1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Best of 2010

Dec 30, 2010

1. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar

• New Company for 2010: I'm sadly not very knowledgable about new companies, I seem to get stuff from older companies.
      • New Male Sculpt for 2010: Soom IDealian Hyperon has totally captured my heart.
      • New Female Sculpt for 2010: Fairyland Minifee and Feeple 65 Chloe, both are gorgeous. I also adore Armeleia's Inkling.
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2010: I'm thoroughly intrigued by the Spiritdoll Dark Wonderland dolls even though I have a deep dislike of Alice in Wonderland stuff.
      • BJD Outfit for 2010: Feeple 65 Chloe's Moonlight outfit is really beautiful.
      • BJD Shoes for 2010: Not much of an opinion here.
      • BJD Accessory for 2010: A lot of the Soom fantasy parts are quite interesting from 2010, and I also like Peapod Doll's optional parts.
      • Doll "innovation" for 2010: I live in a cave in the doll world so I don't really know many innovations...
      • Free Event Item in 2010: Feeple 65 Chloe's henna arm is pretty amazing.
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2010: Again, I live in a cave. Don't know much about events.
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2010: *happily living in her cave still*

:goldstarIn 2010, how many...:goldstar

• ...doll events did you attend? Uhm. Maybe one?
      • ...dolls did you buy? A lot... Not sure, but probably around 15. Sold most of them later.
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? Just one...Inkling. I really wish I'd ordered her.
      • ...dolls did you sell? Probably about the same as how many I bought, 15 or so.
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? I think one or two? Not many.

:goldstarIn 2010, did you...:goldstar

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? More, always.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? I guess so, since Minifee Chloe immediately became a dream doll of sorts and I ordered her!
      • ...find a new dream doll? Yes, definitely. Volks Pearl is my new obsession.
      • ...learn a new skill? Not really learning new ones so much as improving old ones.
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? See above. Have been improving faceups, cleaning, restringing, sueding, etc, skills.

2. Actually the best thing in 2010 is I get involved in this hobby . xD

:goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar

• New Company for 2010: every company is new to me. lol. but for a really 2010 company i choose two s doll
      • New Male Sculpt for 2010: Kid Delf Pine. Iplehouse Tedros. Volks Williams Young Ensign
      • New Female Sculpt for 2010: SOOM Minette centaur. Puki Ante
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2010: LUTS The General in Dark Warriors Regen. Armor is so hot.. :D
      • Body : (additional from me) i LOVE feeple 65 boy body.
      • BJD Outfit for 2010: BABY, THE STARS SHINE BRIGHT Mariage du Poupée Dress Set
      • BJD Shoes for 2010: Heart Mary Jane shoes . (Volks Yo Alice shoes)
      • Doll "innovation" for 2010: Fairyland Chicline def. They are awesome. Oh and soom centaur gem
      • Free Event Item in 2010: LTF Duck faceplate.

zero for everything. haha. I'm new and only a student.

no and no. except that i learnt a lot about BJDs. :)

3. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar

• New Male Sculpt for 2010: EID Tedros & Idealian Hyperon
      • New Female Sculpt for 2010: Soom Breccia
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2010: Volks Hijikata & the entire Iplehouse Tokyo Story
      • BJD Outfit for 2010: Souldoll Kagel outfit

• ...doll events did you attend? 1
      • ...dolls did you buy? 13
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? 2
      • ...dolls did you sell? 1 body
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? didn't really count them

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? 10 more *_*
      • ...acquire your dream doll? yes
      • ...find a new dream doll? yes
      • ...learn a new skill? yes
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? yes

4. :goldstarWhat is your favorite...:goldstar

• New Company for 2010: DreamHighStudios
      • New Male Sculpt for 2010: all soom xD?
      • New Female Sculpt for 2010: DZ annie and all soom xD
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2010: Zack the ripper ;_;
      • BJD Outfit for 2010:Zack the ripper too ;_;
      • BJD Shoes for 2010: dunno D: ... all boots
      • BJD Accessory for 2010:n/A
      • Doll "innovation" for 2010:all new fantasy parts :)
      • Free Event Item in 2010: the DZ dragon/momo and fairyland eventhead D:
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2010: fairyland <3
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2010: n/A

• ...doll events did you attend? 0 (i´m new)
      • ...dolls did you buy? 1 yay my first
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? many but zack was the hardest ;_;
      • ...dolls did you sell? 0
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? 0

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? i planned 1 and i bough 1 :)
      • ...acquire your dream doll? yep my DZ Mo was tghe first sculp i was in love with and i thought he´s SD and super expensive but i found out he´s not that expensive ;A;<3
      • ...find a new dream doll? Many ... ;_;
      • ...learn a new skill?I learned to sew i learned to sculpt i made my first faceup <3
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? sewing :)

5. What is your favorite...
      • New Male Sculpt for 2010: Migidoll Noel
      • New Female Sculpt for 2010: Supia Emma
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2010: Soom MD Chalco
      In 2010, how many...
      • ...dolls did you buy? One--Supia tan Rosy :aheartbea
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? I suppose Chalco... *sigh*

In 2010, did you...
      • ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? I bought my one dream doll, and that's exactly what I planned to do.
      • ...acquire your dream doll? Yes!
      • ...find a new dream doll? I found a couple, but I don't plan on buying any more dolls soon. ;)

6. A little late jumping on the band wagon, but I might as well *grabs straw and banjo and hops on*

What is your favorite...

• New Company for 2010: WITHDoll
      • New Male Sculpt for 2010: Loongsoul Morgan
        [​IMG]
      • New Female Sculpt for 2010: Dragon Doll Dai
        [​IMG]
      • Limited Edition Fullset for 2010: WITHDoll Juwell
        [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
      • BJD Outfit for 2010: DZ Raph Outfit
        [​IMG][​IMG]
      • BJD Shoes for 2010: WITHdoll Belun Shoes
      • BJD Accessory for 2010: Ringdoll Red Glasses
      • Doll "innovation" for 2010: IMPLdoll offering with or without mobility joint
      • Free Event Item in 2010: Fairyland 2010 Juri head
      • BJD Event or Contest in 2010: Mintoncardinc Ringdoll photo contest -- didn't win but I had a lot of fun doing it!
      • BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2010: I didn't really see any except in a magazine I saw a queer looking clown BJD.

In 2010, how many...

• ...doll events did you attend? Two! One at a meet, one with two friends!
      • ...dolls did you buy? 12, my entire collection! + 2 heads
      • ...dolls did you miss out on buying? WITHdoll Juwell and SOOM Shoshon
      • ...dolls did you sell? None! *happy*
      • ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? a LOAD at the meet and my cousin who happens to love dolls, I never knew!

In 2010, did you...

• ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? MORE! I planned for 1, now I have 12+2 heads
      • ...acquire your dream doll? 1 of them!
      • ...find a new dream doll? Many T^T
      • ...learn a new skill? Faceups! with Watercolours, chalk pastels and acrylics!
      • ...improve on something you knew how to do already? UM. Save my Money? No. Learn to calm myself in a face of a sale? No. I haven't improved on what I want to improve upon yet it seems ^_^'

7. What is your favorite...

* Limited Edition Fullset for 2010: Soom Monzo <3.

In 2010, how many...

* ...doll events did you attend? I'd say about 15? Quite a few I think.
      * ...dolls did you buy? Urgh...probably about 10-20 including heads.
      * ...dolls did you miss out on buying? Few Sooms
      * ...dolls did you sell? I dont sell :3
      * ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? I think I had met them all before xD

In 2010, did you...

* ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? More
      * ...acquire your dream doll? I acquired some wishlist stuff but not my dream doll.
      * ...find a new dream doll? Yes, Souldoll hanged man.
      * ...improve on something you knew how to do already? Face-upping

8. What a great idea to post this! :)

What is your favorite...

•New Company for 2010:
      Dream High Studio?
      •New Male Sculpt for 2010: Volks Yo-SD White Rabbits
      •New Female Sculpt for 2010: FL Realpuki Kaka
      •Limited Edition Fullset for 2010: Volks Yo-SD Alice
      •BJD Outfit for 2010: Soul Doll Double Girl GD ensemble
      •BJD Shoes for 2010: Val Z's for Haute Doll Magazine
      •BJD Accessory for 2010: Volks Golden Crowning Chair
      •Doll "innovation" for 2010: Sorry, I can't think of any for this year.
      •Free Event Item in 2010:FL Pukipuki Hook Hand
      •BJD Event or Contest in 2010: Volks NYC Dolpa
      •BJD Article, Book, Magazine or other Publication in 2010: Volks Another Yourself 2 Book

In 2010, how many...

•...doll events did you attend?
      •...dolls did you buy? 6 (YIKES!)
      •...dolls did you miss out on buying? 1
      •...dolls did you sell? 0
      •...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? Several

In 2010, did you...

•...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned?
      More
      •...acquire your dream doll? Yes, a few of them!
      •...find a new dream doll? Oh good gravy YES! Volks SD16 Ruby from Another Yourself 2!!!
      •...learn a new skill? Yes, how to remove eyes that've been hot-glued in!
      •...improve on something you knew how to do already? I'm always honing my skills.

9. What is your favorite...

* New Company for 2010: Victorian Winter
      * New Male Sculpt for 2010: RS Wu
      * New Female Sculpt for 2010: RS Rong
      * Limited Edition Fullset for 2010: Withdoll Juwel Dark Ranger fullset
      * Doll "innovation" for 2010: 1/4 high heel feet from RS!
      * Free Event Item in 2010: DZ's little dragon guys.
      * BJD Event or Contest in 2010: RS's Holiday Event saved me some good money. :)

In 2010, how many...

* ...doll events did you attend? None. Well, sorta. I attended one, but only one other person came to it.
      * ...dolls did you buy? Three.
      * ...dolls did you miss out on buying? I don't feel I missed anything.
      * ...dolls did you sell? Zero
      * ...doll hobbyists did you meet in person for the first time? Two.

In 2010, did you...

* ...buy more/fewer dolls than you had planned? I don't have a set time frame for when I have to buy the dolls on my list. I think I got a fair amount.
      * ...acquire your dream doll? Well, I got my PD Tara. I saw her on the MP and fell in love. She's totally stunning with her full body blushing and perfect face up. Plus.. she was only $160 shipping included. I majorly lucked out.
      * ...find a new dream doll? Yeh... I want a Limho Mono hardcore, but I want to wait for the company to get it's stuff together before I dare buy him.. :sigh
      * ...learn a new skill? I learned I'm fabulous at doing face-ups. I learned how to make clothing in 1/4 scale. I learned how to restring a doll.. and a lot of other things!
      * ...improve on something you knew how to do already? This is my first year in the hobby. :)