1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The First "Fancy" Goodies You Purchased For Your Doll

Mar 15, 2010

1. Before I had even received my first doll I got her a pair of urethane eyes! And for the most part I do see that higher price usually means higher quality.

2. I would say that its a toss up between furniture for her two rooms and two expensive outfits. I want to get her a monster which will cost me some money also.

3. Hmm... I haven't really bought anything SUPER fancy for my dolls. My minifee does have a couple of wimukt outfits that I bought for her though. Most of what I buy for my dolls is strictly middle range type items. Although I would love to invest in some expensive urethane eyes for them someday.

4. The first fancy goodies I bought for my doll was a $100 silk kimono. Since then the kimono prices have only risen. :sweat

5. The fanciest thing I've bought myself is a yukata set. It was really nice and I like it but unfortunately it looks terrible on all my dolls so I'm in the process of re-homing it. My dolls are all such odd sizes that I really don't purchase a lot of clothes anymore. It's better for me to make them by hand. That or swaps. I get some pretty cute stuff from those.

I think the fanciest thing I've ever gotten for one of my dolls was a set of Meihart eyes (got lucky with a contest). I put them in my DZ Miss Kitty head I'm hybriding and they are so fantastic that I decided right then and there that I just have to have another set for her partner Mr. Bunny. I'm waiting around for the right pair to come along.

6. For my little girl Veronica...I bought her a house. XD THAT was the first fancy goodie I got her.

7. I got my doll a pair of custom eyes but then I lost one ; n;
      I lose everything. it's a wonder that I only lost one of the eyes instead of both.

8. I usually buy several outfits, shoes and wigs when I buy a doll. That way they have an initial wardrobe to start with. I think the most expensive outfit I bought was the $80 punk outfit with my Soa when I ordered her. She was my first doll and I didn't want to spare any cost for her.

9. My first fancy purchase for my doll was the wigs xD. Only because I can sew decently... well kind of... only until I have the money to get them clothes. I keep buying dolls and not having enough for the rest. So they're always naked D:
      The wigs look very pretty. My ginger wig goes with my pixie very well. I have two more wigs to go on an SD and MSD doll. <3

10. The first luxury item was a beautiful gown.

11. The first fancy? My first pair of Mystic urethanes. Worth every damn penny and four out of my six dolls wear Mystics now (and a fifth will probably get them eventually, and at least one future doll will have Mystics).

You definitely get what you pay for there. Expensive and oh, oh so worth it.

12. I've already placed an order for 7 pairs of Mako eyes, 6 or 7 wigs, and a few clothing items from Etsy. One that almost was a fullset purchase, but the seller was kindly willing to get rid of the skirt portion and sell the rest to me for cheaper since I had no desire to ever use the skirt.

I also have an Amazon shopping cart just waiting for the day I can throw several hundred dollars at art supplies...
      Plus lots of scouting already done for the ideal DSLR camera (not just for bjd photos).
      This hobby hit me hard!

13. I haven't bought any "really" fancy goodies for my dolls yet. (poor guy) But I plan to do soon! :) My dolls have many various clothes and many of them were made by myself. So I would like to buy a gorgeous suit full set for every male doll and a elegant dress for my 2 mini girls when I find them some days. And quality of material comes first! :)

14. That would be 3 Dollheart outfits: their 2011 Alice Memory outfit for YOSD, 2011 Alice Dream and the Evolution Fer Black ver for SD13. The only problem with this insane splurge is that I don't even have a SD13 and I don't know when I'll ever get one. I guess the real treat is that I do have a YOSD and the clothes fit her perfectly because the Dollheart outfits use Peakswoods sculpts to model for them.