1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The best resin in Dollfie company.....

May 1, 2008

1. I only have real experience with DOD DOI, DZ and Bobobie. I haven't had any of them around long enough to know much about yellowing (or greying in the case of my lilac bobobie).
      Dh has a DOI bought from some one here on the market place, he's from about Feb or so. His skin is beautiful, really pale and realistic I think. It has a bit of texture too it, it's not super shiny smooth. He has a really good weight and the resin seems nice and thick.

My dz is more shiny smooth like by comparison. He is brand new just came from junkyspot. He is also very heavy and he just seems sturdy. HE is the yellow skin normal so we will see how he ages.

My bobobie I bought at the begining of June. BB has really really light resin. Her skin is also a bit smoother but not quite as shiny. I don't think he color has changed any yet, and she does get a bit of sun exposure on outings and such. She is definately the thinnest resin of the three.

2. I am Planing on purchasing my first doll and i want an Mini SD - boy But i dont Know what type to get I had and Ideal But resin wise I want one that dosend yellow noticibly ( so i can have out door pohtoshoots ) and is sturdy ( i have a little sister ) and i want to be able to take it out with me somtimes ( i will buy a case for when i co on long trips " lousiana" ) any suggestions Leekeworld dosent have any boys i like and i was thinking about a D.O.C kirhill but the yellowing issue

3. If you don't want yellowing, get one in normal skin, the yellowing is much less noticeable on those (like Delf Kids in real skin, for example). DOD resin is okay, but they only have one skin color, which is pinky white. Although I haven't noticed any change of color of mine and I have them for a year and a half.

Don't get french resin doll.

As for sturdy. Any doll falling down on hard surface is likely to chip somewhere. Resin is harder than regular plastic, but it's no iron cast. So I'd say, if your sister is old enough and behaves well, then you'll just have to explain it to her that she can't play with your doll without your supervision. Or is she's too little, then just don't leave the doll where she could reach it.

4. I used to have a dod doll And i think the resin was nice.
      it was very light and pinky though.
      But now i have a volks and with the other dolls i've touched at meets.
      I would have to say that volks have the best resin.
      the colour is very normal and pretty.
      and the resin is abit heavy soo she poses well.
      it doesnt shine soo it looks good in photos also.

5. I would say Volks is better than Luts hands down as well. I was surprised how light my friend's Luts' Senior Delf was compared to my Volks SD10. Also, just the coloring and feel of the resin itself felt better.

Ah, forgive me. Forgot to include number scale. If I were to give a rating on a number scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the best resin ever, I would give Volks a 9. There is always room for improvement but I'm dang sure satisfied. :)

6. How are the recent DIM resin(and compared to others)? I heard that they change resin year-by-year so I'm guessing that the resin is inconsistent in color every year? o_oa

7. I only have 1 doll, a DoC, which is new, but I love the feel of his resin; it's matted with a bit of texture. X__x I find myself stroking the resin unconsciously when he's sitting in my lap. He's also decently heavy, I was a bit surprised when I got him.

Bottom line is: Dunno about anything else but at least I'm very very pleased with what I bought. :)

8. I only have two DoCs, so I haven't had much experience with touching or handling other doll company resins. ^^;;;

However, I do like the smooth and pinkish tone of the normal skin resin. It's very pretty in its own way, but I do agree that the resin can look a little TOO pink under certain lightning... >_<

I always hear about dolls yellowing, but I myself haven't experienced that with either of my dolls who I've had for a little over three years. Maybe I haven't been playing with her enough, ahah...

9. i have a selection of resins in the house currently and imo i have to say its a toss up between Volks and Dollmore. i like DM dolls better so im a tad biased, but in the year ive had my volks body it hasnt yellowed. and it was second/3rd hand so god knows how old it is. not to mention its survived me, so it must be sturdy. and that body and i have had some SERIOUS issues. im amazed its not in pieces....

ive got DM dolls from 2006 up through last week and they dont yellow either...the new one is a little pinker than all the others, but the rest are the same color. they dont yellow so much as "pale" and i really like the result...and even then its only to a certain point, then theyre done. and my first spent time in the sun (when i was a newb and completely clueless). its also HEAVY. my tiny DM boy weighs way more than most of my other larger SD boys...he's a chunk XD (and again, survived me, and the Kara Klum has been through hell and back with only a small hand crack to show for it. so, also sturdy).

if i had to score them, id say theyd tie for resin quality. but then DM would squeak ahead because i prefer their dolls to volks *cheats*

10. 1) Volks vote 1 to 10: 10
      2) Dream of Dolls vote 1 to 10: 5
      3) Blue Fairy vote 1 to 10: 4
      4) Dollzone vote 1 to 10: 3
      5) Fairyland vote 1 to 10: 9
      6) Luts vote 1 to 10: 9
      7) Soom vote 1 to 10: 7

11. Well I can only vote on ones I own, here goes:
      1) Volks vote 1 to 10: .....................I'd give them a 9.5/10, my favourite so far, I love the color, feel and how nicely it photgraphs, but my older boy did yellow a bit faster than I had hoped.

6) Luts vote 1 to 10: .....................8.5/9 very close but not as luminous as volks (not sure if that's the right word) just a personal taste. I love my two luts kids though :)

12. Out of the dolls I've gotten so far, VOLKS is the best hands down <3 It's just amazing!

13. Volks no dout about it sens i dont even have a cp i cant say if they are good but Volks is good.

14. DollZone get's a solid 10 from me. I'm handled a few different company dolls before but DollZone by far has the best resin out of all of them.

15. Unoa and Planetdoll resin are the best I've personally handled- Unoa has a very nice feel to it, and is solid (although not too heavy.) But Planetdoll is my favourite- I got a tan planetdoll roseanne recently, and her resin is gorgeous, heavy, a great colour, and strong! I highly recommend them!
      I had a feeling everyone would say Volks is the best, but as I've never handled a Volks doll, I can't verify that. I also like the Lati resin- it's nice, heavy, and well coloured, but the heads tend to yellow quickly, and it has a smoother feel than the typical 'eggshell' texture. Bobobie resin is my least favourite- much as I love my An, it's just too light, and too smooth and shiny- with MSC it's better, but I still prefer my other doll's resin.

16. I have three Volks dolls from different eras (oldskin, pureskin, and pureskin UV) and they all have very smooth, nice resin. I guess my older dolls are yellowed? I mean, they're different from my newest Volks doll. But it's not like it's a hugely noticeable thing, like any of them have jaundice or something.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3624/3650128879_935cec01aa.jpg

Here (assuming linky works) you can see a Luts Honey Delf (from 2009) and a Volks MSD in oldskin (from 04). They have different tones, but at least, as far as I'm concerned, the MSD still looks ... you know ... HUMAN as far as her coloring. Not lemony yellow or anything. Just like she's one of those people with yellow undertones rather than pink undertones.

And of course, Volks resin is quite smooth to the touch and nice to handle. And heavy and sturdy.

My other dolls are Luts and Pipos. Luts is okay. I've heard there are inconsistencies in color sometimes. I have no idea (I could check, but this would require turning on a light). The texture is fine, but not as nice as Volks. A little more grainy.

My Pipos is gray, and I had anticipated some sort of discolorations (natural variations or whatever you want to call it) but it's pretty even in tone. But it is really grainy. Not like sandpaper. But like how some plastics are just ... not smooth. Like how posterboard isn't quite smooth.

I would give Volks a 9.5
      Luts an 8
      And Pipos a 7

17. 1) Volks vote 1 to 10: 8
      2) Dream of Dolls vote 1 to 10: 7
      3) Blue Fairy vote 1 to 10: (actually judging by AngelRegion) 5
      4) Dollzone vote 1 to 10: 8
      5) Fairyland vote 1 to 10: 9
      6) Luts vote 1 to 10: 6 (I have a few Luts dolls including an old MNF... The old MNF is what kills their score... He got leg cracks after a short time. The others I've had/handled have been very nice, though. So this probably isn't the best judgement.)
      7) Soom vote 1 to 10: 10 (I just got a Chrom, so I can't judge yellowing, but I love the resin. Great weight, seems very strong, nice color, nice texture.)

18. I've only really handled my MNFs and a DZ girl and I have to say that I loove my MNF's resin. I like the way it feels and it has a nice weight[I'm sorta small so I don't want a doll that's too heavy]. My Shushu goes outside all the time and she doesn't seem to have yellowed a teeny bit.

As for DZ, I HATED the resin. It was thin feeling and incredibly light. It almost reminded me of cheap plastic... It was also bizzarrely smooth and had absolutely no tooth at ALL. It was just unpleasant. Also, I only had her for about a year and she was definitely not the same color as she was when I received her new..

19. I love the texture and strength of the Dollmore resin. It's gorgeous and more sturdy than one may think. My Little (Momo Haruno) just got her doll and the resin is really soft and strong to the touch and they have great quality control but it's an underrated company sadly. The white is a gorgeous, clean stark white and looks better in real life than in the company's pictures. It photographs well too!! I love it!!
      Edit- I like Volks too but not as much as Dollmore. They have a strong, thick resin that photographs beautifully and stands up to yellowing well. I saw a ten year doll at my first con this past summer. The doll was barely showing a color change and was very heavy, which was great to me. I was impressed. Now if they made the Dollfie Dream line with resin, I would be very happy.

20. Dollmore resin I give (at least from what I have experienced so far) a 8 out of 10. It seems pretty sturdy. And I like the color, too; I don't know if I want to blush it. I have a DM Kid, too, and her resin's pretty thick stuff! I seriously doubt it would break.