1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

the Interference of Real Life

Dec 9, 2010

1. Oh yes. This happened to be for 7+ years on my first dolly. Stuff would come up and my dolly fund would end up going else where. I am so glad after all this time I have my first dolly. It was a hard ride but I did it. :)

2. Heh, I'm actually going through one of those 'real life' set backs right now.

I had been on a bit of a BJD hiatus for a couple of years, and recently fell back into the hobby again. I pulled my first BJD out of storage, restrung him and realized just how much I missed having him around. I then fell for the 2013 Luts SDF summer event head, and well, now I have BJD number 2 sitting on my computer desk. I even started humoring the idea of bringing an other doll or two home, as well! I started being excited about that BJD hobby spark starting a new! ....Buuuuuuut...

Before I could really solidify any future BJD plans... My dog had a very aggressive case of Acute Pancreatitis about 2 weeks ago that required surgery and 10 days of 24hour care... I'm actually very fortunate that she pulled through and is recovering as well as she is! ((She made the clinic's wall of fame))... Now, some things in life are far more important then others... and for me, my fuzzy little roomate counts as one of those priorities.
      How ever.... 10 days of 24 hour vet care is very... very... very expensive. My savings took a massive hit. It'll take me a while to recover and to even think about bringing home an other new doll again
      ((But no worries! I'm honestly just very thankful that my dog is on a very good path to recovery! I'd choose her over any doll, any day!))

3. Real life always gets in the way... So far I've managed to consistently keep my fund up somehow in between everything but my family's economical situation is gradually worsening which means it will take me twice -if not more- as long to save up for anything in the hobby since in between my university sapping my money and the lesser amounts that trickle in it's harder now. I don't really complain as I'm quite persistent all things considered, however! And to be honest the slower pace is rather welcome too while I'm at it...!! xP

4. It took me about a year to save for my first doll and I got my second while I was waiting for him to come home because I had gotten a job a while before I ordered him, then xmas really helped. But then I had some personal problems and had to leave my job, since then I've had little to no income so I haven't been able to save ANYTHING.

On top of that I really need to return home to Scotland which is going to cost me like $4,000+ since I have a cat and I need to pay shipping for some of my things (including my two dolls) and all of that takes precedence. So I'm really stressed out and things just keep getting worse for me which is making the time before I can complete my two resin folk that I have now and before I can even THINK about actually buying my next doll longer. It's actually kind of upsetting. But hopefully I can at least pick up wigs for xmas, with a bit of luck.

5. them I'm lucky to have a job with no much expenses :p
      the problem is that I live in an isolated town .. most of the shipping carriers don't come this way :(
      so when I got the chance to study in UK I got my June and was soooo thrilled lol

but now I'm saving to buy a car and small amounts go to the doll saving *_*
      hope it'll work in the end ^^

6. Yes! Real life has been putting my dolly plans on hold quite a few times for years at a time and it is SO annoying!! I was finally able to buy my first BJD, Nadeko, and get her some nice clothes just before things started getting really bad (she's been a great help though the tougher times) but another doll is certainly out of the question for a long while to come. Now that I have at least her though, it's alright, I'm pretty content with being able to buy her one outfit a year and just having her with me until I can afford another doll. At the moment I am just out of university and looking for a job so needless to say that most of my savings are going to necessities like business appropriate clothes, laptop repairs, new glasses, suitcases, ect. But hopefully once I get a job and things settle down I'll be able to get Nadeko one of her sisters.

7. It seems to me like every day it's been something new to get in the way of my doll time.
      Sometimes I keep thinking that maybe this hobby isn't for me, since there is always something in real life to keep me from enjoying my dolls. But then whenever I get any free time at all, I can't help but think about my dolls and all the things I want to do with them if only I didn't have to sleep!:...(

#47 Serdtse, Jun 29, 2016
      Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    8. Real Life always has to come before a hobby, unfortunately. I think if you put hobbies first, it is only because you can somehow manage to keep Real Life away--either wisely (as in, your hobby is important and you are going to make your living that way--or some other reason that makes the hobby more important than just fun in leisure time), or unwisely (you have gone overboard and are ignoring things you really should be doing!!! Do not do this! It is no fun, but you need to be smart and take care of Real Life things first).

9. Yes, like times when I set up payment arrangements with people or do layaways something always gets in the way to delay the process rather it be car troubles, to loans to family emergencies there is always something that comes knocking and ruin my dolly plans then I even lose out on my doll or I end up having to start all over again....

10. Yes, recently my family ran into some debt problems. I sold some of my dolls to help out. It made me sad for a while but hey, that's life for ya, and I guess because I didn't bond with those dolls it wasn't much of a big loss...and its not like the dolls I sold were limited so I would be hopefully able to get them again in the future, maybe when it's ok and the money thing is no longer an issue.

11. All the time. In fact today is the first time in a while that I've actually sat down to participate much in threads here. I have to quit soon actually. I have to rest a while then work a 7 hour shift all night. I have a graphics job to finish tomorrow. Tons of laundry to do. Then I have to work another shift. I won't be tying at anyone here much this week. The whole week is going to be like that. I have to eat and type just to get a few words on here lately, laugh....