1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The best resin in Dollfie company.....

May 1, 2008

1. All resin yellows, it's just that white skin is more noticeable compared to normal skin. French resin yellows the fastest more then urethane.

2. I can only really vote on 2 which is Volks and Luts. I love both their resin quality and durabilty.

3. I see... but I wondering... if the white skin is more 'white' maybe the yellowing seems less yellow over the white respect the already pinky-normal skin, that with yellowing can become more yellow respect a white skin?
      I mean is the same yellow over a white and normal skin ? ?

4. It would be the same yellowing over white skin and normal skin. The color might look different but it will change color.

The resin will turn yellow slowly and not noticeably if it is kept away from sunlight. If the resin is exposed to sunlight then it will yellow faster and is more noticeable.

5. I have mostly CPs and an AA....

AA yellows fast....I had my boy for 6-8months already and he is already yellowed....I brought him out alot but he always stayed in his carrier when in outdoors unless its an outdoor photoshoot....

I felt AF and AOD....
      AOD is heavy but the resin isn't really that smooth
      AF is light but resin smooth...
      Both about the same tone

I still love CP even though the resin is alittle uneven...I got a LE head which was bought around 2005 and it hasn't even yellowed that much....(Its almost the same tone as my 2008 resin tone)

DOD is heavy and smooth..
      I haven't seen or carried a volks doll in real life before but i know that the resin quality is great XD

6. I already read two comments about souldoll's resin (and I'm starting to worry a bit, since I'd really like to have their sleeping Ize).
      So I heard it was heavy, guess that's just good. So it is sturdy, and not too thin?
      And does it have a smooth or rough feeling on surface?
      And is it shiny or more matte-like?
      And when the doll arrives, do you see searns of the doll? So that you have to sand them?

7. I'm surprised by the negative comments about DZ resin, as it's really very comparable to most of the other dolls I have, including Serendipity, Elfdoll, older CP, Orientdoll, Domuya etc... especially the older ones.

I think that for yellowing, the worst I've owned personally has been Domuya. Poor Pietr. I love him dearly but wow, did he turn yellow. And so has Bobo. They're both about 2 years old. The quality and feel of the resin is incomparable, though... just like silk to the touch.

I've also got bits and pieces of Volks, DiM, AngelRegion, and Happydoll in the house, and all of them have nice resin. Interestingly, the AngelRegion Pure Milk Dana my daughter owns is frequently in the sun, and you might expect that stark white to have darkened. Not a bit, she's just as beautiful as the day she got here.

Really, I think the major complaints I have for resin are the newer CP/Soom bits and the 70 cm DZ boys, where the companies involved were trying to meet SO many orders. They feel... thinner. My nearly new SS-El head feels plastic-y. The older models on ALL the resins are fantastic. My very first doll was a whiteskinned DZ Megi who, although he has yellowed just a little bit in the over 2 years since he was cast, is one of the most gorgeous things to handle, and feels just as great as an Elfdoll or the wonderful "beauty green" Ttory elf boy I have that's about the same age.

I've had some Volks bodies and a head here, and while they definitely have wonderful resin I don't find a significant difference in quality over the Serendipity, Elfdoll, OD or older CP resins.

8. No, I think you've put your finger on it.

I really think a lot of the discrepancies in experience - and there are definitely a lot of them here - have to do with the time period in which the doll was cast and formula changes the companies have made over time.

Someone was saying she was surprised at the comments about how light the DZ dolls were because she's gotten the opposite reaction from people. I agree. Both of my Megi boys are older and they weigh a ton, and their resin is fabulous. My daughter just got a Shojou (sp?) girl who is like a wisp compared to her.

The same is most definitely true of the CP/Luts dolls.

I haven't had a newer Volks in hand to compare the resin but knowing how much experience you've had, Raven, I would definitely trust your judgment in that regard!

9. So Dollzone resin is good? Why I read the resin is a little tinner and light?

I read also that Dollzone is from China.. and the prize of Dollzone is inferior respect to the most resin's companies... maybe their resin is a little inferior because is made in china? I would love to buy a doll from dollzone, but all these things I read make me feel insecure.... theres other that own a dollzone and can assicure me that the resin is like other? Like luts or Fairyland for example?

I own a bluefairy... can you tell me what difference with dollzone? The resin is not so heavy ?

10. Every companies resin is different but dollzone is okay for the price but its not going to stand up to luts or volks. i wouldnt worry about buying a doll if u want one though

11. I have only had my girl a year and I can't see any yellowing on her.
      She a Luts ns. I think time will tell on this. I think people who own
      the very first dolls need to keep us posted on how they are doing.
      I did see one older doll that yellowed and took on a greenish sweaty
      cast, he didn't seem any less loved for it though ~~!

12. I have to say I have mixed feelings about Volks resin o.o;

I have two Volks dolls, both Yo-Tenshis (one is a Kasumi and one is a Kuuta hybrid). My Kasumi's resin seems yellow and shiney while my Kuuta's is pinkier and matte. Such an odd difference o.o;... maybe one is UV protect? I have no idea how old either are.

But the weight and feel of Volks is certainly better to me - quite heavy, sturdy <3

Quite the opposite of my little Lati - very light, and I feel like if I squeeze those little hands too tight they might just break! But this could be due to her tiny size - her head and body feel more study - although still not as sturdy as my Volks girls. My Lati seems impervious to yellowing so far, but she's only been here a while, so we'll see XD

As for CP, mixed feelings. I have a Lishe who has yellowed quite a lot in the last two years I've owned her! Like... from pink to yellow-peach! I only noticed when I sent her head away for a face-up and asked the artist to sand her seams first. The artist said her resin was yellow and she would have to sand the whole head. When I got the head back it was a different colour from the body! It soon evened out though - the yellowing is very even on her. Even though I always have her body covered up, placing a hand on her torso shows it's the same colour, which makes me think it was natural and not due to light exposure. The resin feels light-weight, but is very very durable, very thick and sturdy - I've dropped her from great heights without her sustaining a scratch!

My Luts Senior Delfs though... a little different. A small metal ring for a finger caused a big mark in the resin of said finger that is still there today. I also had to sand down my senior girl's chest the other day because the resin there was very blotchy and badly cast. She is fine now, but it is something that always bothered me. This resin seems more... flexible? I can squeeze their fingers and they move position a little while is fairly worrying. And with such spread-out hands on my boys I always have to make sure they are padded when travelling, but this is only really a problem to me on the boys hands and the ankle parts of both (the girls hands are more closed together, so I don't worry so much). But the resin is nice and creamy without nasty orange or sickly pink tones, which is nice. None are old enough to yellow yet though. But it does seem like rough casting is frequent - my Cian came to me with quite a rough head I've had to sand down.

DoD, I've had two MSDs. Theor resin seemed very very shiney amdalmost soft. I managed to damage a wrist by fitting an S-hook to replace some ugly red string they had been using. And the back of the head was horridly scratched up from the headcap. The resin also seems to yellow quickly, and sometimes unevenly. Then again, this was OLD skin. I've not handled the newer ones much, but from the ones I've seen at meets they seem much paler even aged.

Dollzone resin... not like. I've seen and handled the yellow-ish one. It feets thin and light and I'm not fond of the colour. But still, not so bad I'd avoid it or anything. Sturdy enough for the doll at least.

Migidoll is LOVE. So much like Volks - heavy, sturdy, and nice and thick. The eyelids aren't too thin too, which is good, as this is often a mistake on small-eyed, more realistic dolls.

I've handled Dollshe too - now there is a contender with Volks! Heavy, sturdy, matte. It looks very matte too which is nice. But I've not seen an old or yellowed one and do not yet own one (waiting!) so can't say much.

I couldn't really give numbered ratings ^^;

13. i have a AR Jade and a WS DIM angelo neither of which i have noticed any yellowing on. i have had the Jade for 2 years and the Angelo for 1.

DIM- Resin wise i really like my Angelo. :) he has really smooth skin and the only place it's shiny is his hands. he came from a previous owner so i wonder about those hands. >.o they look like they might have had something done to them. He also has a nice solid weight and i haven't managed to scratch him, so i'd say he's pretty durable.

AR- hmmm she's a little light i think but very durable. i think i might have dropped her a time or two and no harm done. her resin is a nice color but does have a few rough spots. also when she came she had a small indent on her butt which i'm pretty sure was an imperfection from casting as it's really smooth? O.o

14. The old AA resin is very nice. I've taken my boy out every single day in all weather and he hasn't even yellowed at all. He's also taken a hell of alot of abuse, there's been some nasty falls, and not so much as a mark :3

CP I like too :3

Edit: I also love the feel of AS resin. So soft <3

15. The old DZ body I had was pretty heavy and had a very nice weight to it. I don't know if it's still the same now though.

16. 1) Volks vote 1 to 10: I'd give it a 10, it really is the mother of all resin. It actually feels soft, I just love it it's perfect. the colour is amazing and the quality isn't hard to notice. Consistency is super!

2) Dream of Dolls vote 1 to 10: A 9 i'd say. I love how it's not chalky but not shiny either, its a reasonable weight and quite thick, I love the colours because they are unique to DOD. They always yellow nicely, consistency might be a chore but they're still 2nd up in my books.

3) Blue Fairy vote 1 to 10: I've yet to have the pleasure of holding a Blue Fairy.

4) Dollzone vote 1 to 10: Although the white skin I got was chalky I didn't think it felt cheap, it wasn't thin, it was similar to the thickiness of DOD. It still felt durable and is a pretty good resin. I'm not sure about consitency though. As for colours the White I had was pretty yellow, but the NS was quite lovely. :) I'd say a 7/10.

5) Fairyland vote 1 to 10: Not had one yet, would it be similar to CP?

6) Luts vote 1 to 10: in my opinion CP resin feels weird xD, almost plasticy, its thick and durable and heavy which are its good points. it has reasonable Consistency, though sometimes your not so lucky ><. Colours are rather bold though, at least they are lately. I have two NS CP's and one is VERY orange and one is Bold Peach. Feel very solid and stiff, don't give the impression of softness to me to I sometimes feel like Im dealing with a hunk of wood. 7/10.

7) Soom vote 1 to 10: No Soom's either xD

Other Resins:
      Iplehouse: 8/10 Pretty chalky but sturdy, thinner than other resins but has a very realistic colour. Not sure about consistency.

K-doll: 6/10, I have a Kill_U head from K-Doll and it's quite thin, though it's proably not as fragile as it seems, still I love all of Kdolls scuplt so the thiness doesn't bother me. It was chalky but Im sure that would be fixed with the face-up.

Ninodoll: 9/10 I love ninodoll heads. They are thick and sturdy anf durable, remind me a lot of volks, they feel soft too. :D feel safe handling a nino head.

17. Gwenllian is a Souldoll and I love that she is a little heavy to hold, I'm more nervous around things that are light to hold because its easy to underestimate how strong a grip you have on them and they can break. Because Gwenllian is heavier, I'm always aware of her.

The first thing I noticed when my Bobobie arrived was the difference in resin. Don't get me wrong, Gwenllian does have smooth resin...but the Bobobie resin was just incredibly smooth and soft to touch. In comparison Gwenllian felt grainy, but by herself, when I'm not comparing her, her resin is very smooth. Her resin is matte and it's a creamy colour already so I guess yellowing would be harder to spot.

She does have seams, but I like them and they're not too noticeable anyway and she is as sturdy as anything - She stands well when she's barefoot, but in shoes she's rock-solid, so I don't have any heart-attacks when she's posing:lol::fangirl:

18. I can only comment in comparison to SOOM resin but my experiance of dollzone resin is that it is incredibly sturdy and I love the feel it reminds me of really soft 'buttery' leather, I don't think it yellows much but I have a yellowy normal so its hard to say

when I got my SOOM boy he seemed really frail and brittle in comparison, I am used to it now and am actually learning to love the delicate feel, but I was afraid to touch him at first after being used to a much sturdier doll

19. Oh thank you for such a good details! :D

20. Hi. I read the post about the person with the DIM doll with shiny hands. Mine came with a shiny torso. I wrote them and they said sometimes the resin just comes out that way. I think they recommendedrubbing it with one of those magic white sponges.
      Robin