1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The best purchase you've ever made?

Feb 18, 2019

1. Wire. Thick gauge, flexible wire. The day I bought that was the day my 60cm ResinSouls went from being kicky, spazzy, nightmares, to graceful, cooperative dreams. I had stopped seeing how beautiful they were because of the posing problems but now I love their body sculpts.

2. I had a toe in the hobby for a real long time, unsure if I was committed to spending an exorbitant amount of money on one doll, when I saw a beautiful custom LotR-inspired dress on eBay made by @amaeta. I bought the dress eons before I ever got an SD girl to put it on, but it's the one thing that made me realize this hobby was definitely it for me. Not only are the dolls absolutely amazing, there's a beautifully talented community that comes with it! (The dress is now probably close to fifteen years old and is still worn by my girls almost all the time.)

3. My 2nd doll which I got 2nd hand while visiting Tokyo, at the time i didn't care for sculpts or companies, all I wanted was a cute SD13 boy with black hair and blue eyes, and to be lucky enough to find him during my short visit to Tokyo (coz buying a bjd online was an impossible idea where I live) I bought him without even knowing his sculpt (silly newbie :lol:), and I got him a black wig and blue eyes on the spot and we bonded instantly! As I searched later I found he is a volks school head C on SD13 body. He is still my favorite until now :love

4. A dress from Iplehouse that I bought from a friend. I was looking for a dress for my Red Queen, and I'd been eyeing that one for a while on Iple's website but wasn't sure whether to get it since I needed it for a Volks SD16 and wasn't sure it would fit. My friend happened to not only own it but also wanting to sell it. She was willing to mail it to me so I could try it on the doll and mail it back to her if it didn't fit. Turned out it wasn't only a good fit but also, THE perfect dress for the Red Queen, so I kept it and sent my friend the money instead. :)

5. Fresh, new eye putty for me - having wrestled with old, crumbling putty, it’s so much nicer to have some kneadable stuff. I’ve also heard that blu-tack and similar can be bad for resin, so the doll specific stuff puts my mind at ease.

6. Probably when I realized a thread spool holder worked amazingly well for wigs.
      I was so tired of them getting squished.

[​IMG]

7. I only started collecting this year and got my first girl Fairyland Littlefee then I saw the pirate outfit from Fairland on ebay which I thought would be perfect for her so glad I got it as she looks amazing in it. It was then that I found its not just the doll in this hobby but all the other bits that make it fun and brings said doll to life

8. The best purchase I've ever made, if we are not talking about the dolls themselves, must be the couple of Wimukt outfits for my Yo-SD girl. I was having a hard time finding casual childish clothing for her so those outfits were a huge discovery. She just feels almost a real little girl when she is wearing one of them. They are a huge part of who she is.

9. Honestly I got a great deal when I bought a pair of Minifee Eva Fullset resin shoes for $20. I don’t own any shoes as of now and they’re so pretty!

10. The best purchase I've made in this hobby is definitely my first doll, Nadeko (VOLKS SDG Megu)!
      I had been interested in BJDs for many years before getting her but she's the one who started it all and really made a positive impact on my life. :3nodding:

11. My best purchase if not a doll, are acrylic eyes. They show much better than glass with light. If It's dolls, I'll say my yo-tenshi hybrid f-01 girls, my Megu, Una, and Kira. They are so damn adorable that every time I see them, it lights the f-01 fire under my ass, and I go super saiyan with the drive to have all the F-01's!!! OoO!!!!!

12. Besides the obvious: carrier bags. I now have one in each size of doll I own (even my off-topic Cocoriang tinies have a Sumikko Gurashi bubble tea keychain holder) and they've made transport so, so, so mercifully easy. I can't emphasize how convenient they are.

13. The kit to make my own eyes. Not needing to order from god knows where just to get a tiny thing. Now I can just go "I wonder how this doll would look with green eyes?" make green eyes, then see. Even if they're not good and I need to get new better ones, it gives me a chance to see.

14. For me it has to be a set of outfits I purchased from Sadol. They were a little bit expensive for me so I had hesitated for months. But I am glad that I eventually decided to get them because they are just perfect for my doll's character. They are well made with extensive details and I think I might keep buying from Sadol if I see something I like next time.

15. I would have to say the huge wooden display cabinet for my dolls I purchased second-hand at Goodwill...for a grand total of $12.99. This was a very expensive piece of furniture by a major furniture manufacturer back in the day of fat-back TVs, with a very large display space (enough for two huge rooms), with 4 deep drawers for clothing storage underneath. Because of the quality it looks amazing in my livingroom, and once decorated it has become a gorgeous work of free-standing art...not to mention the incredible display benefit to my collection.:)

#36 PoeticSoul, Sep 15, 2020
      Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    16. I need to update my initial post here, the Del Prado miniature classics library is definitely my new best purchase ever.
      They're real books :love

[​IMG]

#37 Arekushia, Oct 3, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    17. I talk about it all the time, but my best purchase was my Migidoll Siho. I'm just so jazzed to have such a handsome boy in my collection, I am super happy. :) If I hadn't gotten him, he would've become my grail doll, I think.

18. I brought a rosenlied holiday basic ribbon at doll show in HK
      The make up is so nice I love it soooo much!

19. Ooooooh! This is amazing! I think I am on the lookout for one now! <3