1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The First "Fancy" Goodies You Purchased For Your Doll

Mar 15, 2010

1. I first bought a pair of eyes, a wig and an outfit, which is a default outfit of Volks msd Hewitt ver. 3. that outfit cost me quite a lot, since it's from Volks..and I got scolded for buying those expensive clothes, hahahah but I'm so happy I bought them :3

2. When you say fancy, i'm going to assume you mean expensive or hard to come by items. I've bought a lot for my dolls, but by far, the things i would consider to be the 'fancy' things would be my doll carrier and the 1/3 modern forest suit outfit from Angel studio.

I don't know though, if i would consider the carrier as a fancy item for them, it was kind of a necessary purchase and I just looked till i found one that suited my needs.

The outfit though... she doesn't really need it, and could have gone without it (as i can sew) but it just suits her character so well that i had to have it... and plus, if i tried to make an outfit like that it wouldn't look anywhere near as good.

3. In the past, my dolls have lived in two or three different outfits and maybe like...5 wigs?
      But I've been so excited for my Ringdoll Zombie to get here that I went ahead and got him 2 pairs of custom eyes, working doll-sized headphones, a laptop, limted edition boots, wigs, custom made outfits and vests, and two carrying cases haha. And a friend of mine makes doll furniture and is making me a cool zombie-themed bed for him to sleep in :) I want him to be my in-life companion, so I thought he needed some variety in what he wears or plays with.

4. 3 pairs of xpensive eyes and a wimukt set.

5. Got some sneakers and a wig picked out. He's already spoiled rotten he has a pillow, a chair, bunch of little props AND a treasure chest.

6. I bought this to die for Day Walking Dress for my MSD girl that was sold through Haute Doll Magazine by Muse :fangirl:

They said they were going to make more MSD sized outfits, but decided to just make their own dolls & clothes that fit them. :...(

7. Despite my initial reluctance, I got over it and bought a crown and sword for my doll because WHY NOT it would be epic.

8. I bought a Dollheart outfit, I think it's called Alice Fantasy, for one of my dolls. Once I saw the quality of workmanship I started buying more 'fancy' outfits for my crew. There really is a huge difference and most high dollar duds have tons of pieces you can mix & match. There are some great sellers on etsy that produce wonderful outfits for reasonable prices (under $100). The latest goody I bought for my dolls is a pair of really detailed SD headphones. They look so cool!

9. The first item I purchased for my Limhwa To You Sara was 2 pair of acrylic eyes , followed by a white dress of ClearLan shop .

10. I purchased a $50 dollar wig for my girl, which is more than I've spent on any of my own wigs. It was worth every cent, though. It's beautiful and easy to brush, colored perfectly, is heat resistant, and doesn't even tangle.

11. I bought an ED Unique eyes for my girl. Costed me me 80$ w/o shipping >"<, but the eyes are awesome.

12. I think it was a vintage style EID outfit from Iplehouse.

13. I remember when I first heard of the hobby and decided to take a look at clothing for the dolls, I was like - "Hahaha whaaaaat? $30 for a dress? Hahaha ok bye!" :lol:

And then, a year later, I bought a DollHeart set for one of my dolls, that costed me, I think, about $100? I'm not sure about the exact price.

And, you know... I never regretted it! :D It is such a beautiful set, after all. Even now, years later, I still love her little dress and everything.
      After that first set, all my dolls got "fancy" clothing of their own (not that I own tons of BJDs, which makes things easier for me xD). At some point I started to feel like, oh well, since they are so expensive themselves, they should "have" expensive stuff, too :lol:

14. I know the exact item. It was a beautiful handmade corset custom made for my 60cm Obitsu. I believe I paid around $30 for it which seemed like such a large sum at the time. I still have the corset, in fact several of my other girl have worn it.

15. First... hmmm... so long ago... Probably DollHeart outfits.

I always have a greater fascination with things that I can buy extra stuff for--so bjds REALLY appeal to me for that reason. I just LOVE buying all kinds of stuff for them!!! Mystic or Enchanted Doll Eyes, DollHeart shoes and outfits... props, furniture, etc.

As for sewing--I'm not really that good at it--don't have a sewing machine anyway, although I've tried making a shirt by hand. I find that after purchasing all the material and trims and thread and whatever that I need, it often ends up costing nearly as much as buying a complete, detailed outfit!!! I still go looking at fabric stores and buying trims and such--but it's usually a waste of money since my projects usually don't get done, and end up costing way more than expected!

16. I bought fancy urethane eyes for Ashera... but they were so tiny and so hard to manipulate that I went right back to her glass eyes! Big disappointment XD

17. Lilac Safrin Doll eyes for my Resinsoul. They weren't really expensive,but I think of them as luxury items because I didn't really need them. They were just too pretty to pass up.

18. I bought a DollHeart outfit that turned out it didn't fit. :sweat For some reason I read 70cm as SD17. But it's alright, I have a friend who is a seamstress who said she's going to tailor it to fit my boy.
      Either than that, I also soon after bought a pair of Oscardoll eyes for my Pipos Lloyd for when he arrives. :D