1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The most expensive thing you've bought for your doll

Dec 2, 2016

1. Several years ago I purchased one of the limited Volks BTSSB outfits for about $300.

2. Was it worth the cost?

3. Last year I bought a dress from Yahoo japan auction for about USD 425...I once saw the dress on twitter (with a cute SD girl wearing it) when I first got into this hobby in June 2016 and I thought wow this dress is so pretty!! I would pay for it no matter how expensive it is! (thinking I would never get a chance to have it). And a few months later I accidentally saw it on Yahoo JP...so I really bid and won it ^_^
      This is the most expensive thing I've ever bought for my doll so far...

4. The 'home' for my dolls, cost around 700 pound from a vintage market. Its a beautiful oak cabinet.

5. I don't believe any single item I've bought for my dolls has been that expensive, but collectively all their clothes round up to a nice sum.

6. Probably thier wigs v.v I have set a limit though to not spend more than a certain amount...but i clearly lied to myself xD

7. It sure was. I bought it so that both of my SD girls (Volks Rose & Suiseiseki) would both be wearing BTSSB.

8. Hmmm I just got into the hobby so I don't have much that I bought, but I am currently spending $100 on an outfit for my doll.

Otherwise I spent about or over $100 on faceup materials as well!

9. Mine would be this Ringdoll coffin.
      [​IMG]

10. Bought an outfit for my Dollmore trinity that was a lot, but I love it. :)

11. Honestly, a 35£ wig. The worst thing about that? I ordered the wrong size and realized when it was too late. :) I have no dolls that will fit it, lol.

12. I bought a Freedom Teller suit for my IH EID - that put me back about $200. I believe that's the most expensive single item so far (I'm eyeing a 1:3 scale motorcycle & they run $250 plus....)

13. I have a set of two 1/3 size Victorian style chairs and matching sofa valued at $1500. The sofa alone is valued at $900.

...and for myself, I have a human-size refurbished Egyptian style seatee made in the late 1890s that only cost me $80. My dolls are sitting prettier than me. >______>

14. It's got to be either a fullset outfit or some old Fairyland event wings, I'm thinking the wings but I'm not sure. Both are in the same picture here(the fullset outfit and the big wings). Sometimes I think I spoil Sibel way too much compared to my other dolls. She's just so cute though, I can't help it! :XD:

[​IMG]
      An angel's postcard
      by Akara, on Flickr

15. I spent close to $200 for an outfit. It was expensive but boy is it gorgeous.

16. I never tend to eye expensive fullsets or clothing items, preferring to buy individual pieces until I can start making my own stuff. Although there are times I eyed those Stacy's Pink Ocean traditional styled Asian dresses on a few occasions...:D

As for what broke the bank for purchases, so to speak...I recently ordered a custom wig from SophyMolly on Etsy for one of my boys with a difficult to shop for styled wig. I normally don't like shelling out the amount I did for wigs, but I was having a difficult time finding a specific wig that fit, and I didn't want to make a botched attempt at doing one for him myself. I'm calling it a birthday present for myself :XD:

Eventually I plan on getting one of those Eve Cat cats for one of my guys, but I have a few other priorities to deal with first:)

17. I bought one of my dolls a volks outfit set for 130$, that's as expensive as I would go for an outfit. The only way I will spend more than 200$ is if it's on a whole other doll.

18. Definitely clothing for me... I think the most I've spent on an outfit was around $200, seems I'm not the only one!

19. Not including a DSLR like someone pointed out (LOL), my most expensive purchase would be a beautiful LE outfit set from a doll company that costs over $200 including Paypal fees and shipping, but I have since sold it. Currently the most expensive stuff I've bought for my dolls that are still with me are jointed hands (does this count) followed by outfit sets and an Oriental style furniture that costs over $100. I don't even spend that much on my own outfits.... :lol:

20. I think the most expensive thing I bought for my dolls so far... Is a Volks x h.naoto set--- I bought two of them when I dragged my friend into Volks Korea. I was surprised they even had them, and since I love h.naoto I bought them ( I think they ended up being around 200 each? ) :sweat I kind of regret not buying the boy set as well, but at the time I didn't have any boys. I ended up selling one of the sets because it didn't suit any of my girls.

If I don't include outfit sets... Probably a pair of shoes, most likely a pair for one of my girls. Something like 40-50cad after factoring in the exchange rate. I can't remember anymore :sweat

Overall my dolly spending goes as follows: Dolls, clothes, more clothes, wigs, shoes, eyes, clothes, storage item, misc.:sweat