1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Majority of your Doll collection is which size?

Jan 22, 2010

?
  1. Mecha Angel/SSD/Hound

2. SD

3. MSD

4. Yo-SD

5. Tinies/BB

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. My very frist doll was a MSD. She was the fisrt BJD i have ever seen in person. So when it came time to fall in love with another sculpt i found myself drawn to another MSD. I really like their size, not to big not to small.
      I don't have anything against SD. I am planning to get one at some point. I think that it would be great to have a SD sized doll because they have alot more options when it comes to clothing, wigs, etc.
      The only kind of doll i don't see myself getting is a 1/2 scale doll. I am a very short person and i think that a doll this size would be overwelming. That dosen't mean that i don't think they are beautiful dolls. I realy love most of the Mecha Angels sculpts their just to big!

2. Only MSD at the moment. Not because I have anything against SDs, but MSDs are a bit easier to afford and, more importantly, I haven't fallen in love with any SD sculpts like I have my MSD girls. :)

3. So far all I have is one MSD. :p

But some day... wait, yeah, I'll have more MSDs than anything else. XD

4. Well, I was planning on keeping them MSD size (I have two), but I tend to like my dolls to look more mature, so I am really gravitating towards owning a whole slew of SDs :sweat

So far, I have four SDs on order with one of them being 67.5cm--the others range from 57cm to 65cm. I'm already planning on more SDs, one of which will be at least 70cm. Geez, I need more space to put my resin family :)

5. I have four MSDs, an SD, and a Puki. Planned... it will probably end up as MSDs, but with a good number of YOs and SDs. I like my SD, but I had the MSDs first and I do like them a lot.

6. I have all SD's. ^__^

7. Oh man, I have a tie! Guess that means I can't vote. :sweat I have:

1 hound
      2 MSD
      2 YoSD
      1 tiny

However, I have 1 hound (Super Gem) and 2 MSDs on the way home. So I guess eventually my MSDs will win.

8. My doll collection currently consists of 3 MSDs, and an SD, all girls.

I'm forcing myself to get some taller dolls before I get any more MSDs (let's see if that works, haha, I just love the minis).

9. What doll size makes up the majority of your collection right now?
      Lessee... I've got 1 tiny, 1 MSD, 1 SD and 3 70cm/hounds. Gee that was hard ^.^;
      funny though, Lane was my first, and he was an MSD. After Archane (my second 70cm) and Thalen (my first Sd) I kept promising myself no more boys bigger than SD. Heh, I guess when I ordered Raiken (70cm) and Derrik (tiny) that was supposed to average out?

- not including floating heads (or bodies for that matter)
      Poor Jericho the floating body 65 doesn't count ^.^

- And not including any dolls you plan to add to your collection.

*snicker* plans, oh my, two more 65cm boys... the 70cm centaur eventually... Wow, I suck at keeping that no big boys promise...

- Any dolls on layaway or in transit also do not count.
      At least I'm not in that boat ^.^;

10. Hmm i can't vote since i got 2 SDs, 2 MSDs and 1 Tiny.

11. My collection only consists of 70cm types (well, 65 cm for my current girl, but she's still in that range as an EID): 1 male and 1 female EID and 1 Buddydoll with Minimee head.

The soon-to-arrive Dollmore model, while in transit doesn't really count per the OP, but she's still in that size range.

12. All three of my current dolls are MSD size.

13. 1/4 scale / MSD for me.

But the 60-70cm SSD are tempting, especially Dollmore's Dollpire Amelia...

Phil.

14. for the moment 4 MSD and 1 tiny! I love Msd and under sizes! :)

15. If floating heads and dolls in transit don't count, then my entire collection is Yo-SD sized. X3 Love my little ones!

16. The majority of my dolls range between 58 and 63 cms. So SD sized. I have 3 in this size with two more planned (have the heads hope to have bodies soon). I also have 1 70cm and 2 26cms. Early on I had thought the majority of my dolls would be around the 70cm range, but it turns out I'm pretty happy with the 60cm boys. I've surprised myself recently by adding an MSD boy to my wish list. I think he may be my birthday gift from hubby too so that would be amazing and wonderful. My first doll was an MSD and I didn't bond with her. I thought it was her size but now I'm pretty sure it was because she was A) female, B)an impulse buy and C) had no character. But I had decided I would never have another MSD, until I saw the face of Angelheim's Luka wolf. Now I have to have him. He is the ideal shell for a character and I am very excited. Funny how things like that work out. Now I need to buy MSD clothes.

17. 1 SD
      6 MSDs
      9 Tinies/Yo-SDs (as I count Yos as tinies *shrugs* & not counting the 2 floating heads)

18. Currently, 23 SD (including Soom Monthlies), 1 Mecha Angel, 2 EID, 1 tiny, the rest (14) MSD.

I agree with Tygati - I just gravitate towards the "presence" that the bigger guys have.
      I used to think I wouldn't get any MSDs, but ... something happened. And I definitely seem to go through periods where I'm looking for mini sized ones, but for the most part, the big boys are definitely the ones for me.
      I keep trying the tinies, but so far they've all been sold but the one Soom Bygg. I think he's just quirky enough that he'll stay. At least for a while yet. :)

19. 1 EID, 2 MSDs, 1 60cm, 1 63 cm, 1 70cm, 1 tiny.... and two 70cms on order.

My MSDs are nice for carrying in my tote bag but the big boys, that's where the love is! Maybe it's their presence, I couldn't say, but they are funner to carry around, shoot photostories for and just hang out with...

20. 3 MSD
      1 SD

Eventually 1 tiny, 3 MSD, and maybe 2 SD, but as of right now I only have those 4.