1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The most expensive thing you've bought for your doll

Dec 2, 2016

1. A couple of 27cm resin dolls for my dolls but they were as much for me as for them (especially our Unola who was more expensive than she lets on) so there's that! Funny side-note: both little brats decided they were their own beings and declined to be 'owned' at all and the dolls I got them for do not want them either. How do I know? You can just tell! Airbrush but that is also for other art.

Not counting those, I think most expensive so far was an SD size Dollheart Fer set. But I have been slack in getting some more clothing and accessories I really like for everyone so I've good intentions for some bad spending in our future.

2. I don't remember, either the custom made oak armoire, or the sapphire / 14k gold necklace. Though the genuine leather English riding boots from Freedom Teller still rank as the coolest!

3. I think the most expensive items have been raouken corsets and frappzilla's wigs. But those are totally worth every penny!

4. The most expensive I got for my dolls is a doll bed! It cost a bomb with the shipping :/ It's meant for my SD size doll but due to space constraints I couldn't keep it for Long and had to resell it at nearly half of what I got it for. Still burns a hole in my wallet though XD

5. If display space counts, the most expensive thing I've bought for my dolls is the metal and glass shelving unit from IKEA that they live in. Other than that - maybe some of the shoes? That weren't that expensive though.

6. The most expensive thing I purchased for my doll would probably be a custom faceup on both OE and dreaming heads with fantasy parts blushing for about $300-$350ish.

7. 45euro for an handmade outfit and a sewing machine for 150euro ^^
      The other things were cheap.

8. Hmm for a single item.... probably $250 USD for an outfit for my Soom Idealian. I've spent a great deal on expensive clothes... but that single outfit was the most.

9. So far, it's some clothes but averages about $30 per piece.
      I only have 1 doll so far, but I'm contemplating on getting a custom wig based on a game character done for her. The creator is asking for $95 commission before shipping. If I take it, that'll be the most expensive ever.

By the way, does anyone ever buy insurance for their dolls?

10. A Souldoll dress for around 300 eur (~ 320 usd). I wasn't even sure when I bought it at the Dolk booth if I have a doll it would fit (fortunately it did fit my Soom girl or I would have to buy a doll for the dress). ^^;
      No regrets.

11. A one-off dress on painted wings. It was perfect for my doll and her character but I swore I'd never spend that much on doll clothes. Now I'm casually planning a second order.... oops. Should probably wait for the tax return.

12. $266 for a doll dress called "Exotic Blue" from Martha Boers of Antique Lilac.

13. Oh geez.... I'm kinda cheap when it comes to outfits but I did once spend about 65 dollars on a dress... I'd love to have a nice cabinet though.

14. A cat from Wallyora Morring for Maddy. Yeah, she's spoiled.

15. My most expensive purchase (it hasn't arrived yet) is the IslandDoll Veranoen full set. Clothing was something like 140$, plus boots and wig... he's also not going to be easy to see for - I kinda want to make his dress in silk, and no matter what I do it'll be complex and consume a lot of time and material! Single item though so far has been 54$ USD for a pair of boots.

Though I've seen some furniture I really want, I'm going to force myself to try making it first. But that 200$ Ming-style chair... -grabby hands- (And if I ever found an SD sized Chippendale style piece... please don't link me any my bank account could not handle the blow.)

16. I've several pieces of doll furniture that ran around $100 each (couches, a dining table, a Japanese folding screen) and I've a Freedom Teller suit for my EID that ran close to $200.

17. A red polkadot dress.

18. I think the doll cloths, approx $150, then the eye balls, $120 for a pair. And all the other small stuffs adds up. Doll himself is not that much compare to all the accessories :doh

19. My single most expensive purchase was $170 usd for an outfit from Cheerydoll. Definitely worth it.

20. Their display cabinet, really just a bookshelf with glass doors. It was about $200.