1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The most expensive thing you've bought for your doll

Dec 2, 2016

1. Why was the dress so expensive? Because it was custom made?

2. My most expensive doll item is an outfit for about 60usd. But I'm hoping to gets some wigs soon which will probably be double that.

Oh I'm hoping to get a wig from amadiz studio soon. Would you be able to let me know what it's like when you get it? :)

3. Yes, custom-made to fit that specific body and it's also got very nice little details that don't come out in that crappy pic, plus the fabric and quality are awesome (like how the seams are finished and the dress is made as a whole - I'd consider it a professional sewing level)! Good quality got its price and I'm happy to pay it. :)

4. Another doll. LOL!
      My dollmore trinity doll wanted her own dolls so I bought two little ones that came to more than $500.
      [​IMG]

(I'm selling them now because it was a total impulse buy. :sweat)

5. i bought some jewelry (a necklace!) from my favourite brand while i was in the carribbean on vacation with my family for my first SD boy, whose body i didn't have at that point, so the scale is off. so it's mine now, i suppose, but i'm planning on getting it remade in a smaller size so that it's in scale with him and then we can match~~ ^0^
      he's my grail and he's soooo spoiled, i don't buy him anything unless it's expensive basically. @___@
      by the time i'm done with him i think everything about him will be custom made orz

i'd love to make a doll room, bu i just don't have the space, i really envy you guys who do..!! *_*

6. I see. I want to show you my custom made doll clothes which is the most expensive so far I bought for my doll. However, I have problem for linking the photo. Actually, I have not success for the photo thing /_\

It's a cloak with beading just like the Phantom of the Opera.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]

#26 NikiMarple, Dec 9, 2016
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    7. So far the most expensive thing I have purchased for my dolls was a 55 dollar outfit. I'm sure I'll end up buying something more expensive down the line. The room box I want has been calling my name for some time now :sweat

8. An older brother.

[​IMG]

Generally, the most expensive things I buy for my dolls are other dolls!

Linda S.
      galatia9

#28 galatia9, Dec 9, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    9. [​IMG]

This sofa from Volks. It was about $350, but it's so beautiful for photos~

10. most expensive so far is the doll its self haha, but she will have more stuff in the future

11. Well, maybe the custom made oak armoire at $150, or maybe my Iplehouse Carina's sapphire and 14K gold necklace, or the ruby I glued into Lahela's bellybutton? I don't know the prices on the jewelry, as the stones were bought many years ago.

12. expensive fancy doll jewelry? much approval from me~
      by any chance do you remember where you got the jewelry made? i'm looking for some custom in-scale fancy stuff for one of my boys :o

13. Oh, sure, my next door neighbor made it, she is a professional silversmith. I can give you her contact info if you want.

14. Spent $250 on a leather coat. It's perfect and I love it.

15. Buying my SD couple and Yo-SD couple matching outfits from Dollheart was my most expensive purchase for the dolls. The four outfits cost just under 500$, one of them being a limited edition Dollheart Fer.

16. I bought Cardinal (EID Tedros) for Kestrel (my EID Bibiane). :lol:

17. Freedom Teller suits. x_x those are the death of me

18. Most expensive aside from my 75cm boys, is a new sewing machine and most recently a new serger to make them an entire wardrobe.

19. I think the most expensive thing for my dolls, would be a ooak outfit from yahoo auctions. Got into a bidding war and paid around $ 400 for it. I don't regret it, it's still my favorite outfit <3

20. By far the most expensive thing I've bought my dolls is both Luts Delf Schahriar outfits, at a cost of over $200 with shipping, even doing them both in group orders. (And both were purchased individually, since one was out of stock when I grabbed the other. And both went on sale a week after the GO orders went in.) But man, do the boys I bought them for look good together in them. :)