1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The most expensive thing you've bought for your doll

Dec 2, 2016

1. Not counting the cost to set up the doll room with lots and lots of shelves, I have gotten a couple of antique beds at just under a hundred each, but they are big enough to fit a couple of SD size dolls. The mid century kitchen was $100, but it is in the appropriate scale for these same SD's. Really I do NOT want to think about the total cost of my doll rooms in the doll room.

2. I feel so poor now since the most expensive thing I have bought is probably $30 pastel chalk set. I opt to make everything myself but I'm a potato when it comes to sewing.

3. I'd love to see pictures of these <3

My minifee girls have a huge amount of clothes that are easily worth over $500, and that's being conservative.
      I can't think of one piece or one thing in particular that was a whole lot of money, though. I tend to be good at finding good deals. Even the doll furniture I've gotten has been wonderfully priced.

4. I haven't bought objects for my dolls yet but I do find myself buying super expensive fabrics for making their clothes....easily spent £100+ on just fabrics for them >.> xD

5. I must know where you got these little dolls! :aeyepop:

6. The most expensive things I've bought (other than other dolls) are probably limited outfits at around $100- $150 each. I also commissioned a wig for just under $100. So nothing super, super expensive but way more than I ever thought I'd spend on outfits or wigs when I started this hobby!

7. I got them from Junky Spot. They are Limhwa dolls. 27cm. :)

8. Aaa, thank you so much <3

9. All my dolls have animal spirit guides and the most expensive item I purchased was a poseable art doll from Creatures of Nat on etsy for $300.00. She is an amazing artist from Australia. She creates very realistic animals (some fantasy too).I would love to commission her to do more animals for me but I have limited funds right now. Sorry but I still have not been able to post pictures here yet.

10. So far it's been a corset, skirt and underwear matching set that came up to around $40 if I remember correctly. It looks really good on her, so it was money well spent!

11. Mine was a DSLR to shoot pictures of my crew, was around $700 but I also use it for other things as well, not just for my dolls! Although they were the main reason behind getting it... ;)

12. I don't know if this count but mine is probably the new face-up I commissioned for her. It's not an object but still very expensive haha.
      Second most expensive would be ED urethane eyes!

13. Looking back at my spreadsheet (yes... I have one for all things dolly) it was an older Luts outfit I bought secondhand. "The Lizard Queen"
      Since I am lacking any full body shots on this computer of my girl in hers, here is the company photo:
      [​IMG]

I wish they still made outfits like this. I have the boy version as well, along with another one called "Dusty Wind" that was a close second in most expensive item.
      I think at one point I sold off the most expensive item I had. It was a very pretty dress, also from Luts (the one they show IF in).

14. That sofa is fabulous!!

15. Magician cloth set from Soom. it costs me $400 AUD*_*

16. Does buying a doll a friend of a sibling count?

If we're talking strictly clothes or accessories, then probably clothing sets. I have a few that cost around $130 a piece. Mostly older DollHeart stuff. In general, I don't spend that much on clothes anymore unless I'm completely certain it's something the character is going to be using long term or is fundamental to their wardrobe.

17. I bought my doll the complete outfit for RingDoll Carlos. That was $225 with the boots.
      I also just bought a craft table with cubbies to put my dolls up away from my dog.
      I will also be buying a sewing machine as well.
      My dolls are going to ruin me.

18. Gosh, I hope not, I bought one of my dolls an entire family....

19. Oh, that's an easy question, a wig xD I spent around 150$ on that high-quality custom-made wig, and I don't regret it at all!

20. For now, the LUTS KDF Brio set! The colors and angel theme were absolutely perfect for my OC that I plan to shell, and since it was limited edition I actually ended up ordering clothes before the doll itself, pfft!