1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The best resin in Dollfie company.....

May 1, 2008

1. Terve! You're very welcome :)

I could take some pictures of Gwenllian's seams and joints if you want to see for yourself whether you like them or not? She has an old Souldoll Soulkid immature body, so there may be some differences between the newer dolls and older, retired dolls, but probably not much.:D

2. thanks for the tip! :fangirl: i sat and scrubbed at him for a bit with the magic eraser and i started to notice a difference between his 2 hands. so that does work for shiny DIM resin.

3. I have some friends that have DZ dolls and love them--I've handled them frequently enough to be able to say that DZ resin is comparable to the resin of a lot of other companies. Being from China has little to do with it, I think. There are a number of Chinese companies who make very nice dolls. A lot comes down to personal preference, and as someone else pointed out fluctuations between different batches. Excepting some fluke, you should get a nice well made doll.

4. I don't know which is the best resin between all...between my dolls I think is the DOD.
      I love the consistency of the resin and its color. Consider I have a DOC white normal resin doll I bought some months ago.
      On the opposite side I think I can put my DIM. She has a very yellowish resin. I don't like it too much.

5. If you don't mind, then, sure, it would be great! :D

6. I've been hearing that many say that Luts resin is superior in texture and feel to other resins[excluding French resin]. What do you say on this, and do some companies have more durable resin, ect?
      I'm looking into getting a body for a migidoll head, and need a good opinion on what you think.

7. I think it's all personal preference. Some people enjoy a smooth resin, others like a bit of tooth. Personally, I love the graininess of my Limhwa, (a bit pebble-y and feels more like skin to me). But I know others who prefer a smoother feel.

8. I have a Luts, a Volks, some Custom House, a Narin (french resin), some Elfdoll, and a couple of little Banjis... and can't honestly say I've noticed any differences in the resin except colour.

I see a lot of talk about how "superior" french resin is, for example, and I really don't see any difference.

Teddy

9. One of my friends has a Luts Lishe with super-smooth resin with no hint of texture at all, while my Custom House Choa has a rougher, more "velvety" texture, so there are definitely differences in resin textures as well as resin colors. There's also a difference in density/thickness... Choa weighs a lot more than Lishe, even though they're both 57cm girls!

10. I always thought there is this particular resin "texture" on the surface that differs from one company to another and depends fully on what kind of resin they use. I don't think so anymore.

It might come with "texture" from the company, if it's unsanded. But it's not because of the resin being different, it's because the mold in which it was cast has grainy surface. I believe it happens when they do final spray-coating on the parts that they make molds of and they don't sand it absolutely smooth. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The inner quality of resin, its durability and so on - that yes, it differs.

11. I have two Soulkids and a Bobobie and the Bobobie has flawless, very smooth resin, whilst my Soulkids have a grainier texture, but it feels more real to me. Although I do like the smooth feel of the Bobobie.

12. That is precisely because Bobobie dolls come sanded all over and Souldolls are not :)

13. I don't think that when they're talking about that they mean looks, I think they're talking about durability or something else.

14. I think they mean looks since a lot of them mention it has a more skin-like appearance and translucency and that sort of thing.

{shrug}

Can't see it myself.

But then again I can't see the attraction of wearing polyester and nylon and other synthetic fibres, but lots of people do it, so differnt people perceive things *way* differently, I guess.

Teddy

15. French resin is more translucent. Kinda wax looking. You can see it best on thin parts (ears, noses, fingers). I wouldn't say it makes it human skin-like, but it does look different. Even on photos.

16. How about LatiDoll?

17. i've found my CP El to have quite a gritty feel to his skin, and I wonder if it's been coated with MSC.? Out of all of my resin babies, my Elfdoll is the smoothest and most plasticy to feel, and the others have a slightly more gritty texture- probably with the CP being the most textured. I don't really have a preference; I think they're all lovely :D

18. My Angel of Dream's resin is very smooth and soft feeling- well, maybe not soft, soft implies squishy- but it was unexpected. Maybe it's just him not being sealed up much or handled too long, but it's definitely a more smooth feel than I'm used to holding other people's dolls. It's almost like glass, not with a 'tooth' like porcelain or paper.

19. What about Lati doll reds?
      Not much mention on Lati.
      :]]