1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The inevitability of Doll Hordes

Jul 10, 2007

1. O_O Gwydion, I think you've got something there! All the doll companies are going to send minions after you to stop you revealing the secret to any more people now, aren't they? Uh-oh.

But (relatively) seriously, I honestly have no idea how or why it happens, but they DO have some sort of evil horde-forming power. They've sucked me into the world of BJD collecting with their resiny ways. *cough*Uh...ignore that bit, I'm acting a little strangely, uhm...always. I got sucked all the way in just this year, but I've been curious for a while. Since I live just a few blocks from where Otakon is held every year, I've always seen people carrying BJDs around during it and had a vague interest in what they were, but it wasn't until last year, when I actually went to the con for the first time that I started really seeing them a bit closer and thinking "Hey, these are really cool!" And then, this year...I made the mistake (or perhaps greatly fortunate move) of going into the dealer's room and seeing the BH table. I think I fell in love right then and my reaction to those gorgeous little guys was pretty much "OMG I WANT!" *grabby hands* And then I got curious about all the other dolls and started looking around on the internet, and, well...here I am, with two payments left on my Ark and I'm planning on buying at least three more dolls after i get him. I keep telling everyone, I'm gonna end up the crazy doll lady.

I swear it's the dolls. They're caaalllinngg meeee...someone please help?
      (Aw, who'm I kidding? You guys are probably farther gone than I am. XD)

2. Gwydion: That is freaking hysterical! And oh so true!

Hmmm... My timeline of events to creating my own BJD Horde:
      Animazement 2005: Met Muffin who had a Blue Fairy Jerome. Thought, "Wow! Those are pretty cool. Can I see? (I think she actually let me hold him.) How do you get them? How much are they? Oh..."
      Sitting at my boring internship - May 2006: Hmmm... What were those dolls called again? Oh yeah... *Finds DoA* OH! Look at all the pretty pictures!! Continues to pine away looking at all the pretty (*cough*Rabid Yaoi fangirl at heart*cough*) for the next year.
      March 2007: FINALLY purchase my first BJD. My sweet Blue Fairy Niky, Seth. I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with this one little guy. *rolls eyes*
      August 2007: Sees lindsayscorner's Bambicrony. Checks out the site and *WHAM!!* Is completely floored by the all the cute. Finds a BC Elf Gun on the marketplace because the order period had already ended. Time from seeing him on the website to having him home: exactly 1 week O_O
      Oct/Nov 2007: I currently have 2 dolls on their way home. 1 Bobobie Sprite Girl and a Dollzone Petdoll Fox. >_<

I've been wanting a DoC boy for a while, but he keeps getting pushed back. There's no end in sight and I'll have 4 dolls in less than 1 year. *sigh* I've been trying to get my parents to donate Christmas/Birthday money to the doll fund. I should be able to get enough to get one more. :sweat

Even though I'm not as successful as some, I have gotten 1 person (rabbitdance) into them and I was trying to convert a 2nd, lady at the luggage store. This month, I'm actually getting my Mom to come to the monthly meetup. I doubt I'd convert her, but it's really great that she's interested. ^_^ I'm trying to get my best friend to come, too, but I know she doesn't have much money.

My guy friend at work is convinced I'm raising the Resin Empire and they'll eventually take over the world. I'm pretty sure he's right.

Long live the resin empire!

3. -pledges alliegence to the resin empire- Volks FCS is dangerous. Last night I found the cutest picture of an example of FCS..and decided that she needed to come to me to be friends with the little guy I'm planning. -sigh- I need to get to converting people. But all the folks I know are starving college students...

4. My boyfriend calls home from work and tells me that he's coming home, so I spring on him I found the head I wanted, and when he got home, he goes "LET ME SEE!" and when I showed him he got all excited too! Currently he's helping me find a body for the doll (I did NOT like the body the company had for her, Buddydoll April)!

He's totally interested. And when I told my Mom about them, she got really interested. This should be really fun.

5. I have 2 co-workers coming over tonight, and I can't wait to see if they fall for my dolls the way I think they will! I know my sister has, so here's hoping I get 2 more gals under their spell!

6. Yeah! That's it!

7. ....a mere four months later and I'm up to EIGHT. (plus a floating head) *_*

Someone stop me! XD

8. There using their secert jedi mind powers on us XD!