1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The most expensive doll/accessory you ever bought.

Feb 26, 2019

1. Most expensive is my Dust of Dolls Doom Bomi. I bought her in euros (1000) and conversion rate from euros to Canadian dollars was terrible. She probably costed around $1300-$1500 canadian dollars.

@Shire13 Unrelated but I just want to say I love your profile pic! I romanced him in DA2. :love

2. so... after just buying my most expensive doll accessory yet, I remembered this thread xD
      I just bought a wig for about 120€... I still can't belive I really did it... but it is just perfect and soooo pretty... I really should stay away from SophyMolly's Etsy store... her wigs are just the most beautiful ones I have ever seen and I always wanted to own one for one of my dolls, since I first found her shop... no, the day has come :XD:

3. I just paid way more for a second hand Fifth Motif Venitu. He is an older version than my new ones, but I paid extra because no waiting other then layaway time and he was already faced up. Also was in USA. I would not do that again. I know I am just being impulsive, but he's here for good.

4. My wallet is crying 999 tears- and then some more for shipping... for a fullset Dollzone Snow Fulai with the brown skin... I still have payments to make... and while I wait, I'm spending all my time browsing everywhere to find her the perfect outfit- but shopping for a refined lady with horns, wings and a tail is proving to be very difficult...

5. I haven't bought him yet because I'm waiting to see if they do an event first. But it'll be a senior65 boy from luts. I'm seriously balking at myself for even thinking of dropping the money but also jumping in my seat just waiting to click the checkout button. Lol. Most of my dolls haven't been over $350 (before taxes and not including shipping. I never think of shipping as part of the doll's value, it's a seperate expense) and are mostly second hand.

6. A pair of crystal eyes - 60 USD
      Well I have a set of doll cloth for 170 AUD

7. Die teuerste Puppe ist meine Popovy Sisters Little Owl Ich habe 1000 Euro für sie bezahlt.

8. DearSD Una.
      But my FCS F-01 is a very close second.

9. Lol mine was Dear SD Nana. I bought a Veronica Elisse dress for her... also expensive. I don't think I'd buy another doll as expensive as her but who knows? xD

10. Without a doubt my Volks Romantic Glance Williams (I was lucky though - managed to get on the event and thus, get him for his original price, not re-sale price), closely followed by my LLT Ahaz (with additional Ludwig head). No regrets in both cases - 10/10, would buy again. ;)

11. my feeple60 chloe that i’m paying off will be my most expensive doll, and the most expensive item i’ve bought for one was the $60 wig for my minifee chloe

12. My Cuarto Hecate (wolf!!) is the most expensive doll I've bought at $1010.50. But she's gorgeous and I love her so much. Luckily, she doesn't need any accessories.

Most expensive accessory is harder, since I haven't kept good track... maybe the custom wigs from Amadiz for big & lil Ilari, or their custom Mystic eyes? Actually, it's probably the off topic Rosenlied "Fairy Tale" doll + her wig, outfit, shoes, etc. Since she's off topic (painted eyes) she technically counts as an accessory, right? :XD:

13. My Volks Williams (Young Ensign) (~$1700). Followed by my Illusion Garden Unicorn Yuli (~$950), after getting the head, faceup, and body.
      Someday I would love to buy a Romantic Glance Williams, but I'm not sure if I can muster up the strength to drop almost $4,000 on a doll. His second-hand price just blows my mind.

14. If I coun eyes as an accessory than eyes for 80$. I love unusual eyes.

15. Sometimes I shock myself on what I am willing to spend on dolls/accessories vs what I'm willing to spend on myself. I just dropped $350 on several pairs of specialty eyes and $150 on what I'm praying will be the perfect wig but I can't bring myself to buy like, say a new pair of shoes for me if they're over $50. SMH. Hobby interests are like that sometimes I guess.

16. a lot of you make me feel a lot less guilty about what I'm willing to pay for my grail.

My most expensive doll is my first and currently only complete resin bjd, a brand new 65cm Souldoll boy at $750usd including shipping.
      accessories... I don't have too many and stay very cheap so if you don't count the large grab bag assortment of clothes i got for $85, my most expensive single accessory would be a $35 for a wig?

17. $400 for Desers set. I am addicted to Desers but atm cannot buy much if it.

In this hobby it’s great because it has a huge range of price so when people say it’s “suuuper expensive” it’s really about how much you want to spend. You can totally make this an egregious blow to your wallet, and you can make it very reasonable and have amazing and beautiful completed dolls as well.

#57 ethlynn, Apr 12, 2020
      Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    18. I just bought an Immortality of Soul Count of Monte Cristo. The doll was made for the 15th anniversary of my favorite anime. He ran me just under $1600.

19. Has to be the 1/3 men's suits, over $60 each, but I refuse to sew them -- all those tiny little details. I'd hate to
      check what they are going for now, since it has been a couple of years since I got mine.

20. As far as I remember...dollwise it was an Iplehouse EID Chase for 700 USD or something. It was a time when these guys had a monopoly in comparatively realistic, big boys.

My most expensive accessory...maybe a lute at 50 USD?

Outfit-wise: the infamous Iple leather biker combi at 225 USD unshipped.