1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The most expensive doll/accessory you ever bought.

Feb 26, 2019

1. Mine was definitely my Switch boy, he came in at around $1300 and I didn't choose layaway with him, but accessories, probably a 150 dollar suit for one of my SDs. I wouldn't even spend that much money on my own clothes!!

2. Probably close to $700 on a Lillycat Ellana, I don't want to spend that much on a doll ever again.

3. *sigh* I'm back, beating my record. $853 for a Delf Tanning El, shipping, and fees. Good news, he's a grail? And I'll have him as soon as he ships out this week.

Eta: eventually he'll get his own clothes.
      [​IMG]Apollo by coriander homethorpe, on Flickr

#63 ihnasarima, Oct 19, 2020
      Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    4. Of those I've bought, Raccoon Doll Elf Erika, was the most expensive, even though ordered during a sale. I probably won't have her in my hands before December. Of the dolls I have home now, Soom Noellia was the most expensive. She was $404 blank, due to being in the "Coffee Black" resin. She's one of only 50 made in that color. I was enchanted by her face sculpt in that color. And a bit disappointed that her resin color should be called Grape Juice, once I got her. The most expensive accessory I ever bought was her Oscar doll eyes.

5. My boy Arioch is on his way to that point. $820 for the FairyLand Sia seahorse with all extra parts (partially recouped by selling the Sia heads, but spent again buying the Karsh heads he has now), plus a custom wig, extra parts (wings), and he'll probably need custom eyes too...

6. Will be paying $980 for my Popovy Doll (Venus-1 body, Quetzal face mold, eyes and septum ring/earrings).

7. It an expensive hobby to have.

8. Yes definitely. But knowing all the work that goes into it, I totally understand why independent artists charge the way they do. Their work is incredible and they need the money to survive. It feels good knowing that I am contributing not just to a business, but their lives as well.

9. Oh yes I understand and at the end of the day it is our decision whether we buy them or not. If you don't like a price don't buy. As I am new to these dolls I am just researching before I take the plunge.

10. Yes agreed. It's definitely a good idea to do your research and figure out if it's worth it to you. I have bought many dolls in the past so dropping that sum of money is not as difficult anymore (lol). There are also some very fascinating videos on YouTube showing the creation process for resin and porcelain dolls (for the latter there is a lot more work involved after the casting is done). It was very enlightening for me.

11. Most expensive blank doll would probably be BlackCherryDolls Brownie, which I just bought the other day! She's a limited batch in cherry red resin, and with shipping she cost $518. Otherwise, it'd be my Dust of Dolls Appi Jama, who is still on the way, but she's coming with clothes, a wig, eyes, and a Viridian House faceup for $600 plus shipping (can't remember off the top of my head though.)

If we're allowed to count dolls we don't personally own, but we purchased ourselves, I bought my girlfriend's Soom Morga/Miracledoll hybrid. She cost a grand total of $895, our most expensive bjd between the two of us!!

Our motivation for buying all of these were our own personal style and the fact that all three of them are unique! Soom Morga was limited, cherry red BlackCherry Brownie was limited, and Dust of Dolls Appi Jama won't be sold again in NS, so I'd been really hoping to find one secondhand!

12. Maybe my second boy was the most exepensive. (Ringdoll Law on a 71cm Dream Valley body) But all 3 of my dolls was about 600$+costum+tax

13. Most expensive doll I ever bought was 7 years ago a volks liselotte head for around $1200 I believe. Sold her for a lot less sadly. I must have been out of my mind :XD:

14. The most expensive doll I've bought is my Fifth motif Venitu. I can't even write it down because it makes me so tense when I think about it. I won't do it again :|. And the most expensive thing I've bought for a doll must be an outfit, but I have more than one expensive outfit. It must be around $300?

15. My SOOM boy. I got him used for $800 and it included the full set. The seller was super nice and gave me a discount.
      I did just pay $85 on a wig for him (custom) so that's the most expensive thing I bought for him so far...

16. I feel like I already commented on a similar thread, but the quality of my memory is as good as moldy bread... it might just be my imagination. DX

I know that my Mano is the most expensive toy or doll I ever purchased because I had just purchased the LE Crisis Core PSP ($775), just a bit before I got the Mano. My friends made fun of me (all in good fun), for purchasing a doll that cost me more than a PS3 (at the time), and came blank, no wig, no eyes just a very large blank, nude doll inside a very large box. I feel like I remember it being the PS3 due to them joking about its price, but that wasn't as expensive as either the LE PSP nor the Mano. ^.^;; I don't regret any of those purchases, but I am a bit worried about my memory only going down hill.

Luckily for me (unluckily for my dolls), I don't purchase BJD clothes; I stopped purchasing shoes, wigs and eyes a long time ago and I never really spent more than $40 on a pair of shoes. Which were the most expensive items I did purchase once upon a lifetime. I mostly spent money on the dolls themselves, and pretty much never on the accessories or clothes. (:

17. Ack, our most expensive doll that we paid for is a Volks SD13 Jun Tachibana with original face-up, clothing, accessories, shoes, box, and even the Haute Doll magazine she was ordered from. We got her back at the height of her popularity (2008) on the secondhand market here for $1700. Then our next most expensive doll is another Volks SD13 Jun Tachibana. Not as mint as the first one but it's my husband's favorite sculpt/doll so she was about $1365, also from the Marketplace here and also came with everything back in 2016. Third most expensive doll was a Volks DearSD Kun with everything including original Baby the Stars Shine Bright outfit/shoes/accessories, etc. She was about $1200 plus S&H in the early part of 2020 (yay and boo to pandemic).

Seriously, it was cheaper for us to get mint in box Volks directly from Volks, but it seems we are drawn to the limited ones in near mint condition with all the original packaging and stuff. :doh*sighs* :sweat Heck, even my Grail doll was cheaper. Hahahahaha. And he was found on the Marketplace too. I think we are safe for now. Or until another Volks Suiguitou comes around (our last Grail doll).:kitty1:dance

18. I so have empathy for you.
      The same for anyone who has been in the situation feeling “I HAVE TO HAVE X” and you have to literally decide in the next minute. Credit cards make it too easy to say ‘yes’.

19. This is the most expensive one; I will never spend that much again.

SiO2 Funan

[​IMG]

20. I think most expensive doll was my Migidoll boy. He's got my most expensive body. I remember being interesting in the Yujin sculpt at the time and happened to find a head for sale second hand. A year or so later Migidoll released a new body and I was also able to get that at a reduced cost :)

Most expensive single accessory I bought was a Loongsoul dragon claw. Resin props be $$$. Honestly it just looked cool and I'm sure one of my two hunter/warrior characters will use it eventually! :sweat