1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The First "Fancy" Goodies You Purchased For Your Doll

Mar 15, 2010

1. My girls usually get PlumeBlanche clothing. Once I have them all 'complete', they(ll) get Enchanted eyes

2. The first fancy thing I bought for my DZ Tulip, was a furisode set from TATA website. It fits her quite well and I love the color on her. I actually received it before my doll arrived and I was quite excited, although I realize now that it was a lot of money spent for a tiny piece of clothing. My actual kimonos cost me way less than that one including the shipping. :sweat

3. Well, back when I first joined the hobby, I HAD to have a frezje dress for Myla. So the moment she got a JID, I commissioned one. It felt like a huge purchase, but looking back, it wasn't bad. It was about $40. I honestly have never had a huge splurge, my most expensive thing was a $70 dress for my SD from Plume Blanche. I just recently commissioned the most beautiful lingerie set from KillingSissy of Harajuku Dolls for $60, and I think it'll really widen the array of pictures I can take.

4. Hmmm I suppose Irie's custom-made, self-designed twin-snow eyes can count? xD; they were certainly very special and quite pricey for a pair of acrylics although they are certainly the absolutely best acrylics I've ever seen. I also am about to purchase my first Dollheart fukubukuro for the boy I'm expecting. c:

5. 1st Luxury item eh? I guess mine would be the Volks Omukae Milky Tea set ... I was originally going for the Omukae Kimono set, but after talking with the dealer I switched as he was having a hard time finding the set I was gunning for at the start. He did make the purchase for me slightly cheaper, but all in all (even though it was expensive) I love the set and it works well with my doll. Being the daughter of a pro-seamstress, I am a bit nit-picky on how things are made & this set did not disappoint me :) (and yes, I have tried asking my mom to make a few things, but I always feel bad because she works so hard & I rather she rest so if I am making something, I'll stubbornly do it myself)

I am still not fond of the prices for many of the things I like, but I have an eye for quality so its understandable. There are times when I've gotten to making something, but I tend to be very lazy with that unless I am making it for someone else. I am glad that I did wait for a few years before I tackled on getting this set as I feel bad with spending all of this on the doll ^^;; but at least I don't regret my purchase since the outfit is much loved.

6. well, they're not really luxury items, but i'm planning to buy some clothes for my newest doll coming in. which is kind of a big deal since i've never BOUGHT clothes for my dolls before....i've made them myself. planning to drop $90 on new clothes for him OTL and since he's my first human doll, i do want a good face up for him, so i plan to save up to commission someone to do his face up ;u;b which can also be an extravagant purchase (especially if you're looking at the artist I am)

7. I get all my girls little pendants with the first letter of their name and make a neclace out of it. I already have a J one for my girl on layaway even. I get them at walmart though so idk if they'd be called "luxury" lol.

8. I tend to spend at least $100 when I buy clothes for my girls. Granted that's usually total, and not for one item alone, but I'm 20 years old, $100 is a lot for me right now.

9. I bought some miniature cakes, a chair, and a tea set. Separately, these things were not not outrageous (especially compared to what I later spent on clothes), but together, with shipping, they added up to quite a bit.

10. 100 times more willing to spend money on dolls than my own clothes :/Welp bought a sword and a violin and wondering what I was actually planning on doing with my life and blood money.

11. The first fancy thing I bought for my boy was an outfit from DollHeart. :sweat High quality doll clothes are a luxury, right?

12. Shortly after I bought my first doll, I was set to graduate from college--so I used that excuse to drive down to the Volks store in LA to buy clothes/magical stringing tool/elastic/faceup supplies/stands/eyes/wigs/etc. It cost an arm and a leg! Ultimately, I think those were good purchases, but oh god, younger me could not budget. I wish I could've spread them out over a few months or something.

13. The first fancy thing I bought for my doll was....
      Shoes.
      Haha after saving up so much for my doll, I was broke. I've always made her clothes myself since I can't justify spending the money on company clothes when I have a sewing machine and some experience. I can't make shoes though so when I do have money for doll accessories, I usually get shoes and eyes. Lots of them. I sell off the ones I end up not loving and keeping the ones I really like.

14. Kori's first fancy items were a lovely wig and an adorably cherry-print top. I bought both from the marketplace here (from separate users) and I put them on him right away. While they weren't expensive, the items were of high quality and the first of such handmade quality I received for Kori. That was years ago and I still have the items today and I think I always will. They still fit his character. So I was quite happy with my first ~fancy purchase~

15. I just bought my boy beer mugs. XD;;

16. When I was better off I bought a dress/bloomers/stockings set from a seller on etsy. I was blown away by it and still adore it, 4 or so months later. At the time though, the money spent on it was nothing, if I bought it now i'd consider it a very cheeky luxury.

However, I'm still eyeing up a company outfit for a cheeky incoming doll. If I buy that I'll consider it a cheeky luxury item.

I feel worse about spending money on doll clothes than a doll, because I feel like I should just make it myself, but I couldn't make, like, an Iplehouse Lahela myself. So to me at the moment, buying anything already made that I could make myself I'd consider 'luxury'. So, I don't count doll shoes, which are pretty much the only doll thing I can buy guilt-free.

17. Custom eyes :)

18. I've had my one and only doll for about a year and a half, and I just bought him his first "fancy" item.

I was at a convention and got a four piece impldoll suit for $70. He looks so awesome, and I wish I could have afforded for him to have another!

19. Well, my first Dollheart outfit was the MSD "White Rabbit" set. I guess that counts as fancy? Anyway, it was worth it! My Peakswoods Punky Beetle has never taken it off. Also, since then, I've bought another 10 Dollheart outfits. The quality isn't perfect - I've had pieces break almost immediately, despite being extremely careful with my dolls, but the clothes are beautiful. They always look perfect for the doll I buy them for - once a doll has a Dollheart outfit, he/she feels completed.

I've never bought expensive eyes, though:(. My fear is that I'll buy some and like them so much that I'll end up buying a set for all my dolls, and I can't justify that cost. I do have some Oscar's Mirror Eyes that are incredible, but they came with the dolls. I'd buy more of those if they were more readily available.

20. I think male dolls in suits and crisp attire look so swanky and striking. A little different than what I typically see...so I wanted to get cool suits for my guys. The first fancy goodie I got was the "Success Blue" suit from Freedom Teller and a lavender tie. A couple of my guys will have a Euro/Asian fashion aesthetic so they're going to have to fight over it...lol