1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The first SPIRIT girl doll -- asking for opinions~~

Jan 18, 2009

1. I'd like to see a curvier female- nice strong thighs and broad shoulders. A bit like the Elfdoll Sooah body. Maybe even the tiniest of tummys- I find that so cute hehe.

Face wise- strong definately. Though looking at Spirit Doll's boys this shouldn't be a problem :)

2. oh, yes, tummy is good! and speaking of "flaws".... i love seeing a women with a slight overbite, that top lip slightly upturned is sexy to no ends.

3. Strong face, like many have said, and I especially like the slight overbite thing Miss Ally mentioned. Neutral lips so that I can make her smile if I want too or sad, depending on the face-up.

I vote for a doll with optional big breasts and heels.

4. I think something more realistic..A maturer woman (not old), something a bit more sophistic and sexy...I agree with stronger features...Basically, I'd like to see a girl who looks as though she can stick up for herself...

Realistic body proportions..The size of doll boobs drive me nuts, half the time I want to sand them down...And somebody mentioned something about having a little bit of tummy..Oh oh oh! And I love curvy hips XD *Has a lot to say on the female dollie side of things* Put it this way, it'll be easy to tempt me if you have any of these points above.

5. Firstly, I have to say bravo for asking us poor, mad doll owners for our opinions. We really appreciate that and I do hope it leads to the design of a doll that pleases as many people as possible. I'm sure it will.

Secondly, I agree with most of the above about wanting a mature woman with strong, characterful features who looks like she knows how to take care of herself. Perhaps a slightly muscular build, but certainly no huge, Barbie breasts. Broader hips and thighs than we tend to see would be very good too.

So, Angelina Jolie with hips, then ;)

6. I would like somewhat androgynous features as I love female dolls who look slightly boyish.~

I agree for the body type. I dislike that a lot of companies are making their dolls very thing. A doll with fuller hips would be very nice.~

7. It seems the majority of collectors here want a strong face, but personally I prefer girls with soft faces. Almost all of the taller female bjds currently in production are way too manly-looking for my taste. I would like to see an elegant, ladylike tall girl with refined features. I also like a frowning or pouting expression. And her breasts should not be too large.

8. I like a body that has feminine curves to it. Bust/breasts - 2 options are always good as some people may like sculpts to look older or younger even within the same company. Please just don't make the breasts poke out ie Bobobie (they should come with a warning). I like the Luts shape while not terribly realistic, looks great especially when blushed. Heel feet options are preferred as well as flat feet. I agree with every think else people have put especially delicate hands AND FEET. I hated my DIM girl because they seemed to have used the boy hands and feet on her and she just looked weird. I sold her for that reason alone.

9. I agree with the delicate hands and feet! And I would love her to be taller. Actually, what would really set my heart a-flutter would be a doll like Sudanese/British model Alek Wek... ^.^;

...That would be my ideal, anyway. :>

10. she's beautiful *____*

i hope some company would make dolls looking like her...!

11. I like the idea of optional large bust.

But I think a larger thigh and buttocks would be awesome, so she is pear shaped maybe.

But I've been looking for a doll with large thighs for ages. ;__;

12. I would like see a doll with a more realistic face, ie smaller eyes and lips that do not stretch all the way across the bottom half of her face. I would also like to see one whose legs are not 3/4 of her height. I have seen a few dolls that I love the faces but they look like distorted high fashion sketches with the legs just way too long.

Hands are also a really nice touch. I like the ideas of a slight fingernail, anything long and that thin is too prone to breakage for my comfort.

And breasts that look like breasts and not like she is wearing an invisible push up bra.

Your men have such strong faces, I am very excited to see what you do. I have been looking for almost a year and have not found an SD girl yet that I *love*.

I completely agree with what most of the people here say, we want someone with character, not a pretty empty head.

13. Pear shaped is interesting, but awfully hard to dress. Ao-Tuki make a doll like that and she's fairly hard to get hold of. I think it may limit the number of people who want to buy her as not everyone sews.