending in with my other SD girls for that reason.

16. Only two for me really.
      • Crying dolls. That Mona doll makes me all kinds of uncomfortable. Not a fan of open mouthed dolls either.
      • 'Art' bodies. I don't know what else to call them; that DC style of elongated/extra limbs, odd bumps and horns, tiny squished faces with pouty lips. I appreciate what went into them but they're just too off-putting for me. I like dolls that have a regular old boring human body.

17. It really bothers me when a dolls nose is too small. I don't know why but somehow I just can't appreciate a sculpt anymore once I notice it's nose isn't quite right. :sweat

18. I prefer slim and slender looking head sculpt more than chubby and round sculpt.
      I consider them as cute but the proportion of their head tends to be too big for the body for my taste, and that's my immediate no.
      I've seen so many beautiful photo of dolls with big head but I believe I could never pull off a good customisation on any of them.

19. My biggest turn off is dolls that are just blandly pretty.

Also dolls with super defined muscles. Eugh

20. Hmmmm... I have a few:

- Bobble heads! This actually didn't bother me in the past (my first doll is bobble-headed), but now it drives me crazy! Just makes the doll feel off-balance and kind of... immature, I guess?
      - Eyes where the lower lid is "downturned". I really don't know how to describe it properly, but it's a certain eye shape I see a lot, especially with Volks.
      - Like many others, faces that really can only do one expression. I think Fairyland's PongPong is an exception, though.
      - Art dolls. They're fascinating to look at, but just not for me.