1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The continuing wig saga - Dollshe Saint

Jun 2, 2006

1. I've tried Leeke MSD wigs on my Saint and they fit fine (snug, but they fit). And according to the info on dollmore.net, their Saint is wearing one of their wigs in MSD size, so I suppose Dollmore MSD size would fit him too. I've got mine wearing a DoT wig and it fits really well. It still needs velcro to stay on since it's not snug, but it's not big.

2. I was going to recommend DOD wigs but Akari beat me to it. I have one on my Bermann (I had to stretch it out a bit to make it fit) and it's the only one I've really liked on him. Most of the wigs I've gotten for him, even when they fit, look like tooooo much hair for his delicate bone structure, if that makes any sense. I thought they'd be a good match to the smaller Dollshe boy heads.:)

Of course, I have to replace Magnus' only wig, I melted the left side with a lamp during last months jewelry photoshoots.:(

3. Wigs from Audrey's dolls work wonderful in size 7-8 for Saint - perfect fit. I think generally, wigs on other doll sites in MSD size are a crap shoot. Some fit, some may not. I tried an MSD wig I bought from a DOA member on my Saint and it's too small. But it sounds like Leeke Msd works, based on Akari's post, and I was curious about that as well, so thanks!

Yeah, I was amazed as well about how small the new Dollshe boys' heads are!

4. Inspired by this thread, I just went and tried on every MSD wig I've got that wasn't attached to someone's head. ^^; (On my Saint, that is, they wouldn't fit me.) And they all fit! Even the really dinky odd one that I thought for sure wouldn't. oO There were several Leeke, one Kid Delf size from Luts and the Angelregion Present Jade v.2 default wig. I took really bad pics of each one, but if anyone's interested I can disgrace Shun share.

Oh, and while I had his wig off, I measured his head and it was 8" exactly. :chibi

5. Your Saint has the same size head as my WooYan....dollti boy 7/8.
      I've found that the DOT wigs fit nicely on my dollti boy. (Gosh, Saint's head must be tiny. WooYan's is not at all huge on his small body. He's SD10 size.)

What you can do is write them and ask the exact size of their wigs, as I don't believe they say. I just was looking for wigs for him and thought I'd try a few of their wigs.

BTW....the DOC wigs fir the SDC dolls pretty nicely, or at least Arashi wears them.

6. You lot are the best evah! Alright, now I think we should encourage pics! A database would be helpful...I will put a request up in the Pic Request SubForum and we can post there with stats - company, size, etc.

Akari ~ I am particularly interested in seeing the msd Leekes...

And yes, the head is eight inches horizontally over the ears - I was measuring diagonally from the forehead to the nape of his neck.

His head IS small...but the smaller head size is one of the reasons the sculpt has such a hauntingly realistic look! Yay for DollShe boys! :)

7. agreed- the small head proportions are a bit more human, and I rather like it. I don't have a saint, but I do have a small-head dollshe and have been casually browsing for wigs that might be appropriate. there doesn't seem to be a ton of 7/8 fiber/fibre wigs that would be suitable for a mature masculine face mould. (some are too girly, others downright matronly! though, it may just be my particular tastes.) if anyone has recs i'd be grateful.

8. Okay well my Saint wears one of the Leeke wigs that fit Hounds and it looks lovely on him. If you feel around the back of the wig while it's on you can see it's too big, however I think it makes him look like he's got stacks of hair which I really love. I have also tried various other Leeke wigs and they fit alright.

His other 'default' wig is a short SD/Hound sized wig I got from Dollmore and cut up. It fits reallllyy snugly on him.

The mohair wigs I got from Dollmore do engulf his head, but still - it looks like he has loads of hair rather than a wig that is a little too big for him. I will take pics if needed.

9. Cynthia, >o>;; This is a bit off topic.. But your dollie reminds me of Keanu Reeves for some reason in that picture. <333

10. Oh, jeez, you're so right . . . I knew there was some reason he looked especially grumpy in that wig . . . ;)

11. bump. coz i find this thread so useful :D

12. rukawagf ~ thanks for bumping this thread! I just went on a mad wig buying spree and will post some photos as soon as I can grab a few moments! I bought: leeke, kemper and monique.

And don't forget to post wig photos on your DS boys with sizes and brands over in the Photo Request SubForum thread!

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82583

THAT was not polite, m'dear. Please send back your Keanu fangrrl membership card. ;) (Must admit that I fell in love with Saint...because of the Keanu resemblance....)

13. Um..for the while I had my Bernard, he was able to wear all brands and styles of regular and fur wigs that my Soony and Soah wore...if that helps! :sweat

14. I have the Monique synthetic mohair wig in size 7/8 for my Saint, and it is perfect! I highly recommend them for Saint's smaller noggin.

15. Hello!
      I've been told that the Bernards wear a size 7/8 wig and I just want you all to varify that.

Thanks!

16. Well, Saint definitely wears a 7/8, and I heard the Bernard head was a tad smaller than the Saint head.

Oh, ask Lachlana - she must have bought about a half dozen wigs for her Bernard boy, Jaden. She'd definitely know!

17. So...
      I am almost 100% sure Saint is the next one; however, I am having a hard time finding all of the mesurments.

Can someone tell me what wig size they need...and where you can get them, cause I am not liking the fiber wigs.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated