1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The inevitability of Doll Hordes

Jul 10, 2007

1. I should have known! I'm one of the victims of the horde syndrome; my oldest (as in longevity, not age) friend started collecting them, and slowly they started looking more and more interesting, and the concept started seeming cool, and then I saw the doll I wanted online...of course, this friend also got me hooked on anime, so she knows how to spread a meme. She should go into stockbrokering; she'd make a fortune.

2. This is interesting.

My friend bought her doll, and since then has gotton another girl interested who wants one of her own.
      I knew about Dollfies before I met this girl so that was cool to meet someone who allready knew about them.
      Well between us our friends:

1 wants one.
      1 Is now warming up and possibly wants one.
      1 Thinks they are kinda creepy but says if it wasn't for the price o.O
      1 One likes them but wouldn't buy one.
      1 Is intrigued xD he is a guy too :)
      1 Being my sister, hated them so much! but now says she wants one haha!

Seems when I first showed them to these people they all didn't like them but the dollfies seem to have some master plan because well look whats happening XD

Same when I was inocently browsing the net....fell onto Luts sight and boom oh gawd now Im obbsessed.

Oh the influence xD
      I'm sure there will be loads more haha,

3. I can definately agree on their infectious nature. All of my closest friends are either very interested in them or owning/waiting/saving for one, even the guys. :o My closest girl friend already has two of her own. And my boyfriend who was "meh" about them at first now has a mnf lishe ordered. Muwahaha! My mom also loves them, but she claims she doesn't need one of her own because she likes all of mine so much. What will she do when I move out, I wonder?

4. I started the dollfie craze between me and my friend a while ago, and at the time another friend (Pyrope on the forums) didnt like them, but now she has been converted!
      And has beaten us to getting a doll lol ><

5. I started a cult of my own in Copley. I got my friends into them and now there are 3 people I don't particularly know in my school who want one.

If they all get one, there'll be I think about 11 Doll owners in Copley. o_o;;;

Addictive habbit.

6. There sould be a religion for these dolls! :mwahaha We should all move to an island and drink green cool-aid! :kitty1 *laughs evily* ....Or just go to meets-ups and stuff, whatever works, though I wonder if there ever could be a cult-like worship for these dolls? :nowords:

Yes... soon we will all worship their resin power!! *bow down to the master race!* :mwahaha :mwahaha :mwahaha *ABJD are your furture!!*

7. I can honestly say if I ever tried to show my future boy to any of my friends, half would think I was a complete and utter lose, and half would just smile, say he's pretty, and then move on with life while thinking in the back of their mind I really did snap at graduation. But that's ok. I'm content right now with keeping it to myself. I have made friends here on DoA that I'm fine well and dandy with. <3 Although...I do have one friend who *might* be more interested in him once he's here and she can actually hold him....hmmm....

8. I miss your little ones, we bonded so well at Metro (especially Iri and I), makes me even more eager to bring home my Sadie.

So far my mom thinks that while they are cool, the prices are insane, one of my friends has always been creeped out by dolls and another one thinks my little Sadie is going to eat his soul :lol:

9. Irian misses you too. She says none of my other friends are as cool as you, lol. She has expressed an interest in watching Power Rangers *grin*

The friend who's creeped out...give 'em time to see Sadie and hold her, says I. And if your other friend is totally creeped, wait til I let you borrow my creepy red SoulDoll eyes *evil grin* Then she WILL eat his soul.

10. Aww.. lol. Irian wants to watch PR? haha. Too cute:)

I think my mom is on her way to becoming a big fan of the dolls as she seems excited about Sadies arrival and let me adopt her before I had the money saved up. Then again.. my moms just cool like that :aheartbea

11. OMG yes...When I got my first doll I had no idea I would get, let's see...at least 4 other people into them. :XD: And three of my other friends converted without my help. :nowords:

They definitely create hordes. My sister wants one too but she won't ever buy one because of the price. I've been plotting to give her one though.

12. I have converted a few non-dollie people recently :lol: you just gotta show them that one that makes them say "i wouldn't mind owning that one" and then they just seem to open up to all them after that :sweat

13. Here is my take on why dolls create hordes. Or at least why we feel the undeniable attraction to them.

The first time I ever saw a BJD my friend showed me some pictures. I know now that they were pictures of dolls from dream of doll. My first impression was that they were GORGEOUS and I was jealous because they had cooler clothes than I did (still jealous). Then that was then end of that.

However my interest was resparked after returning home from MegaCon 2007 and seeing all the dollies there. I then googled "dollfies" and found aimee's site for her dolls and I saw the "Forum" tab. I clicked it and Learned everything I could about BJDs.

I finally mustered up the courage and money to order a doll. Then I saw the dollmore MOMO boy on dollmore's website. Two days later ordered him. It was an impulse buy but I'm still happy with him to this day :)

Which brings me to what I noticed about dolls and possibly why they create hordes. At times, my life gets amazingly hectic. Especially towards the end of my '06-'07 school year. Around that time I notice that when I was with my doll I was able to relax. And about 2 days ago I realized why. My doll has a perfect unwaivering face. So no matter how stressed out I became I could come home to his strong consistently gentle face and feel relaxed because there was a constant in my life.

So I think that because dolls are therapeutic and serve as an outlet for expression they are so popular. So you naturally want more :)

My horde has already began, I ordered a Unoa Lusis (my first girl :fangirl:) in the recent pre-order.

14. i live in a small town. and i happen to be that friend that everyone comes to and ask what we are going to do. lol. (i honestly hate that^_^) anyways.
      i usually find out about things first and then tell everyone.
      i saw these dolls the first time about 5 years ago. i was looking up pictures of final fantasy vii, and ran across sephiroth, vincient, and jenova. i dont really know what dolls they were but yeah. i thought they were so beautiful. well that was it for that. then sometime last summer i was looking on devient art and saw a hound. i was blown away by hiim. so i searched him and found the luts site. and that opened me up to all the Luts dolls. then i found volks. and then i dont remember how, but i ended up here, and when i would read the post and hear of another company, id search for them. so yeah. i told everyone i could about them. i have a lot of friends who are interested in them, and dont mind sitting here in front of my computer with me and looking at pictures of the dolls and what not, but i dont think any of them would actually buy one considering the prices that they are. so yeah.
      i have them to talk to about BJDs but not really anyone around here who would buy one. so yeha.

15. I sure hope I don't end up with a doll horde. I think I would feel weird with all these dolls in my room wearing $100 outfits and me all in rags XD

16. There is some truth to that, I think. I was going through some crappy stuff health wise when I got my first doll, and having him really cheered me up and gave me something to look forward to. Right now I'm trying to find a job and move out of state, so things are stressfull and up in the air--knowing that I love my dolls, and I'll have them no matter what happens and where I go, is comforting. They're something consistant in my life.

17. I've got a few friends who think they're alright... and one friend who was definitely interested, and borrowed some magazines I had. One friend was absolutely terrified of dolls in general (she refuses to look at the shelves of porcelains I've got)....until I was trying to show her the DoD site.

Me: See? This is the girl I want!
      Friend: Ugh, I don't know how you can sta--....Scroll back up.
      Me: Um... okay.
      Friend: OHMAGAWD. ITS AN EMOBOY.
      Me: Well, actually he's a--
      Friend: SHHHH. Emoboy! *oogles*

18. It seems DOD gets loads of people into dolls, eh? I know when my roommate Auryn was trying to get me into dolls (she succeeded) she told me to look at DOD since her girl was from there...

And at Metro I pulled up DOD and my friend instantly fell for Ducan...she pointed at him in the thumbnails and said, "That one, that one!" and when I brought up the page...we didn't even need to look at anybody else. The great part was that I brought her to the dollfie panel and was able to borrow Alexiel's Ducan for a moment so my friend could hold him and look at him, reinforce that he's what she wants. ^_____^

19. *****n/a*****

20. Hah, and here I thought I was a strange person for infecting so many, and then those people infecting their friends, but it seems like it happens pretty often! XD