1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The funniest/cutest situations with your pets and BJD

Nov 15, 2017

1. Both of our dogs generally don't care about the dolls that much, but there are (very cute) exceptions.
      Generally, during the rare photoshoot, they will get incredibly needy. I think this has more to do with me being so low to the ground than anything, haha.

There are also a few sculpts that catch their attention and they'll stop to sniff. I'm not sure whether it's because they're more realistic than most of my crew, or got a lot of attention and therefor probably smell like me to an extent. Either way, it's cute.

More specifically, though, we've had a new addition to the family recently (not mine, a sibling's), which has made our older dog very maternal. It's started to fade as the baby gets older, but at its height...well, let's say that instinct also extended to anything even vaguely baby-shaped/sized. A lot of concerned doting whenever I had a doll out.

2. When I first got my Flora's head in the mail, I was showing her to my mom and my dog Teddy tried to lick Flora's face! Then when Flora's body came in the mail, my cat Snow sat in the middle of the photo shoot area and started slapping her feet!

3. My cat Pacifica likes to hang out with my crew, and oftentimes tries to join in photo ops whenever she can. For a while I even caught her curled up next to my Lumedoll boy on my bed, as if she was cuddling up close to him for his company.

I could go through a long list of the many times she's done something cute around my crew, but one of the more notable (and memorable) ones for me happened when I was setting Aqqen up in a pose with his fingers doing the peace sign on my computer chair. Pacifica chose that chance to jump up on the chair with him, lay down and stare at me like she was proud of her move. The funny thing about it was how his hand moved while she was doing so. It is hard to explain, but it was cute and hilarious. :kitty2 My goofurball is an attention whore:XD:

4. Whenever I make yarn wefts for wigs, or even wig caps, my dog thinks it's something tasty! He'll sit by my feet whining until I show him he can't eat it! :lol: I mean I know Mod Podge has a unique scent....but c'mon, doggo...

5. My cat loves fur wigs! He runs off with them when he gets the chance!

6. I remember back when Reito had just arrived my dog was still alive... I was taking some pictures of Reito near the big glass door leading to our garden back at my mother's place and Gepetto (my dog, he was very small, only about 35cm shoulder height) came over and very carefully and slightly sniffed on Reito (who'S a DZ Hid, so he's just 45cm in height as well). It was so cute. Gepetto looked as if he was a bit scared of that weird little human. Then he looked at me and soon walked away again, laying down in his dog bed and watching us from afar with his big brown eyes. It was too cute! <3

7. My dog likes to protect my dolls while im sewing clothes or working on props and things. Looks like he's figured out that they're special to me :whee:<3

8. Awe these are so sweet!
      [​IMG]

Here is Rosie cuddling Henry... she always try’s to cuddle with him during photo shoots and I always have to shoo her out of the room but I was distracted with taking a photo of another doll and Rosie saw her chance... :whee:

9. All the posts about dolls and pets are really heartwarming and interesting :love My dog, Honey loves taking pictures with my BJDs. She doesn't bother to sniff them and most probably presumed that they are her accessories or backdrops for her personal photoshoots :mwahaha.

Here are some pics of her and my dolls.

[​IMG]Honey by Angelia Wong, on Flickr

[​IMG]Honey by Angelia Wong, on Flickr

[​IMG]honey by Angelia Wong, on Flickr

I do hope that you would like them. Have a great weekend !

10. Rosie is really cute! :love

11. Awww thanks!

12. I don't have any photos of it, but my cats are obsessed with my dolls. I don't know why - maybe it's the resin smell? luckily they haven't chewed on them, but I used to keep my dolls on a lower level to create a little home area for them, and I kept coming into the room to find my cats asleep in the doll laps, what made it even funnier is that the doll's hand had fallen to look as if they'd been petting my cat(s), lol! :XD:
      But, I was kind of worried about the possibility of my cats chewing on my dolls or knocking them over, so I've moved them away. now they get very little interaction with them unless I sit on the floor and work on them. (I am the fun destroyer.) :sorry

13. This happened to me during a photo session for Yuri, i had him in the chamomilles, when i saw Pamela (my mother´s mare) in the screen, i took this photo the moment before running to my boy. She was so courios but gentle too.
      Sadly she passed away last december :(, this is one of the last photos of her.
      [​IMG]

14. I am so sorry for your loss. :( This is truly one of the most beautiful and magical photos I have ever seen. Such a gorgeous horse.

My cats always like to be involved with everything, so of course, my dolls are no different. They will definitely lay on them when given the opportunity, which is usually, very cute. I know I have photos somewhere, but have never tried to reload all the pics I emailed myself off my last computer before it died.

15. I'm deeply saddened by your lost. Both Yuri and Pamela are really beautiful. It's a lovely and rare shot <3

16. My cat Anakin is obsessed with wigs. He always tries to steal them. I have to hide them:doh

17. I don’t currently have any house pets but I once had a few funny encounters with my aunt’s cats when I visited her with dolls in tow. Elizabeth the cat normally held claim to the guest room, so I was obliged to share it. I accidentally left one of my boys sitting cross-legged on the bed one day instead of out of reach. When I came back I found Elizabeth curled up with as much of herself in his lap as possible. No damage, she just wanted to cuddle.

The same cat had a real problem with another of my dolls, though. She would puff up and stare with sniffer working overtime if she saw him and once when I brought him within a few feet of her (non threatening, just happened to have him on my arm) she suddenly hissed and bolted. ... creepy.

18. Not directly with my bjd's, but associated with them! My kitten loves to explore when I'm making eyes or wigs for them, he loves the yarn and alpaca fiber and will generally sit on the desk and watch me and behave. One day I left my wefts out drying for a new wig and when I came back they were gone, only to be found stuck to the kittens side as he walked by :...( had to re glue all of them and get all the glue out of his fur! Good thing it was only elmers :D Keep wig making away from cats!

19. My dog when he was alive, would sometimes sniff their shoes if they had been outside but for the most part left them alone. When I got my first doll I had her ride on his back and he didn't even flinch. XD

One time, I was taking a biiig Christmas photoshoot in our living room and Yugi just sat at the opening like he was making sure no one was bugging his girl while she played with her strange mini humans. XD

He would also lay by my feet while I was sewing. I'd be sitting there for up to two hours and he'd have his legs wrapped around one of my ankles and not letting me stand up.

He honestly left the dolls alone, he never had any interest in them and I never put them directly near him. He was an awesome dog.

20. My cat loves my alpaca fibre wigs he loves to sniff them and give them head nudges