1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The First "Fancy" Goodies You Purchased For Your Doll

Mar 15, 2010

1. I recently bought a hat and beautiful knit sweater from Nine9 style. This is a pretty big thing for me, because I make most of his clothes, and Nine9 stuff is pricey!

2. The first 'fancy goodies' I bought -recently- was a nine9 style padded jumper and some schnazzy patent leather shoes!!! I was AMAZINGLY overexcited haha. I wasn't really worried at all though, I had it all planned out in my head ;) and they look fantastic, as I predicted ^^ XD

3. The only fancy goodies I buy for my dolls is well.. other dolls ^^;; i attempt to do their faceups and sew their clothes myself so I really dont spend much, their wigs are probably the most expensive thing I buy because I refuse to give up the quality of a good wig lol so they have eachother and sock dresses and im happy ^^;;

4. The black boots from DOD, they were second hand but I was immensely thrilled :]

5. A $90 Dollheart outfit. I have to say, it is gorgeous and worth every penny.

6. I recently bought a wig for my doll, I thought it would be the one, the perfect wig for her but it took so long to arrive, I went mad and ordered a Monique wig for her and I love it, It was an impulse buy but it turned out to be the best thing i've bought for her. I guess the first really fancy thing was what I ordered at the same time: A custom tshirt. I do want to make my own clothes, I just can't frind the time!

7. my big fancy spluge has been getting two DZ outfits for my DZ X but I found that the quality was not as good as I thought it shoudl have been and will probably since have friends who sew and stuff have them continue to make outfits for me instead of spending.

8. I bought fancy stuff from the very beginning. :) My girl had a Cheerydoll dress and Gumdrops eyes before she ever arrived.

I think seeing her in nice dresses with eyes that made her come alive did help me admire her more. The quality of the Cheerydoll dress just amazed me! It had so many extra little details and the fabric was even more beautiful than in real life. I knew I would prefer urethane eyes over all others from looking at owner pics and they didn't disappoint me! Their depth and richness of color never cease to amaze me.

9. So far the 'big spending' was buying boots and clothes from LUTS/Sadol. Soon I'll be getting some nine9style stuff for my to-be MnF Miyu and my Alexei. Never thought I'd bother with glass eyes either. ^_^;

10. I bought my boy a brother. He already had a friend (female), and she had a little Bobobie tiny. But the BBB thinks I bought the brother for her because she's totally in love with him. So..... Everyone loves Lucien!

11. I've bought "treats" for my dolls, but the first splurge was on a pair of really nice (and expensive) German glass eyes. I love them so much.

Fortunately or unfortunately, that has led to many later splurges. Including a doll for my doll (like others have said)!

12. My very first splurge was a pair of old Ajumapama boots - back when they still came to you smelling like leather, because they were leather. They're amazing. I still have them, and they STILL smell like leather. :)

...only problem is that they're gothy platforms, and none of my dolls suit that style anymore. :lol:

13. I got my boy and could not believe I spent so much on a doll! I swore like mad about getting him wigs and things, and said I would make his clothes. Then one day I saw the Luts Zircon outfit on sale. By this point I had a couple of more dolls, but had still never bought anything expensive for them, they were all in home made clothing, and had one wig and pair of eyes a piece. I looked at the outfit and realised it was PERFECT for one of my characters, so it came home the same time he did. I have since decided that all of my dolls will have at least one purchased outfit...eventually. Uh...I have nearly 30 dolls, this could take quite a while. That said a few that I have now came with beautiful outfits since they are limiteds, and others...one day they will have them. My first doll STILL does not have his purchased outfit though!

14. I haven't bought my boy anything at all yet... no monies! He's wearing gift clothes/wig right now, and waiting desperately on his first (and probably only) "fancy" present, which I will probably be ordering next month if I don't get laid off: a super sexy HZ uniform :>

15. My 4D coats always make me feel indulgent huhuhu. $80 plus $20 shipping on a coat for Vin? Easy! A $50 coat for myself is a little too much. (wtf)
      Anything that looks good and is really well made generally makes me feel fancycakes. My Luts suit and anything I buy from souldoll. Their jeans are so nice and realistic *-*

Buying Vin's dollstown body was awesome. So expensive for a readily available body, but ohgodsonice.

16. My dolls get expensive eyes before they even make it home, and if I can't find the right high quality glass eyes then I will order urethane for them. I try to have the right wig as well, but sometimes I need to have the doll in hand to see what will work best. I'll also try to get at least one outfit that is all theirs, and eventually everyone will have their own pairs of Mio jeans. I hate having a doll and not having its proper accessories.

How skewed am I that I consider Sadol, Luts, and Nine9 to be like the middle ground reasonably priced brands that really aren't a fancy splurge?

17. My first luxury accessory, was an expensive Dollheart dress, and I suppose Kon'D shoes would count too! But really, I think my biggest doll related luxury purchase was either the unoa 2nds, or the School A head.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot, but I purchased 200.00 in mio clothes when I bought those unoas, basically an outfit for each.

18. Socks ^__^ and a couple pairs of boots and some underwear. Comsidering I make all his normal clothes myself, I consider anything made by a professional/dealer person is fancy to me :sweat

19. The most "fancy" thing I got for my doll was an order I placed through Dollmore. I spent $100 in one order (which is a lot for me as I usually buy piece by piece for $20 here and $10 there). So it was the first CHUNK of money I spent. But I got her a new outfit, shoes, and eyes. I had wanted to re-do her style and knew I wouldn't be happy doing it piece by piece.

I was worried that the pieces I picked out wouldn't go together. I was worried I had picked the wrong look for her (again). But it was the best purchase I made! I love every article of clothing and it's EXACTLY what she needed. I hope you're just as happy with your purchase!!!

20. After my first girl arrived I got her some cheap clothes from Dollmore, fantastic quality, and I did adore her in them, but after a while I decided she needed something more over the top, and ended up splurging maybe $150 on a Volks outfit. I was so pleased with it though. She looks gorgeous in it.

Maybe a downside of seeing how beautiful and high quality the outfit was, is that now if I have the money I have no reluctance on getting pricey outfits again, confident that they will fit well, and be just overall outstanding.