1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The difference wigs and eyes can make

Aug 9, 2017

1. Wig and eyes can really change the doll look. My doll, Ein, has a greyish tone face-up. He look best when he's in his favorite grey wig and silver eyes. And most of the time he appears in that color. One time, I changed his hair and eyes color to brown, Everyone thought I bought a new doll.

2. Yeah! Even with company faceups, a doll can look completely different when they have those things changed. It honestly is so cool. I try really hard to pick the perfect eyes and to make the perfect wig so that my characters look interesting and cool. Sometimes trying random things even makes you think of a new character!

3. I had a pair of 12mm glass eyes from Alice's Collections for Ethan, to begin with, but the high dome did not suit his eye sockets. Caused an awful shadow in the eye, which stopped him from looking 'natural'. And the iris filled most of the eye. I wasn't happy with them. So, I got some 14mm small iris acrylic eyes from Blueberry Style and it's a huge improvement.

I just need to perfect placement now! :lol:

4. My dolls seem to like to change up their hair styles and colors on a pretty regular basis. Quinn hair is currently short, straight, and auburn, but she has just decided she wants to switch to long blonde curls, at least for a while. Kendra's hair is currently long, and a soft, light blue. Earlier today it was shoulder length and ginger brown, tomorrow it may be reddish blonde, or purple, or white, or even black. Her character is 13, and sometimes it really shows.

#24 k-meister, Sep 30, 2017
      Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    5. This happened with my first doll, a secondhand Iplehouse JID "I". The seller generously shipped her with her default IH eyes (smoky blue) and a wig (long brown curls) and I spent a week thinking "I've made a terrible mistake -- I really don't like this doll, and she was too expensive for me to just ignore her." But then the dark brown eyes and bobbed haircut wig that I ordered for her arrived, and they totally transformed her into the doll I thought she would be.

My Harucasting Adori had to go through about four different sets of eyes before he looked right, even though his wig was accidentally perfect from the beginning. And Nanni was the other way around -- her eyes were perfect as soon as they went in, but I still haven't found a wig that looks just right on her!

6. Eyes and wigs definitely make a huge difference for me! I've been debating on the hair color for one of my floating heads since I received him and I finally came to the conclusion that a medium shade of brown suited him best. Getting the perfect color combination is a great feeling, especially after giving it a lot of thought and experimentation. :3nodding:

7. Eyes are such a game-changer! I tried some cheap acrylic eyes on my doll once and they looked so flat and horrible I took pictures to remind myself not to bother with them. Whereas her default urethane ones, while a similar color, have so much depth and reflectiveness that they make the whole face look alive. As for wigs, I think both they and eyes can really pull together a color scheme with the right outfit and faceup.