1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The most expensive thing you've bought for your doll

Dec 2, 2016

1. My most expensive single doll item was hands down the Feeple65 Chole Moonlight fullset outfit. It cost me roughly around $280 but so worth it. Haven't seen anyone selling that outfit for more than a year now. Freedom Teller suit set came close though.

#101 KuroHitsuji, Aug 23, 2017
      Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    2. wow, wish I could do a doll room remodel! I think the most expensive thing I've purchased for my dolls would be a room box with vintage furniture, but so fun and well worth it!

3. For one of my dolls? His shoes. Which are unisex and work for both genders so they float around a lot.

4. Impulse buy, should really have done my research. But perhaps, it would be totally worth it.

Bought 2 dresses and a cape that totalled 700 usd ish from someone I commissioned. Even though I think the pictures of them were great, I don't think they are worth the costs (or the seriously annoying issues the seller brought up). I will see when they turn up in October.

5. A mini cross-bow. It works well and made from steel. I can play with that too but it is for my dark elf to use <3 :)

edit: ohh i forgot... I bought a BJD for my BJD ... (yeah i am crazy) But i promised to my Kimmuriel that i will bough his partner character if i will have money.... and i had money just from inexplicable lucky. I won it. Really.... so i bought my 3rd BJD (Rai'gy Bondalek) from that money to my second BJD (Kimmuriel on my profile pic) . XD

6. Now the most expensive thing I have ever bought my dolls is a pair of Oscardoll eyes. With shipping they were $50! But they are beautiful, and the fairy wearing them deserves fancy eyes.

7. Several of my BJDs have siblings. Buying other dolls for my dolls are the priciest things I've gotten them.

8. Hand down, a $230 limited outfit. I've been searching forever though for the perfect thing and when you find it, you just know that's it. Even with the pricetag..

9. Not necessarily something I bought per say...

I made a 5ft Sakurai cherry blossom tree for an art display at a local con. it's basic, but so pretty. it just took a ton of time and supplies....I plan to improve it. I just need to get the energy and motivation

10. I haven't actually bought it yet, but I'm going to get an airbrush, compressor, paints, everything. Ugh, it will cost as much as a fullset SD from a popular company! Sad thing is, I used to have it all years ago, but sold it thinking I'll never need this stuff...:doh Whyyyyyyyyyy?!

11. I have a layaway ongoing for Silent Paradise urethane eyes that will total $140, which is probably a lot of dough for eyes. XD However, my dolls have hard-to-fit sockets and the readily available small-iris options come in colors I don't like, so it's worth it.

12. So far a $214 custom wig!

13. An Angell-Studio outfit that doesn't even fit the doll I have, but I love the outfit too much and didn't want to risk not having it for the next doll I get.

14. The most expensive thing I bought was for a doll I didn't even own yet, which is kind of sad. It was an Iplehouse outfit in the range of like $200 and the even SADDER thing is that I never actually GOT the doll it was for. :doh I'm an impulse buyer, what can I say.

15. So far my most expensive purchase for a doll is CODENOIR Alice Memory Green dress. With shipping it cost me over 70 dollars. But it's super hard to find a affordable YOSD sized mint green dress! I would have been happy with a cheaper one, but didn't find any. I Couldn't even find a cheap brown dress (her color scheme is mint chocolate). But no regrets, I really love the dress. :3 It's on it's way!

16. For me it would have to be the photo studio set up that I have. I bought it specifically to take pictures for my photo story. I have the large metal frame to hold the backgrounds, and I bought a lot of backgrounds for the dolls to go with it, studio lights, both black and white umbrella diffusers, camera tripod. It's a nice set up. I would think this is my most expensive thing I got for the dolls in one go.

17. A pair of doll shoes that cost more than some of my own and they ended up being too big for all of my dolls :doh I sold them quite soon after for half the price and have since set a $$$ limit for any future pairs in case disappointment happens.

18. My most expensive thing is actually a collection of hats for my SD girls. I came across these by an extremely talented milliner on Etsy, and was instantly hooked! I think at last count I was just past 30 of them!:XD: Each one is a work of art…it’s my collection within a collection.:thumbup

[​IMG]

19. Formal suit from Nine9Style for my Cliff, posh salmon skin corset for my girls, real leather shoes for my Rei and some furniture...

20. 45 for mo hair to make a wig. My canon m50 was around 500$ though.