1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

the NICEST things people do or say

Sep 2, 2009

1. my mom said "Quit spending your money... on the cutest thing EVER! *fangirls a bit*" when she saw Kira in her new boots. :3 win

2. a random girl who saw our doll meet showed Aiden to all her friends saying how hot he is and she said she wanted to marry him :)

3. Just this morning I finally took the initiative to give Kal a fresh coat of MSC, but the thing is, I'm not really sure on how to do it properly (quite the newb, still)...
      In the end my dad popped in to help, ended up him doing the coating while I just sit there and watch :P he did a perfect job of it as well~ I really appreciated his help!

And my mum always tell my brother to lose weight and exercise more, so that he can have the physique like two of my boy dolls, my brother wasnt amused of course, lol.

4. My family all love my dolls because I do. Even if they do think the dolls are creepy. They like them for me....

5. My hair stylist/best friend forever gives me free wafts of hair. My mother immediately wanted to make his a coat even though she isn't the best at sewing because "He came without a shirt and he'll be cold". My best friend ShadowHuntr liked him so much she made him a scarf and decided to get one of her own. I can feel teh dolly luv.

6. My father doesn't understand why someone could ever like dolls, let alone spend so much money on plastic and yet he came to me few weeks ago, looked at my dolls and said: "Silk, you have a great eye for quality."

7. I have a non-doll freind who always asks about my boys and buys them clothes :)
      He even brought me a carrier so I can bring them to meet him xD

8. xblackravenx: woah thats so nice!! i wish my friends would do that to x3

9. sahoma : Honestly, I have to tell him to stop spoiling them, they'll want to leave me and go live with him lol

10. I have the best mom ever - she got me a doll for Xmas, that she completely picked out herself (a pink Bobobie Sprite). It was totally unexpected, and I was pleasantly surprised that although I never would have picked that doll for myself, I'm completely smitten - I really like the immature body. She even apologized for buying me a "cheap" doll (not that I cared at all!) but she couldn't resist the pink elf ears.

11. Compliments and someone asking to hold my boy, and then someone asked to take a picture of my doll and I. I was pretty shocked.
      My mom always says really sincere nice things too LOL;

12. The nicest thing so far for me was when an elderly woman came up to my friend and I in a park with my dolls (my friend's one is still in the mail) Anyway, so she came up to us and started asking questions about them and saying that they were very pretty and cute. Which was unusual, as I've had the erghhh creepy reaction, but hardly ever the ooh pretty reaction.

13. the nicest thing that happened to me:

my first doll is still incoming..

this month i had birthday and my friends are so cute ;_;

they still think i´m a bit crazy for spending so much on a doll xD... but they searched for a tutorial on how to make a doll carrier out of a violin case ;___; I was so happy ! they are the best friends ever :)

14. <3 someone helped me get my first bjd and when i got her she said "Im happy you boguht it becaz the doll is as beautiful as you" cheeee~

15. I brought one of my bjds to my schools Talent Show and a girl who has been known to be quite rude walked right up to me and fawned over Madaline for 10 minutes. I was rather shocked and I think I've convinced her to buy one LOL :)

16. Weeell I don't really do much and my mother isn't a very supportive person when it comes to my dolls (or any hobby I have, :/ ) But when she made clothes for my dolls, I felt really bubbly and so happy inside ^w^ Those are probably the best in my book, most of the other time I just get compliments, the "She's beautiful (despite the fact they're boys ^w^)."

17. I was at Shadocon this year and brought my little demon, Zariel.
      There was 3 random girls that wanted to look at him and take pictures with him O_O
      And this Kakashi cosplayer, (which her kakashi cosplayer boyfriend) was fawning over Stan, and asked so nicely if she could take a picture with him too XD
      I was so happy~
      Noone has ever asked to take picks with my dolls. lol

18. my boyfriend has been so amazing in every way since i first started in the hobby back in april. he's helped me build furniture and other doll stuff and always gives me his creative input when i ask him for his opinion.

the other day, he was gone out of town for a weekend, and while gone, he strolled around antique shops to specifically look for something for my dolls. he found a perfectly SD sized bench (which is rare!) and bought it for me. Then he was so afraid to break it in his luggage, even his carry on bag, that he hand carried it through the airport and let sit with him during the flight while people gave him funny looks. he's so sweet!

and then, this weekend, i spent my time out of town with my girlfriends, and the cousin of my best friend saw a cute little jewelry box couch, bought it, wrapped it in a pretty box and gave it for me. the couch is way small and doesn't fit any of my bjd's, but does fit my barbies, but it was the thought behind it that counts.

so sweet. i actually haven't had any bad encounters or experiences yet because of my dolls....

19. My dad = awesomest dad/person ever. He pays for all of my dolls + their stuffs so that's the nicest thing anyone has done for me! And he doesnt even like my dolls! Ahahah 8D

20. My husband is the sweetest, kindest, and most understanding person ever and positively supports me a hundred percent in this hobby ever since I got into when I was 21. He has bought me almost every single doll I've owned (with the exception of 1) with a smile on his face.

It's funny because when he asked me to marry him, he got me two very expensive dolls instead of an engagement ring (since I'm not too fond of jewelry and would rather dolls than a diamond... I don't even wear my wedding ring.).